What anime are you watching now?

Optic

33 minutes ago, Admiral_Fall said:

Started Kino's Journey a few days ago (I get it's short I just take a long time to finish shows) I've been liking it so far, it's definitely a good watch after a long day at work.

The original or the remake? I personally prefer the original.

5 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

The original or the remake? I personally prefer the original.

It's the original, didn't even know there was a remake lol

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 12:06 PM, ItsOnRandom said:

I am one of the many people who attempt to binge watch One Piece and end up quitting by episode 30 right here.

But aside from that, just started watching Monster, pretty fucking good to be honest.

I tried starting to watch One Piece on Crunchyroll (lord knows how long it would take to catch up). For some reason it kept changing my language preference to Spanish so I gave up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holywhippet said:

For some reason it kept changing my language preference to Spanish so I gave up.

When your're watching a 1000 episode anime but it isn't hard enough.

Edited by ItsOnRandom
  • Funny 2

While rewatching Cardcaptor Sakura I realised that in class Sakura occupies the traditional "main character's seat", second row from the back on the right hand side by the window.  I'd never noticed that before!

Which only goes to show that no matter how many times you watch a series you can always spot something you'd not noticed before.

• Like 1

spacer.png

started off rough, but has grown on me to become one of the few fanservicey harem dramadies I actually enjoy. Largely because despite having 5 girls, only 2 seem to have a genuine romantic interest in the male lead. And even though she’s not one of them, Ami has become one of my favorite genki baka characters as her antics consistently crack me up 🤣

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

I've just finished rewatching Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card.  I enjoyed the series much more second time round. The series has a rather more serious tone than the original series, but as Sakura and her friends are now teenagers in their first year of middle school so they'd be expected to have a slightly more adult outlook on life.  The storyline of the series itself is rather more serious because this time Sakura is not just capturing cards or changing them from Clow Cards to Sakura Cards, she's creating new cards and this puts her and Syaoran in danger because other people are interested in the new cards for their own purposes.

So far there are only 22 episodes available, but it's been announced that the series will be continued.

A typical anime to watch, but a very good one...in my opinion.

JJBA (JoJo's Bizzare Adventure)

This is a pretty well known anime, but, I decided to catch up on the parts, as of now, I'm on part 2...
After this, I also wanna watch Slayers as I haven't watched that yet, and it being an older anime (My Fav kind of Anime), I decided I wanna take a look at it!

To those who have watched it (Slayers), Is it worth the watch? :crazy:

4 hours ago, Dimitrios said:

To those who have watched it (Slayers), Is it worth the watch? :crazy:

I think it’s worth watching the first season of the tv series at least, you can make up your mind whether to watch beyond afterwards. I’ve watched the first 3 of the 5 seasons & my biggest complaint is the humor & filler episodes got pretty repetitive the longer it went on. The larger storylines could get fairly dark though. Part of my anime bucketlist is to rewatch the first 3 seasons (subtitled this time) & finish up seasons 4&5. 
The movie & OVAs are all (with the exception of the last one) prequels of the tv series & aren’t necessary to watch unless you really like the humor, since that’s the focus. There’s a bit of a running joke that Lina’s rival/traveling companion (Naga) is related to one of the characters from the tv series. I don’t believe it’s ever officially confirmed, but an arc in one of the final seasons makes it all but certain I’ve heard.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Having spent the last couple of weeks watching 93 episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura I felt that it was time to watch something with rather less 'cute' in it, cute is good, but too much of it can be dangerous 🙂.

So I've started watching Charlotte. From the various reviews and comments I'd seen about this series I wasn't sure what to expect and a story about the activities of a Student Council of a special school whose sole purpose is to protect people with psi powers from being used as laboratory specimens by the scientific community is certainly unusual. 

I found the story to be a bit slow to start, but after the second episode it picked up the pace and got into the story.  The storyline has a good mix of humour and serious drama and it'll be interesting to see how it progresses.

(As an aside, I think this is the first series I've watched where a female character gets a serious nosebleed!)

I've now finished watching Charlotte. As I said earlier when I started watching it I wasn't sure what I was going to get, and what I got was a much more serious story than I expected.  The solution to problem of protecting ability users was quite logical, but I do wonder if one person no matter how capable they were, could really have done it all single-handed.  But overall I enjoyed watching the series and really liked the way it ended.

Still watching the original Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic series. I'm currently on season 1 right now, still, but I'm more or less watching 1 or 2 episodes a night, so it's not a mad dash or anything, just a marathon of sorts. Daily marathon. lol I love Yami Bakura. There's always been something about him that was a bit of an underdog, even though he was absolutely evil. Turns out it wasn't his fault though. The backstory is more complex and interesting than I originally thought, but essentially a spirit bound to revenge, also possessed by the most evil of monsters. I think his name was Zorc, but I'd have to get to the end to be sure. I can't remember the end. Anywho, been watching Yugioh on the daily. ^^

I've started watching My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex, it's a Slice of Life series with a slightly unusual storyline about a girl and a boy who lived with one parent each, and who were boyfriend and girlfriend until they broke up, and now find themselves step-siblings due to the fact that their parents getting married.
What I'm liking about this series so far is the relationships and interactions between the various characters. I much prefer the verbal sparing and the devious schemes they come up with to stories with  lots of action and battles.

... but perhaps that's because I'm getting older...
                                                                                        ... but then again, who knows...?  🙂

I've finished watching My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex I quite enjoyed watching it and found the interactions and relationships between the main characters quite humorous. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, the story didn't really end, it just stopped.

I've seem various rumours of a second season, apparently there's enough materiel in the source for a second season, but when and if it gets produced is another question.   

Trying to continue through my back log with the second season of Saiki K and Sailor Moon. The pacing of Saiki with subs can be hectic, but I'm still enjoying the gag-a-day style humor the show has to offer.

I'm currently watching Itakiss and not really sure what to make of it, but it's quite good fun to watch. Curiously, while it was released in 2008 the artwork and character designs for the supporting characters make it look more like a series from the early 1990s.

I've finished Itakiss. Overall it's a good series although I found the storyline a bit disjointed and repetitive in places. In its favour it's one of the very few series to follow the characters beyond high school and into the workplace which is something I'd like to see more series do.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've finished Itakiss. Overall it's a good series although I found the storyline a bit disjointed and repetitive in places. In its favour it's one of the very few series to follow the characters beyond high school and into the workplace which is something I'd like to see more series do.

Yes, very few do that.  That's one of the reasons that I liked Clannad: After Story as well, and one of the reasons that I don't really care for the romance genre in general.  Anyone who's been in a relationship knows that what happens before the couple gets married is the easy part, yet most of the time the story ends just as things start to get good.  :)

I also like the kinds of stories that put together two unlikely and imperfect personalities, who then turn out to be very good for each other after all.  Again, C:AS and Itazura na Kissu fit the bill.

That said, Naoki is an asshole.  Only Kotoko would put up with his shit.  :D

• Agree 1