What anime are you watching now?

Optic

2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've finished watching A Bridge To The Starry Sky. I found it a somewhat curious little series, the story revolves around two brothers who leave Tokyo to live in a small village in the country because the younger brother has health problems. The older brother makes quite a lot of friends at his new school, most of which are cute girls. But it's not really a 'cute girls doing cute things' series nor is it a 'harem' series as only three of the girls show any interest in the older brother, and rather than throwing themselves at him they do the exact opposite.
The artwork and animation is good quality and with an interesting cast of main and supporting characters along with a good storyline I found that it made an enjoyable series to watch.

I love this anime! Btw it’s from a visual novel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I love this anime! Btw it’s from a visual novel

Interesting to know it comes from a visual novel, but it doesn't surprise me that it does. The creators have done a good job of merging the various routes without it being too obvious.

• Agree 1

Finished Tomo-chan is a Girl. I enjoyed this series quite a bit this season. One of the better rom-coms I've seen lately. Also, I finished Nagatoro 2 over this past weekend, and I have to say, I enjoyed the show for the most part throughout, but I'm highly dissatisfied with how they ended that season. Just felt like Naoto and Nagatoro would have been further along in their relationship by then. I 'unno... 🤷‍♂️

All I've been watching lately has been Nagatoro 2 and Tomo-chan. I think I'm ready to shift gears away from simulcasts for a time and try to watch some older titles. My preference is that most or all of the episodes of a show are dropped and ready for viewing back to back. The plan is to dig in and watch Fate/Zero. I began watching that series near the end of last year, but I never made it past the second episode. My apologies, @MediaConsumesMe. I shall correct this error. 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viruxx said:

My preference is that most or all of the episodes of a show are dropped and ready for viewing back to back.

This is the way I prefer to watch anime series as well, I don't have the patience to wait a week or so between episodes 🙂.

• Agree 1

The remaining episodes of Uncle From Another World  (8 - 13) are up, just in time for me to binge before putting my subscription on hold..

I just finished the 2 seasons of Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko (By the grace of the gods). It's only 24 eps, a feelgood series with bit of magic. It doesnt have much action and it is so sweet that i almost damaged my teeth. BUT i was in the mood for something like this. Just a happy feelgood simple series

14 hours ago, viruxx said:

Finished Tomo-chan is a Girl. I enjoyed this series quite a bit this season. One of the better rom-coms I've seen lately. Also, I finished Nagatoro 2 over this past weekend, and I have to say, I enjoyed the show for the most part throughout, but I'm highly dissatisfied with how they ended that season. Just felt like Naoto and Nagatoro would have been further along in their relationship by then. I 'unno... 🤷‍♂️

All I've been watching lately has been Nagatoro 2 and Tomo-chan. I think I'm ready to shift gears away from simulcasts for a time and try to watch some older titles. My preference is that most or all of the episodes of a show are dropped and ready for viewing back to back. The plan is to dig in and watch Fate/Zero. I began watching that series near the end of last year, but I never made it past the second episode. My apologies, @MediaConsumesMe. I shall correct this error. 😅

You gotta get onto Fate. It so good - Zero is a great starting point followed by Unlimited Blade Works and then the Heaven Feel Trilogy. You can then if you dare circle back to Stay Night.

After that, it pretty much which ever of the spinoffs you want. I've seen them all up to Solomon (no release in UK still) and the upcoming Strange Fake.

• Like 2

I've started watching Tsuki ga Kirei it's quite a slow moving slice of life series about a couple of shy third year middle schoolers who are trying to get into a relationship without attracting the attention of their rather more boisterous and outgoing classmates, and when they do manage to get together without anyone else in the room they're so shy and nervous that they don't really know what to say to each other.

The artwork and animation are both good quality and the storyline, while slow moving, is well presented. The main and supporting characters are well crafted and have believable personalities.

The series has 25 episodes so I've a way to go in watching this one, but so far I'm enjoying it.

So, Crunchyroll is putting up the Kaguya-sama : Love is War movie this weekend, but they’ve divided it into 4 “episodes”. I just watched the first 2, the remainder is supposed to go up on Sunday. Please note that the story picks up immediately after the end of season 3.

This evening I finished watching Tsuki ga Kirei. Either someone got their wires crossed or I misread the series information, but I was expecting a 25 part series and so I  was totally caught out when it ended with episode 12, which was a rather dramatic and emotional ending to a story line that had been building for the previous couple of episodes. So for it to end on such an emotional climax was a shock and left me feeling rather empty and let down.

The still scenes under the closing credits went some of the way to give a closure to the story, but I had to go back and watch the end credits again to understand the ending.

Don't get me wrong, Tsuki ga Kirei is a beautiful story beautifully and thoughtfully presented and the dialogue, or rather the lack of it because sometimes you don't need words, along with some superb background music that really fits and compliments each scene.  Overall I enjoyed watching the series, but that ending really caught me out.

