What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I've started mob psycho season three and it's amazing. I'm at episode 7 right now. 

Spoiler

I whished dimple wouldn't have died... He was a great friend to mob. I'm probably gonna miss him lol. shit this hurt.

• Like 1

Spy x Family episode 21 - I really enjoyed the 2nd cour’s opening arc, but the more anecdotal eps that followed felt kinda meh. But this week returned to greatness with the introduction of a rival for Yor &  Bond showing a bit more personality.

My Hero Academia episode 122 - waiting for the next episode has become a real ordeal these past couple weeks. While I still think seasons 4 & 5 could have been made more satisfying while laying the groundwork for what was to come, the way things are coming together & escalating now has made it a contender for my AOTY. Peak shonen.

Lunchtime today I finished watching the Violet Evergarden TV series and I'd forgotten how sad some of those episodes were.

Then this evening I watched the Violet Evergarden Movie. I ordered this back in July, so I've been waiting a long time to see it. It was definitely worth the wait, it's a wonderfully beautiful film with a fantastic soundtrack, amazing animation with an astonishingly high attention to details and stunning visuals and above all, a great story which is a fitting finale to the series and the story of Violet Evergarden.

As you can tell, I really enjoyed watching this film and the 2 hours 20 minutes it ran for just flew by.

• Like 1

As of late I've been watching the original Yugioh fairly often since I finished Azumanga a few weeks ago. Thinking about starting watching GunXSword since I got all six parts on dvd now.

• Like 2

So, having watched Kanon, Your Lie in April, Violet Evergarden TV & Movie I felt I needed something a bit more light-hearted and less tear-jerking, so I've started on Sound of the Sky. Yes, I know this series gets more serious towards the end but in the early episodes the interactions between the various characters are great fun to watch.

• Like 1

I watched 800 - 806 of One Piece  on Funamtion

so far: Luffy  Finally Puts an end to general 3  Cracker  But eating Luffy  Ate  All of gen cracker
while  Nami is  making  Homies due her bidding with  The LOLA card,  and chopper carrot are still exploring
the mirror verse and  Sanji  Get See his or big  mama or 66  Cloning While his bothers Beat up
as Nami and Luffy run off to Save Sanji  and Keep in The straw Hat Crew
after putting an end to  general cracker  with a New move  to fourth  gear called  Tankman
while showing how Sanji Became a super world-class of chef by showing Sanji  Traning starting in mom's castle while in the iron mask  Then thanks to his sister He ran off and trained with Zeff  in the east blue after visiting his real mom in the hospital.

800  "The First and the Second Join! The Vinsmoke Family"
801  "The Benefactor's Life! Sanji and Owner Zeff!"
802 A  n Angry Sanji! The Secret of Germa 66!"
803 The Past that He Let Go of! Vinsmoke Sanji!"
804  To the East Blue! Sanji's Resolute Departure!
805 A Battle of Limits! Luffy and the Infinite Biscuits!"
806  "The Power of Satiety! A New Gear Four Form – Tank Man!

Edited by Nicholas D. Wolfwood

For seasonals I'm watching Bocchi The Rock, Urusei Yatsura, and Chainsaw Man. I enjoy all three, but for very different reasons.

I'm also watching Azumanga Daioh and Code Geass. The former is extremely enjoyable even though I already know all the jokes from the manga. The latter is... not my favorite. I just don't like the protagonist very much and the story is a bit out there for me. I also don't like how narrow the characters are either.

• Like 2

I'm currently watching Golden Time. It's a rather good Slice of Life series set in a college rather than a High School, which makes a nice change and it has a good cast of characters all with interesting personalities.  The series is based on a rather intriguing concept.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

7 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I'm currently watching Golden Time. It's a rather good Slice of Life series set in a college rather than a High School, which makes a nice change and it has a good cast of characters all with interesting personalities.  The series is based on a rather intriguing concept.

Let’s GOOOO!!! It’s one of my favorite series of all time. I’m sure you will like it

im currently watching the eminence in shadow and I love it. It's as if it was made for since it's pretty much the haruhi isekai

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

Let’s GOOOO!!! It’s one of my favorite series of all time. I’m sure you will like it

Oh I like it, this is the 3rd or 4th time I've watched it. I meant to put that I'm re-watching it, but sometimes my brain types faster than my fingers! 😃

• Like 1

Started Gun X Sword.
have to say I already love it, animations solid, it's cool factor is off the charts, and the tracks groovy as hell!
I breezed through two episodes, and I'm excited for more !

