What anime are you watching now?

Optic

1 hour ago, Otaking66lives said:

Just started re-watching Ai Yori Aoshi, Tenchi Muyo GXP and Rahxephon.

How are you finding Ai Yori Aoshi?

I thought that it couldn't make up its mind what sort of series it was. The first 4 episodes set it up as a nice little Slice of Life series about two people trying to live their lives together despite family opposition, then in episode 5 it suddenly became full-on Harem series with the guy banished to an outhouse while all the girls, and the maid/housekeeper lived in the mansion.  In subsequent episodes I thought it kept swapping between being an SoL and a Harem series.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

How are you finding Ai Yori Aoshi?

I thought that it couldn't make up its mind what sort of series it was. The first 4 episodes set it up as a nice little Slice of Life series about two people trying to live their lives together despite family opposition, then in episode 5 it suddenly became full-on Harem series with the guy banished to an outhouse while all the girls, and the maid/housekeeper lived in the mansion.  In subsequent episodes I thought it kept swapping between being an SoL and a Harem series.

It is a slice of life. While the other girls do show plenty of affection for the main male character, he only has romantic feelings for the main female character. His feelings are never confused or conflicted. He is never forced to make a "choice". It was always her. We are so used to what this show seems to be at it's core, a harem anime, it can be difficult to see the truth of it unless you really pay attention. IMHO LOL

• Like 1

I just watched arisa good luck which is an anime made in 1999 and create by a doujin circle. I quite enjoyed it and it’s really impressive for a bunch of people who aren’t professional to be able to do an anime like that. It’s just an ova but I liked it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otaking66lives said:

It is a slice of life. While the other girls do show plenty of affection for the main male character, he only has romantic feelings for the main female character. His feelings are never confused or conflicted. He is never forced to make a "choice". It was always her. We are so used to what this show seems to be at it's core, a harem anime, it can be difficult to see the truth of it unless you really pay attention. IMHO LOL

Thanks for that opinion, perhaps I'll give the series another watch and see if my view of it has changed over the years.

• Like 2

started watching the angel next door spoil me rotten and I love it. as a fan of both the author and romance anime i already love this anime. the main character does resemble me a lot and by a lot i mean A LOT. haircut, age, personality, flaws. pretty much everything beside the hair color. Also I love shiina she is my type.

• Like 1

I've started watching Laid Back Camp.  And it's just that, very laid back, in fact it's so laid back it's horizontal.

It's basically a Slice of Life - Cute Girls Doing Cute Things series and the cute things the cute girls are doing is camping. While it's a simple story the antics of the girls are great fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Mobile Suit Gundam Trilogy 

Mobile Suit Gundam Gif - Gif Abyss

These where a great compilation film series, I think the second Mobile Suit Gundam II Soldiers of Sorrow was a little over condensed for my liking but Mobile Suit Gundam III Encounters In Space is peak Gundam and defiantly makes up for any shortcomings of the II's adaptation by tightly focusing the final arch of the Gundam series. Defiantly give these a watch if you haven't before. 

Dirty Pair: Affair of Nolandia and Original Dirty Pair: Flight 005 Conspiracy

Dirty Pair | Wiki | Anime Amino

finally got around to watching some of the OG Dirty Pair OVAs and I have to say I thought it was really enjoyable, Kei and Yuri stole the show with their antics and I can only imagine some of the wacky shenanigans they get up to in the original TV show now and follow up OVA series.

• Like 1

Campfire Cooking in Another World With My Absurd Skill 

as the title suggests, it’s a pretty silly show (the dude’s special skill after getting isekai’d is essentially Amazon Fresh membership) but it’s also quite funny/entertaining. Especially with Ainz al Goown voicing his wolf monster familiar (and like all doggos, he’s always hungry)

spacer.png

image.thumb.jpeg.dabf14b30987007dc891f8964a898f6f.jpeg

and Mappa is providing the animation

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 11:05 PM, Animedragon said:

I've started watching "Fuuka" looks like an interesting story with a good cast of characters.

I don't like was change story manga was different  story and ending..

Edited by animechat

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari 

https://myanimelist.net/anime/50384/Mononogatari

Pretty sure this is in no way related to the more famous Monogatari franchise. While a bit escapist in setting & wooden in execution, it is presenting some compelling themes of prejudice, respectful co-existence & choosing who we consider to be “family”. So staying with it for now at least.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Continuing on with Nagatoro S2, Tomo-chan and Trigun Stampede. So far, not too shabby. Like a lot of others, I was pleasantly surprised that CR dropped two new episodes this past week of Nagatoro. Watching Komi Can't Communicate in between episode drops.

Apart from those, I'm planning to pick back up on The Demon Girl Next Door as well. Haven't made it past the 2nd episode, and it's been a while since I watched it, so I might just restart from the beginning. And I need to get caught up on Bastard and Edgerunners. In other words, I'm gonna be busy for a hot minute. 😅

• Like 1

I've now finished watching Laid Back Camp. A highly enjoyable series about a group of cute girls who spend their time going on overnight camping trips to remote places where they admire the scenery, visit the hot springs and prepare, cook and eat large amounts of food.

22 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've now finished watching Laid Back Camp.

Wait!  WAIT!!

I've found that there's a second series! 😃

More of Rin's camping expeditions. She's such an interesting character, the others are good as well.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

41 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

More of Rin's camping expeditions. She's such an interesting character, the others are good as well.

Rin is one of my all time favorite anime characters, largely due to the fact that she doesn’t fall into the usual anime trope for introverts. And her friendship with Nadeshiko is truly charming image.thumb.png.aa199c2cee496cb254d68160c179b8cd.png

image.gif.7879dc3008faab22f8198cf1ea539296.gif

image.gif.d186eeb6d32972904df5608c8cefb8cb.gif

And once you’re done with season 2, there’s a movie on CR which has the crew getting back together after graduation from high school

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1