What anime are you watching now?

Optic

3 hours ago, animechat said:

There even don't need logic he died and where god give him universal smartphone and moved to magic world is powerful guy with big harem.

Show this is standard  scenery  of isakai and nothing new....

Ah, I see where I made my mistake, I tried to apply logic to an anime genre where logic doesn't apply. 😃 😃

I really need to update more regularly 

Rewatrching Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam still (about half way though just after the Titan take the Moon and the AEUG are on the run)

7ht06z.gif.4e82c28605c88045f03b4b3932d6d959.gif

One of my all time favourites can't wait to see Axis Zeon entrance into the war, Haman Karn is best girl

Watched the Attack on Titan OVA No Regrets

Attack On Titan Gif - IceGif

Not sure about this one to be honest it was very short so I didn't feel much for the characters, and Levi edge lord backstory was almost a little two edgy like maybe they could have toned it down a little. 

Started rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (got though the first arch) 

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood gif | WiffleGif

Really enjoying this series thou it has made me want to watch the original one just to see the difference probably do that after I rewatched FMAB thou

Rewacthed Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin (Well technically watched as I watched the TV show version this time not the OVA version)

ramba ral on Tumblr

Really enjoyed this thou I do think the OVA was better, ever so much, still thou the TV show was a good adaptation of the Manga Arch, the whole backstory part from Volume V to Volume VII. Really enjoyed but would recommended the OVA or even Manga over this one ever so much. 

Wacthed Attack on Titan Season 2 

Pin on Shingeki No Kyojin

I really am confused by this series, maybe it me or how I watched it but I'm not getting into it at all. Maybe I went in with too high expectations with all the craze at the time when I started AOT Season 1 with Season 4's ending part II announcement, so I'm probably gonna break from watching season 3 for now get though some of my other backlog of anime and go from there. 

Just finished Ningen Fushin: Adventures Who Don't Believe In Humanity Will Save the World Fusion Adventures who don't believe in saving the world.

7i2gll.gif.1fb02555fd0ac400aad7e71c2a429fbb.gif

I actually enjoyed this series, it dumb fun honestly and I think it was a lot better than I was originally thinking go into to this. 

Still stuck on Dragon Ball but with Ningen Fushin finished I can get back on that one and get though the rest of the Fortune Teller Baba Arch

• Like 1

This evening I finished watching Tomo-chan is a Girl. An amusing series about a tomboy who suddenly realises that the boy she likes doesn't see her as a girl, which is not really surprising seeing how violent she can be. So she sets out to try and get him to see her as a girl, aided and sometimes hindered, by her to school friends. Overall it's a fun series to watch.

• Agree 1

I decided to try Demon Slayer and it hasn't impressed me so far. The story just doesn't engage me in any way. My friends tell me it gets good around episode 10, so I'm going to continue giving it a chance. If I still don't like the series very much I'll just drop it.

Today I finished watching Sing "Yesterday" For Me which is quite a good little Slice of Life series. The story revolves around four main characters, two guys and two girls who have a slightly complicated relationship with each other, the two guys want the same girl, while both the girls want the same guy, it's a sort double love triangle which leads to some awkward moments for all of them. 

Ultimately the story is about one of the guys and one of the girls trying to decide between which relationship they think they want and the one they really want. The story is well told and I enjoyed watching it but I felt that the ending was a bit rushed.

Dead Mount Death Play only 2 episodes in but so far a step ahead of the usual isekai as it’s a necromancer from a fantasy world who gets reincarnated into ours & tries to assimilate into the fringe  society of “fixers”. Seems like it will have some similarities to Chainsaw Man.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:26 PM, Bulleje76 said:

I am having 1,5 days off from work. Starting 'Handyman Saitou in another world' 

Hahaha i am going to be the isekai king 😛

I love this isekai and sorry.. i am the isekai king 😎

On 4/13/2023 at 4:42 PM, MarathonGuy1337 said:

7i2gll.gif.1fb02555fd0ac400aad7e71c2a429fbb.gif

glad somebody else enjoyed it too

• Funny 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 4/15/2023 at 3:51 PM, Ohayotaku said:

has kind of a Spy x Family feel

Am i the only one who thought the first episodes of spy x family are brilliant but go down very fast after that? Last episode i snoozed

40 minutes ago, Bulleje76 said:

Am i the only one who thought the first episodes of spy x family are brilliant but go down very fast after that? Last episode i snoozed

A lot of people were disappointed that it didn’t take itself more seriously & had more humor/slice of life content than they expected. Overall I enjoyed the first cour but felt like it went downhill after the 2nd cour’s opening arc.

