What anime are you watching now?

Optic

On 2/2/2019 at 12:54 AM, ArchieKun said:

Danmachi

That was ok.  My inner tween liked it.  :)  Certain episodes were good, but overall probably not one I'll watch again.  

I actually liked the second season better, which doesn't happen that often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

That was ok.  My inner tween liked it.  :)  Certain episodes were good, but overall probably not one I'll watch again.  

I actually liked the second season better, which doesn't happen that often.

Well thats good to hear guess I have something to look forward to then. If its better then I am pumped for it.

On 2/6/2019 at 3:52 AM, ArchieKun said:

I just recently finished Danmachi, and loved it. I am going to be starting DanMachi_Gaiden_-_Sword_Oratoria very soon.

There is a cute little quiz over on Crunchyroll that let's you find out who your Valentine from the series is if you want to give it a try

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2019/02/07/quiz-who-will-be-your-danmachi-valentine?utm_source=editorial_cr&utm_medium=carousel&utm_campaign=news&referrer=editorial_cr_carousel_news

I got Eina .

_ced20a70-240c-11e9-be41-d788a6ab00e5.jp

An elf meganeko ,,, yeah I can live with that 😍

Edited by Ohiotaku

[mal type=anime id=240]

After going through three of the five parts of Lupin III, I'm watching Genshiken - after watching the first episode years ago but never continuing it (no idea why though) finally picked it up again and I enjoy it o far.

Edited by leinwandname
  • Like 1

Himouto.   Cute slice-of-life.  For the first 3 episodes or so anyway.  After that... nothing really happens.  No character or plot development to speak of.  Could easily have stopped at 3 or 4 episodes and nobody would really be missing anything.  Or maybe one of those short-form, 10 miniute/episode animes.

[mal type=anime id=28825]

Finally done with Genshiken/Genshike 2 and now, onwards! to Genshiken Nidaime! Genshiken really surprised me - all the characters were different, everyone had their place and time to shine, the interactions felt natural and the comedy was good. Not a 'Bursting out loud every three minuts' kind of comedy like Konosuba or Grand Blue but still entertaining. Overall, Genshiken was an immensely entertaining anime - maybe the most entertaining I've seen this short year so far.

Let's see about Nidaime - after the OVA and the first ep, the characters seem interesting enough and the comdey is still there. And I finally get most of the Anime references! (Granted, so far it's only been Monogatari and, surprisingly, Aku no Hana - funnily enough, Nidaime was released the same year as the Aku no Hana anime adaptation) I wonder if the will continue their fictional franchise Kujiun....

On 2/10/2019 at 12:56 AM, efaardvark said:

Himouto.   Cute slice-of-life.  For the first 3 episodes or so anyway.  After that... nothing really happens.  No character or plot development to speak of.  Could easily have stopped at 3 or 4 episodes and nobody would really be missing anything.  Or maybe one of those short-form, 10 miniute/episode animes.

They actually made a second season. My motivation for sticking around was pretty much Ebina

tumblr_oximpshQa81tm1dgio2_500.gif

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

They actually made a second season. My motivation for sticking around was pretty much Ebina

I actually kept waiting for them to do something with Ebina.  Umaru just kept being a brat, and her brother just kept letting her get away with it.  Ebina's was the only character that seemed to have potential.  Unfortunately that was never developed either.  If there's a second season maybe I'll try that.  It wasn't a bad anime.  It just didn't seem to want to go anywhere.

6 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I actually kept waiting for them to do something with Ebina.  Umaru just kept being a brat, and her brother just kept letting her get away with it.  Ebina's was the only character that seemed to have potential.  Unfortunately that was never developed either.  If there's a second season maybe I'll try that.  It wasn't a bad anime.  It just didn't seem to want to go anywhere.

Apparently Ebina was popular enough to get her own spin-off manga, though it only lasted two volumes. Don't know anything about it personally. https://myanimelist.net/manga/95652/Akita_Imokko_Ebina-chan

From what I recall, the second season focused more on Umara's  developing friendship with the other girls & she spent less time in hamster mode. But at the end of the day not what I would call a great deal of character development. So entertaining but not really special.

Edited by Ohiotaku

On 2/6/2019 at 3:52 AM, ArchieKun said:

I just recently finished Danmachi, and loved it. I am going to be starting DanMachi_Gaiden_-_Sword_Oratoria very soon.

Season 2 coming this summer

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2019-02-15/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-anime-2nd-season-premieres-this-summer/.143517

Halfway through the season update

FAVORITES
My Roommate is a Cat
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

GOOD
The Rising of the Shield Hero

Space Battleship Yamato 2202
Mob Psycho 100 season 2
Gegege no Kitaro
Hinomaru
Sumo

OK
Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka
Endro
Domestic Girlfriend

The Quintessential Qunituplets
Girly Airforce
Meiji Tokyo Renka

DISAPPOINTING
The Promised Neverland
The Price of Smiles
The Magnificent Kotobuki
Mysteria Friends

DROPPED
Grimms Notes
Wataten (An Angel Flew Down to Me)
Pastel Memories
Rinshi!! Ekodachan
Rainy Cocoa Side G
How Clumsy You Are Miss Ueno

Planning to binge once season is over
Dororo
Boogiepop & Others
Kakegurui xx

Edited by Ohiotaku

I'm pretty picky with shows that I'll watch, sometimes dropping them halfway through for lack of interest of because I don't like the way the series is going... That being said I'm having a hard time finding new anime that I like, besides rewatching old classics.

For now I am only watching Rising of the Shield hero while I wait for season 2 of My hero academia and season 4 of Haikyu! 

Just tried to watch K-On! Again, couldn't get into it.

Also watched ep 1 of Sword art online & realized why I've been avoiding it for the past 5 years. 👎🏻

10 hours ago, Seshi said:

For now I am only watching Rising of the Shield hero while I wait for season 2 of My hero academia and season 4 of Haikyu! 

I thoroughly enjoyed MHA seasons 1 & 2, but thought season 3 was inconsistent. Eagerly awaiting season 4 this fall.

10 hours ago, Seshi said:

Also watched ep 1 of Sword art online & realized why I've been avoiding it for the past 5 years. 👎🏻

Never really understood the appeal of that franchise myself. Finally dropped it altogether during Alicization

• Friendly 1

23 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

I'm now watching Goblin Slayer (Dub version) after I  just finished Flying Witch (Dub version).

Hey that's cool that you're watching dub right now, I'm trying to find more good dubs to watch rn and it is challenging with my limited taste 🤣

What did you like about Flying witch if you don't mind me asking? I thought about checking it out yesterday, but haven't made the decision yet.

5 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@Seshi I'm not sure how to describe it really, I guess it's just simple, ordinary, heartfelt and good. It's not like anything you see know a days with anime's. 

Perfect, sounds good to me. Thank you for the input.

I'm a sucker for a straightforward world, wouldn't it be nice if real life was that easy.

12 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@Seshi I'm not sure how to describe it really, I guess it's just simple, ordinary, heartfelt and good. It's not like anything you see know a days with anime's. 

It just makes you smile a lot and chuckle occasionally. And when the episode is over you feel relaxed. Haven’t heard the dub though.

• Like 1