• Cool (Kakkoii) 2

I've now finished My Dress-up Darling. An interesting look into the world of cosplay. Kitagawa and Gojo have such different personalities and it's fun to watch how they react to each other in the various situations they find themselves in. I'm pleased that it's getting a second series because it just ended too quickly.

• Agree 2

Today it's more a case of what am I trying to watch than what am I watching.

Lunchtime I settled down to watch Orange and selected the subtitled option because I really don't like dubs, but when the first episode started it was the dubbed version and it didn't matter how many times I went back and selected the sub option it always played the dubbed version. 😡

So I gave up and decided to watch something else, but every series I tried to watch played as the dubbed version despite me carefully clicking on the sub option. Even shows with only a subtitled version listed played dubbed! ☹️

This is really weird because I had no problem watching My Dress-up Darling subtitled.

So what's happened since yesterday?

Have I missed some preferences option that only shows me dubs? And if I have how to I cancel it and set it to show subs?

Have CR changed their plans and now only stream dubbed anime?

If they're only going to offer dubs from now on they've just lost a subscriber because I really, really don't like dubs.

17 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Today it's more a case of what am I trying to watch than what am I watching.

Lunchtime I settled down to watch Orange and selected the subtitled option because I really don't like dubs, but when the first episode started it was the dubbed version and it didn't matter how many times I went back and selected the sub option it always played the dubbed version. 😡

So I gave up and decided to watch something else, but every series I tried to watch played as the dubbed version despite me carefully clicking on the sub option. Even shows with only a subtitled version listed played dubbed! ☹️

This is really weird because I had no problem watching My Dress-up Darling subtitled.

So what's happened since yesterday?

Have I missed some preferences option that only shows me dubs? And if I have how to I cancel it and set it to show subs?

Have CR changed their plans and now only stream dubbed anime?

If they're only going to offer dubs from now on they've just lost a subscriber because I really, really don't like dubs.

I think you may need to go in your account setting and choosing your preference. That also happened to my friend and it’s what he did

4 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Thank you. I'll try that. 🙂

There was nothing really obvious for setting sub/dub preferences but there was a slider to set subtitles/CC ON which I did, it didn't seem to make any difference.

However, while poking around the site I found that if I scroll through the dub episode list there's a button marked "Next Season" and clicking on that brings up a list of the same episodes with different languages and sub/dub options.

More poking around is clearly needed to find out how the site works, it's not quite as intuitive as I thought it was. 🙂

• Like 1

I've started on March Comes in like a Lion. So far I'm 3 episodes in and I haven't got a clue what the story is about, it just seems like a series of random scenes with no overall storyline. The artwork is also inconsistent, in one scene there's good character and background design and animation and in the next it's a simple basic cartoon style.
I'll give it a few more episodes, but at the moment it's heading for the chop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've started on March Comes in like a Lion. So far I'm 3 episodes in and I haven't got a clue what the story is about, it just seems like a series of random scenes with no overall storyline. The artwork is also inconsistent, in one scene there's good character and background design and animation and in the next it's a simple basic cartoon style.

March come in like a lion is a really good anime. I’m sure it will be worth it.

• Useful 1

5 hours ago, Animedragon said:

57 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

March come in like a lion is a really good anime. I’m sure it will be worth it.

I’ve heard a number of people brag about it, but haven’t been in any particular hurry to see for myself. @Animedragon any progress on the subtitle/dub issue?

As for myself, I haven’t exactly been wowed by Chainsaw Man. Not a single character i’ve felt even the slightest fondness for. But after seeing what Makina is capable of in the latest ep, gotta say she’s scary as hell 😱

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

As for myself, I haven’t exactly been wowed by Chainsaw Man. Not a single character i’ve felt even the slightest fondness for. But after seeing what Makina is capable of in the latest ep, gotta say she’s scary as hell 😱

This has turned out to be one of those shows where the manga seems to be the better option, IMHO.

Spoiler

And yeah, I've kind of suspected Makima's character had dubious intentions. Her eyes kinda made me curious to dig into it, because they have a similar pattern and color scheme as Power's, and Power's a fiend, so.... yeah.... Won't really say anything more on that, but something always felt off about her since the very beginning. 😬

Edited by viruxx
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1