What anime are you watching now?

Optic

This evening I finished watching Kaina of the Great Snow Sea, and to be honest I found the ending a bit unsatisfactory. Up until the last few minutes of episode 11 it was an excellent story, but then they rushed the ending.  Eleven episodes seems a strange number and I wonder if it was intended to be 12 episodes, there certainly looked like there was plenty of material in those last couple of minutes to make a 12th episode to give the series a proper ending. I wonder if they just ran out of money and had to pull the key points of the originally planned ending into the closing minutes of the 11th episode, it certainly seemed that way. Throughout the preceding 10.5 episodes the story was well paced so it was very odd that they crammed the closure into the final few minutes.

11 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've started watching Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki, which is a refreshingly different take on the high school Slice of Life type of series, and quite good fun to watch.

Nice, I love that show

• Like 1

I've finished watching Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki. An interesting series, but it didn't seem to have an ending, the story just stopped at episode 13, then there was a sort of extra episode that was mostly a flashback to the time before episode 1, and that was it. Is there a second series to carry on the story where the first ended?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've finished watching Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki. An interesting series, but it didn't seem to have an ending, the story just stopped at episode 13, then there was a sort of extra episode that was mostly a flashback to the time before episode 1, and that was it. Is there a second series to carry on the story where the first ended?

yes

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 4:30 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Watched the first couple episodes of Insomniacs After School. As the name implies it’s about a couple highschoolers who bond over their shared struggles with insomnia & revive their school’s astronomy club. Like Skip & Loafer it seems like a pretty chill slice of life series with a friendship to romance angle. I really like the ED

I've now found out that this series is on Hidive not Crunchyroll. 🙁

My current plan is to wait until it's finished and then take out a Hidive subscription to watch it, along with a couple of other series they have that I'd like to see as well, and then cancel the sub.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've now found out that this series is on Hidive not Crunchyroll. 🙁

My current plan is to wait until it's finished and then take out a Hidive subscription to watch it, along with a couple of other series they have that I'd like to see as well, and then cancel the sub.

Yeah, that’s the way to go if you prefer bingeing over following weekly. Crunchyroll  is the only service I maintain continuously but I’ve been combining it with Hidive more recently. Currently following 3 series on Hidive: Insomniacs After School, Kubo Won’t Let Me be Invisible & Oshi no Ko.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Yeah, that’s the way to go if you prefer bingeing over following weekly. Crunchyroll  is the only service I maintain continuously but I’ve been combining it with Hidive more recently. Currently following 3 series on Hidive: Insomniacs After School, Kubo Won’t Let Me be Invisible & Oshi no Ko.

I got into the habit of binge watching because up until the end of last year the only way I had of watching anime was on DVD or Blu-ray from my own collection, and even the more recent releases have come out as compete series box sets rather than monthly disks with 4 or so episodes on each disk as was the norm a few years back.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that. If a series has a complex storyline I still prefer to binge (currently waiting on Golden Kamuy season 4 & Witch from Mercury 2nd cour to finish before taking on).

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 3:03 AM, Animedragon said:

Excellent.

Is it available yet or still in production?

In production unfortunately. If I remember well it’s gonna come out this year

Half way through season 2 AOT. While I loved season 1 and think it's not far off of being a masterpiece, this one seems far less intense. I think a lot of the plot twists are pretty cool but sadly not enjoying this as much.

14 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

In production unfortunately. If I remember well it’s gonna come out this year

And as if by magic Mr. YouTube placed this in my feed this morning..

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I'm currently working my way thorough my Cardcaptor Sakura Blu-rays, and finding the quality of the story, artwork and animation to be every bit as good as it was the first time I watched the series almost 23 years ago.

I am one of the many people who attempt to binge watch One Piece and end up quitting by episode 30 right here.

But aside from that, just started watching Monster, pretty fucking good to be honest.

Edited by ItsOnRandom
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ItsOnRandom said:

But aside from that, just started watching Monster, pretty fucking good to be honest.

Very good its a slow burn but makes up for it in story telling. Very good show.

Just started watching To Your Eternity and catching up on some JOJO. This season watching Oshi no ko , The Blue Orchestra, and might check out Heavenly Delusion looks like a mind trip.

Season a bit light for me for shows I would regularly watch but really would like some more scifi but it's  not as popular now.

• Like 1

Started Kino's Journey a few days ago (I get it's short I just take a long time to finish shows) I've been liking it so far, it's definitely a good watch after a long day at work.