16 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Dead Mount Death Play only 2 episodes in but so far a step ahead of the usual isekai as it’s a necromancer from a fantasy world who gets reincarnated into ours & tries to assimilate into the fringe  society of “fixers”. Seems like it will have some similarities to Chainsaw Man.

Just learned that this is by the same author as Baccano & Durarara. Makes sense since they also have oddball characters who operate on the other side of the law (information brokers, couriers, fixers, etc.) with some supernatural elements thrown in. He’s also apparently involved in the upcoming Fate Strange/Fake.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 10:36 PM, viruxx said:

Also, I finished Nagatoro 2 over this past weekend, and I have to say, I enjoyed the show for the most part throughout, but I'm highly dissatisfied with how they ended that season. Just felt like Naoto and Nagatoro would have been further along in their relationship by then. I 'unno... 🤷‍♂️

If Miss Nagatoro doesn't end with those two becoming a couple, I am sending Nanashi a strongly worded letter

• Like 1

In the four months since I took out a subscription to CR I've been able to watch a huge amount of anime series that I would not otherwise have seen and working on the principle that some series are worth more than a single viewing I've decided to do some re-watching.

First up is Higehiro,  I know that this series has been the subject of some controversy mainly due to its basic premise of a 27 year old guy taking in a 16 year old runaway high school girl and letting her live with him.

I wonder if the real problem some people have with this series is that the author, Shimesaba, has crafted a story that is too real and too close to home for them to cope with. In this world there are many teenagers who, like Sayu, have been unable to cope with the situations they find themselves in and have run away from home. Some of them will have taken Sayu's way to survive and sold themselves in exchange for a roof over their head and possibly food on their plate.

I suggest that a better way of looking at this series is to see it as the story of a 16 year old runaway who meets a 27 year old guy who is prepared to offer her a safe and secure place where she can stay and who helps her to gain the courage she needs to return to her home and face the problems she ran away from, all for nothing more than a bit of cooking and housework. Looking at it from that angle I think Higehiro is a really good series.

9 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

If you like isekai as much as i do. could you gimme your top 5 or top 10 isekais? maybe i missed one.

Much appreciated

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/soramee_?order=4&status=2

here is my anime list if you need it

i don't really have a top 10 or anything these are my favorites

1- konosuba

2- the eminence in shadow

3- hataraku maou sama (this one is a reverse isekai but it's really good)

4- zero no tsukaima

5- Full Dive: The Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! (it has a low rating on mal but it's genuinle one of the funniest anime i ever saw

6- no game no life

7- re zero

8- danmachi

9- sword art online (might be because it was my first anime that I put it here but I genuinely love it)

10- Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs

11- Accel World

12- Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru

for now I guess this should be fine

btw i haven't watched it but i heard a lot of good things from people on this forum about magic knight rayheart. it's a 90's isekai anime if i remember well

Edited by Soramee_

22 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

btw i haven't watched it but i heard a lot of good things from people on this forum about magic knight rayheart. it's a 90's isekai anime if i remember well

I think you may mean Magic Knight Rayearth. 🙂

It's a good series with lots of action and some great background music.  There's two series and both are enjoyable, series 2 follows on from series 1 and has a slightly more serious storyline.

18 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

yeah lol sorry about that the auto correction did that

if you need tips from me;..let me know. in case you have nothing to watch

On 4/21/2023 at 12:55 AM, Soramee_ said:

zero no tsukaima

I have seen 10 out of your 12 suggestionjs, but not this one. Will start tonight. Thank you very much

• Like 1

I just gave Mashle the 3-ep test.  Not my thing and I'll probably be dropping it but if Saitama at Hogwarts sounds like fun then you might want to give it a try.

14 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

zero no tsukaima

👍

Unfortunately I don't know of any source for it in the US.  Not legally anyway.

• Like 1