What anime are you watching now?

Optic

1 hour ago, viruxx said:

This has turned out to be one of those shows where the manga seems to be the better option, IMHO.

I don’t know. I intend to finish the season, but unless something changes not feeling particularly motivated to check out the manga or hyped for the inevitable season 2. Dorohedoro (not to be confused with Dororo :P ) had a lot of similar elements, but I found it more enjoyable personally. Wish Netflix (or someone) would invest in a season 2, but looking increasingly unlikely.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

I don’t know. I intend to finish the season, but unless something changes not feeling particularly motivated to check out the manga or hyped for the inevitable season 2. Dorohedoro (not to be confused with Dororo :P ) had a lot of similar elements, but I found it more enjoyable personally. Wish Netflix (or someone) would invest in a season 2, but looking increasingly unlikely.

The anime definitely hasn't matched the hype it's gotten thus far (I guess that's how hype goes more often than not). I've read it up to volume 4, and I want to think it might get better over time (sound familiar?), especially when it gets to the point where the things I alluded to in the spoiler in my last post occur in the plot. I'm still willing to dive into the next couple of volumes for now. I haven't watched Dorohedoro yet, so I can't really compare it, but I guess the last disappointing show I watched was Call of the Night, and I've grouped the CSM anime in with it, sadly. Always hate to do that, but sometimes.... can't help but work with what you got.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I’ve heard a number of people brag about it, but haven’t been in any particular hurry to see for myself. @Animedragon any progress on the subtitle/dub issue?

Yes. It would appear that when you first click on a series the you're taken to the block of episodes that are dubbed in English, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page there's a link called "Next Season" and if you click that it leads you on to dubs in other languages and the English subbed episodes, although sometimes it leads you to the second series of the anime. It's a dual purpose button! And a bit confusing.

I watched another couple of episodes of March Comes in like a Lion and decided that after 5 episodes I'd given it a fair chance to engage my interest but the wandering and rather muddled storyline and inconsistent artwork and character designs were just too distracting and off-putting.

So having having found the subtitled episodes of Orange I started watching that this evening. The excellent artwork, character designs and animation  along with an intriguing storyline caught my interest and attention from the first episode.

• Like 1

Bleach for the nostalgia at the moment with the current arc, will be interesting to see how they do it from the manga. And will bring back the old memories for sure. 

Also been rematching more oldies like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. 

• Like 1

The final episode of the Ancient Magus Bride OVA: Boy from the West & Knight of the Blue Storm. Looking forward to Chise’s adventures at magic college in season 2.

My Hero Academia episode 124 - HOLY **** 🤯 This  episode’s reveal left my jaw on the floor & pretty much guarantees MHA season 6 is going to be my AOTY 2022. While not perfect, This season has brought so many developing plot threads together & addressed many of the complaints I had about seasons 4 & 5. One of the biggest being that it seemed to be too quick to forgive Endeavor for his past actions. I won’t go into details because of spoilers, but to borrow a quote from this ep “You reap what you sow”.

So, I've now finished re-watching series 1 of Sound Euphonium. It's a nice easy going SoL series about a high school concert band. The story is moved forward mainly by the interactions of the characters, the character designs, artwork and animation are excellent as is the attention to detail, but then you wouldn't expect anything less from Kyoto Animation. I'm not a musician but I'm told that when you see the cast playing their instruments they are actually playing the correct notes.

• Like 1

I started watching «Fairy Tail». Recently l want to feeling something kind and warm in my hurt. 

I'm tired of watching anime about murder and something terrible. 

Sometimes I am surprised by people who have time to watch 20 episodes of anime. People spend 6 hours a day on anime... They probably don't have 24 hours a day. (Maybe 500 or more)😄

52 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Just noticed Solty Rei in crunchy's "new" section.  Worth a re-watch.

Added to my queue, though who knows when I’ll get to it :P Funi continues to port over it’s catalogue to CR.

I started watching Romantic Killer and From Me To You a couple of days ago.

From Me To You is just adorable, although I do find Sawako's thought patterns a bit repetitive ig?? It's really sweet though, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

unlike Romantic Killer, which I've pretty much already dropped after 5 minutes It's so painfully bad 💀

Edited by KaiyaSaysHaiya
  • Like 1

I've now finished series 2 of Sound Euphonium. Slightly different to series 1 where the focus of the episodes was introducing the characters and their efforts to get the concert band up to presentable standard. In series 2 the focus shifts away from the band rehearsals and centres around the members of the band and their various problems and interactions with each other. I think the series had a good ending for it to have ended any other way would have been unrealistic and slightly improbable.
Overall, Sound Euphonium is a really good series.

36 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

watching bocchi the rock. I love this anime

I’m enjoying it as well. But (bit of an unpopular opinion) I think I like Do It Yourself as a CGDCT series more.

• Like 1

I've now finished watching Soukou no Strain. I thought it a bit slow to start and introducing all the characters only to kill almost all of them off by the end of the first episode was certainly different. But the story got going quickly after that and had an interesting storyline and was really enjoyable to watch.

• Agree 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 2

I'm currently trying to watch Little Busters series 1 again.  I say "trying to watch" because I find the storyline doesn't flow smoothly and the pacing is all over the place. OK, I don't find it as disjointed as I did first time round, because this time I have an idea of what's happening, but it's still difficult to follow.

• Like 1