What anime are you watching now?

Optic

On 2/18/2023 at 8:04 PM, Penguin said:

One that I find very lighthearted and cute is The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague.

I’m watching that one as well, though I’m behind on it. Now halfway through Monster.

2 hours ago, viruxx said:

The only two new shows I'm currently watching are Nagatoro S2 and Tomo-chan is a Girl. I plan on watching Aggretsuko S5 sometime soon-ish, but other than that, nothing else has really caught my eye yet.

I'm thinking about revisiting Yu Yu Hakusho, only this time, I can watch it in chronological order and without commercial interruptions like it was when it aired on Toonami years ago.

N'joy the classic anime of YuYu Hakusho. ^^

I'm still watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and got done with the 4th episode a few hours ago. I'm taking a break from it for the rest of the day though. I love GitS. My big sis' got me the 1995 anime movie on DVD, and it's one of my most prized possessions to this day.

• Like 2

I've started to watch White Album, I'm six episodes in but I'm having difficulty finding a reason to continue watching it. The basic plot is that the main character's girlfriend is about to become an idol singer, the two of them seem committed to each other, but her production company seem to want to keep them apart. Then there's another singer who appears to sometimes help them get together and other times tries to replace the girlfriend, and there's two other girls who seek the guys help, but I'm not sure what their motives are. The whole plot is a mess.

I had a bit of a shock this evening. I went to watch another couple of episodes of White Album on CR and a notice appeared saying something like "This series is unavailable to view". I wasn't too upset as I'm only continuing with the series out of curiosity about how much more of a mess some of the characters can make of their lives.  I checked back in a couple of hours later and it was available again, so there was probably some sort of server issue.

3 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I had a bit of a shock this evening. I went to watch another couple of episodes of White Album on CR and a notice appeared saying something like "This series is unavailable to view". I wasn't too upset as I'm only continuing with the series out of curiosity about how much more of a mess some of the characters can make of their lives.  I checked back in a couple of hours later and it was available again, so there was probably some sort of server issue.

That's weird, but it happens. I'm not sure why the server would be down though.

6 hours ago, Otaku Gamer said:

That's weird, but it happens. I'm not sure why the server would be down though.

It was a bit weird, it only seemed to affect that series as the message went on to offer several other similar series I could watch.

9 hours ago, Animedragon said:

It was a bit weird, it only seemed to affect that series as the message went on to offer several other similar series I could watch.

Huh, really weird. I'm glad I don't watch any anime online (severe data limits is why tbh), but I'm sorry that happened. Hopefully it won't happen again in the near future. Odd thing to happen, but also really inconvenient I imagine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Otaku Gamer said:

Huh, really weird. I'm glad I don't watch any anime online (severe data limits is why tbh), but I'm sorry that happened. Hopefully it won't happen again in the near future. Odd thing to happen, but also really inconvenient I imagine.

It was OK this evening so it looks like it was a temporary glitch.

I had a relatively slow connection and data limits until December last year when my service provider made me an offer I couldn't refuse for a faster unlimited service so now I can watch online.

Edited by Animedragon

1 minute ago, Animedragon said:

It was OK this evening so it looks like it was a temporary glitch.

I had a relatively slow connection and data limits until December last year when my service provider made me an offer I couldn't refuse for a faster unlimited service so now I can watch online.

Aw man, I'd love unlimited data! We get a measly 15 gigabytes a month of data, so I have to be really careful online. When the gigs run out I can still use things like youtube and yt Music, but I'd hesitate to get invested in anime with no data. I wish ours would make us a good offer. :'(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Otaku Gamer said:

We get a measly 15 gigabytes a month of data,

My old deal gave me 20GB, so it wasn't much better than yours. I went over that once, and they cut my download speed by 60% I had to pay them extra that month to get the speed back. ☹️

2 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

My old deal gave me 20GB, so it wasn't much better than yours. I went over that once, and they cut my download speed by 60% I had to pay them extra that month to get the speed back. ☹️

Sheesh! That's pretty harsh. We don't get billed for it, the data just stays at zero until the next month, but it does make me wonder why I can still use YouTube Music when the 15 is gone. I'm glad, but it's also confusing. You'd think when the data ran out I wouldn't be able to use things like that... just really weird service. lol

2 minutes ago, Otaku Gamer said:

Sheesh! That's pretty harsh. We don't get billed for it, the data just stays at zero until the next month, but it does make me wonder why I can still use YouTube Music when the 15 is gone. I'm glad, but it's also confusing. You'd think when the data ran out I wouldn't be able to use things like that... just really weird service. lol

You're right, that's a really weird system.

1 minute ago, Animedragon said:

You're right, that's a really weird system.

Right? I'm still grateful but I'd like to know why it works that way. Sometimes I just want to know things that might seem insignificant, though I don't really know why... just a perk of autism probably. ^^;

11 minutes ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Just finished Tomo-Chan Is A Girl... does anyone know if there will be more episodes? 

I believe it's a 13 episode series, so if you've just watched episode 13 that's it unless it gets a second season.

30 minutes ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Just finished Tomo-Chan Is A Girl... does anyone know if there will be more episodes? 

The most recent episode was episode 8, so no way you finished it without a TARDIS. And confirmed 13 episodes for it’s debut season (though I’ve seen comments from people saying the rate it’s covering the source material there’s only enough for a single season)

Edited by Ohayotaku

5 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

The most recent episode was episode 8, so no way you finished it without a TARDIS. And confirmed 13 episodes for it’s debut season (though I’ve seen comments from people saying the rate it’s covering the source material there’s only enough for a single season)

It's always a bit annoying when they use up the source material too quickly. It's even more annoying when there's plenty of source material but no interest in using it. <cough>Clear Card<cough>

Finished season 5 of Aggretsuko. The first half of the season was decent, but the political campaign storyline was a dumpster fire on par with Science Fell in Love season 2’s finale. Plus the focus was more on Haida than Retsuko all season long, which I don’t think was a good way to go out. When I finished season 3, I posted that it felt like a good place to end on & I stand behind that comment.  

Edited by Ohayotaku

I did manage to finish watching White Album, although it was a close thing and I nearly gave up a couple of times. Basically it was a lot of people with messed up lives doing things that messed up their lives even more. There wasn't much of a plot, although it could also be said there were too many plots, all of which just appeared then disappeared with little or no explanation or resolution. Towards the end I felt that they were trying desperately to find a reason behind everything by using the old late reveal backstory gambit, which to me came over as too much of a deus ex machina.  There was an epilogue of sorts at the end of the final credits, but instead of providing a closure to the story it just left more unanswered questions.  So overall a disappointing series and a contender for the worst series I've seen this year. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Battle Through The Heavens or its original name, Doupo Cangqiong. It's listed as an ONA on anilist, myanimelist etc..

Although it's a Donghua - I will refer to it just as chinese anime. Anyways, where do I start, Season 1 in general is just bad, in terms of animation, story-telling and so on. It quickly gets better after it's picked up by a new animation studio in Season 2. They also made a revamp of the first season containing only 3 episodes. It's your average cultivation anime but this one in particular could be said to be among the best out there with a decent animation/story/power system.

I was avoiding these 3D "anime" for quite a while tbh. I took the plunge ultimately and i'm glad as it turned out to be better than I expected.

eraserre.gif

Edited by Mazino