This evening I started watching Super Cub which is a series about a high school girl who buys herself a, remarkably cheap, second hand Honda Super Cub moped and starts to discover the wider world around her home. From the first few episodes this looks like it's going to be another very laid back and fun series to watch.

Watched some premiere episodes:

Skip & Loafer seems like it will be a SoL romcom. Mitsumi may not suffer from social anxiety, but that was a pretty awkward first day of highschool 😂

My Clueless First Friend despite it’s comedic side, seems like it will also focus on the emotional/psychological effects of bullying & the difference it can make when you find at least one person who has your back. The fact that it involves gradeschoolers & the one being ostracized is a girl also is a departure from the norm

Hell’s Paradise seems like it will be one of those edgy/violent battle royale series with supernatural/mystery elements. Still a decent start for that type of show.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Super Cub is a simply beautiful slice of life series and is great fun and highly enjoyable to watch. The artwork and animation are excellent as is the soundtrack, but what really stands out in this series is the characters, especially Koguma, the main character, she is a second year high school student who has a very genuine personality that just shines. As an orphan living in rather reduced circumstances her life is totally transformed when she buys a second hand Honda Super Cub which leads to her forming a friendship with her classmate Reiko which leads to the pair of them having lots of adventures out riding their Cubs.

In some ways Koguma and Reiko are similar to Rin and Nadeshiko from Yuru Camp, indeed I think that if you liked Yuru Camp you're going to like Super Cub. Like Yuru Camp it is set in a small town on the edge of the countryside not too far away from Mount Fuji.

Finished Eminence in Shadow season 1 & started the 2nd cour of Danmachi 4. Ancient Magus Bride season 2 got off to a solid start & of course Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc starts tomorrow.

• Like 1

I've just finished watching The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten. Now, with a title like that I wasn't quite sure what I would be getting, this is anime after all and the angel could have been a real angel or it could just be that 'angel' is a nick name, well fortunately in this case it was the latter.

As is to be expected from such a recent series the artwork and animation were good quality and while this counts for a lot, for me what counts most is a good storyline and interesting and believable characters. I'm not certain that a high school girl really would ofer to help clean a classmate's apartment and come round every evening to cook him a meal just because he looked after her when she was ill, but then again I have known people who have gone a few extra miles to help those who help them so I guess it is possible.

I quite liked the way they kept their relationship at the "good friends" level and that they tried hard to keep their friendship quiet at school to avoid the problematical repercussions each of them would face if it became common knowledge. I also liked the slow way their relationship developed and that while they clearly felt safe and confident in each other's company while at the same time not being quite certain of how they felt about each other.

The reactions and their expressions to the dialogue exchanges made me smile and chuckle several times, which is always a good thing. If there was one thing I felt that was slightly wrong with the series it was that the girl was almost always shown doing the domestic chores which I think could send a wrong message about relationships, but overall I enjoyed watching the series.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Finished Eminence in Shadow season 1 & started the 2nd cour of Danmachi 4. Ancient Magus Bride season 2 got off to a solid start & of course Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc starts tomorrow.

i saw you watched In another world with my smartphone. Season 2 started

On 4/9/2023 at 8:40 AM, Bulleje76 said:

i saw you watched In another world with my smartphone. Season 2 started

I watched first season another world with my smartphone and nothing promising  in first season and not sure worth watch second season.

43 minutes ago, animechat said:

I watched first season another world with my smartphone and nothing promising  in first season and not sure worth watch second season.

I'm not a great fan of isakai so I'm unlikely to watch the series, but the big question is what use would a smartphone be in another world? I mean, without the network to support it and a compatible power supply to recharge it it would soon just be a useless ornament.

Or am I just being to serious and logical? 😃

So this evening I finished After School Dice Club. This is a curious little series, on the one hand it's Cute Girls Playing Board Games and on the other hand it's the story of how a very shy lonely girl finds a group of friends and discovers a whole new world of fun.  The two themes run nicely together and along with the decent artwork and animation the series is interesting and good fun to watch.

10 hours ago, animechat said:

That is why i didnt tag you ;)

18 hours ago, animechat said:

That got a second season??  I never even managed to finish the first season.  :)

On 4/12/2023 at 10:33 AM, efaardvark said:

That got a second season??  I never even managed to finish the first season.  :)

World With My Smartphone Season 2 release date confirmed for April 2023.

On 4/11/2023 at 4:47 PM, Animedragon said:

I'm not a great fan of isakai so I'm unlikely to watch the series, but the big question is what use would a smartphone be in another world? I mean, without the network to support it and a compatible power supply to recharge it it would soon just be a useless ornament.

Or am I just being to serious and logical? 😃

There even don't need logic he died and where god give him universal smartphone and moved to magic world is powerful guy with big harem.

Show this is standard  scenery  of isakai and nothing new....

On 4/12/2023 at 2:35 AM, Bulleje76 said:

That is why i didnt tag you ;)

I don't like replay same scenario all isakai and recommended try Konsuba much better isakai joking around of all isakai animes.