What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Finished Nagatoro’s 2nd season. Honestly, the final ep was kind of a letdown. Was expecting more hijinx considering the number of tagalongs on Naoto & Nagatoro’s date. And for all the progress in their relationship over the season, the final scene felt anti-climactic. Overall I thought the 1st season was better even  if it went a bit too far at times with the bullying & lewdness.

Also started catching up on Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari (not related to the better known franchise). It’s actually pretty good, despite not getting much attention.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Finished re-watching Fate Zero 

Kiritsugu Emiya GIF - Kiritsugu Emiya Fate - Discover & Share GIFs

Really enjoyed the re-watch

Started Watching the Fortuna Teller Baba Arch of Dragon Ball

Goku Kid GIFs | Tenor

Really enjoying the series, Kid Goku is awesome! 

Re-watched the first half of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 

Lets talk about zeta gundam | Gundam Amino

One of my all time favourites, showing a mate for the first time.  

Weirdly also watched some of the SD Gundam Mark I and Mark II

0079 — SD Gundam MK-I

I hate how I got all the in jokes...

Also still watching Ningen Fushin 

Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you Desu Anime ...

Really enjoying the season so far...

• Like 1

Today I started watching Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai.  It seems a curious title for an unusual series and I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but the artwork and animation are good and I suppose there's not many series that mention Laplace's Demon and Schrodinger's cat. It'll be interesting to see how the story plays out.

• Like 1

@Animedragon It reminded me of Haruhi Suzimiya what with the male lead’s personality & the paranormal incidents. And just so you know, there’s a movie that picks up where the series leaves off.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I've been wanting to start up Avatar: The Last Airbender. My folks got my that paired with Legend of Korra for one of the recent Christmases but I can't remember which one. I haven't really watched too much of it yet, but I know I can't wait.

• Like 1

Finished Revenger (not to be confused with Tokyo Revengers ).  Dang, that final ep was brutal 😲 This had the potential to be something special if the supporting cast members had gotten more character development. But that would have required more eps which seems unlikely after the note it ended on. Not bad, but could’ve been a lot better with 2 cours to tell the story.

Edited by Ohayotaku

18 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

@Animedragon It reminded me of Haruhi Suzimiya what with the male lead’s personality & the paranormal incidents. And just so you know, there’s a movie that picks up where the series leaves off.

You got me interested 

• Like 1

I just finished rewatching Steins;Gate with my friend who hadn’t seen it, and he loved it. I was a bit worried because the other anime we’ve seen together were much faster paced. He ended up appreciating the slow burn. I still need to watch S;G 0 so I guess that’s next for me.

10 hours ago, PK-Broiler said:

I just finished rewatching Steins;Gate with my friend who hadn’t seen it, and he loved it. I was a bit worried because the other anime we’ve seen together were much faster paced. He ended up appreciating the slow burn. I still need to watch S;G 0 so I guess that’s next for me.

I personally didn’t find SG0 as enjoyable, but good luck. I would recommend watching the movie (Load Region of Déjà Vu) though which is a sequel to the original series if you haven’t already seen it.

Planning to wrap up a number of seasonals this weekend (MHA6, Trigun Stampede, In/Spectre 2) & maybe start Kaina of the Great Snow Sea.

Today I finished watching Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. With a title like that I wasn't sure what I would be getting, and what I got was a highly watchable and enjoyable series. The individual story arcs were, well, a bit weird, and while there was a a touch of humour in them the incidents were all treated in a serious way, which was an approach I liked. Out of all the story arcs I thought Kaede's was the most hard hitting and Sakuta's reactions when he realised he'd 'lost' the sister he'd known for the past two years were really well handled and presented.

• Like 1

Finished My Hero Academia 6 which went a long way in restoring my faith in the franchise by touching on many of the themes I felt had so much potential from the beginning & even tied together a lot of things from the disappointing seasons 4 & 5. Plus it seems like an endgame is finally in sight.

Also In/Spectre season 2 which I honestly didn’t enjoy as much as season 1. It felt like they tried to cram a few too many twists into each mystery plus the resolutions always seemed to leave a sour taste. While I suppose that’s how the series differentiates itself, it’s still kind of a downer. My biggest disappointment though is the focus on the individual cases resulted in a lack of character development for the 3 mains (Kotoko, Kuro & Rika) and their relationship. Plus I missed Saki & the way she and Kotoko got on each others nerves.

Edited by Ohayotaku

17 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Today I finished watching Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. With a title like that I wasn't sure what I would be getting, and what I got was a highly watchable and enjoyable series. The individual story arcs were, well, a bit weird, and while there was a a touch of humour in them the incidents were all treated in a serious way, which was an approach I liked. Out of all the story arcs I thought Kaede's was the most hard hitting and Sakuta's reactions when he realised he'd 'lost' the sister he'd known for the past two years were really well handled and presented.

Looks like the franchise is getting a 2nd movie, this one focusing on Kaede

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2023/03/25/rascal-does-not-dream-of-a-sister-venturing-out-theatrical-anime-reveals-first-trailer-visual

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

That looks very promising, thanks for that information. Hopefully Crunchyroll will have both movies at some point in the not too distant future.

I started Nana the other day. I like the dynamic between both leads so far. They contrast each other nicely while still getting along with each other. The music is pretty good too.

• Like 1

I've finished watching A Bridge To The Starry Sky. I found it a somewhat curious little series, the story revolves around two brothers who leave Tokyo to live in a small village in the country because the younger brother has health problems. The older brother makes quite a lot of friends at his new school, most of which are cute girls. But it's not really a 'cute girls doing cute things' series nor is it a 'harem' series as only three of the girls show any interest in the older brother, and rather than throwing themselves at him they do the exact opposite.
The artwork and animation is good quality and with an interesting cast of main and supporting characters along with a good storyline I found that it made an enjoyable series to watch.

• Like 1