What anime are you watching now?

Optic

@efaardvark that one was too weird for my tastes, though a lot of the short series are pretty out there.

Segue to me watching the first ep of Isekai Quartet last night. Having not seen Tanya the Evil or Re:Zero didn’t keep me from enjoying it. The Konosuba characters are indistinguishable from their non-chibi versions. As far as Overlord’s cast, the departure from the usually dark tone promises to be entertaining. Pretty sure this one’s gonna be a keeper 😁

They need to subtitle the dialogue in the OP & ED though

On 4/8/2019 at 1:36 AM, Sofi said:

Currently Boruto and Dragon Ball Super more than anything.

I stalled on dragon ball super right before the tournament .. and still haven’t even made it all the way back through Naruto, or Shippuden to begin Boruto 😩

On 4/10/2019 at 1:32 PM, Phantom G said:

I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 since I still haven't got around to finishing it. 

I love that season, that is one of the best in my opinion *_*

13 hours ago, Seshi said:

I stalled on dragon ball super right before the tournament .. and still haven’t even made it all the way back through Naruto, or Shippuden to begin Boruto 😩

I honestly have not finished Naruto Shippuden because I got a bit bored with it but decided to watch Boruto anyways, and I'm addicted to Boruto now lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Getting an Infinite Stratos sense of deja vu watching this one...

Seiken Tsukai no World Break (Winter 2015)

1. R-17+
  2. 12 episodes
  3. 24 minutes
  4. TV

Details

1. Rating
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    7.1/89K
  2. Source
    Light novel
  3. First Episode
    Jan 12, 2015
  4. Last Episode
    Mar 30, 2015
  5. Status
    Finished Airing
  6. Broadcast
    Mondays at 01:05
  7. Studio
      • Diomedea
  8. Genres

Cast

1. Moroha Haimura
  2. Shizuno Urushibara
  3. Satsuki Ranjou

Crew

• Director
    • Sound Director
    • Theme Song Performance
    • Theme Song Performance

Seiken Tsukai no World Break takes place at Akane Private Academy where students who possess memories of their previous lives are being trained to use Ancestral Arts so that they can serve as defenders against monsters, called Metaphysicals, who randomly attack. Known as saviors, the students are broken up into two categories: the kurogane who are able to use their prana to summon offensive weapons and the kuroma who are able to use magic.

The story begins six months prior to the major climax of the series during the opening ceremonies on the first day of the school year. After the ceremony is over, the main character, Moroha Haimura, meets a girl named Satsuki Ranjou who reveals that she was Moroha's little sister in a past life where Moroha was a heroic prince capable of slaying entire armies with his sword skills. Soon afterwards he meets another girl, Shizuno Urushibara, who eventually reveals that she also knew Moroha in an entirely different past life where he was a dark lord capable of using destructive magic but saved her from a life of slavery. Can those whose minds live in both the present and the past truly reach a bright future? Delve into the complex world of Seiken Tsukai no World Break to find out! written by myanimelist.net
  1. 3266
  2. #559 popularity
  3. 174K members
  4. 717 favorites
Updated 8 hours ago
  • All Names
  • English World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman
  • Original 聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱〈ワールドブレイク〉
  • Other Names Seiken Tsukai no Kinshuu Eishou, Warubure

This sounds awesome (yay a series I can binge)! Bringing back memories from when I used to read Ceres: Celestial legend. I’d love to start watching this series, if it’s on Crunchyroll I’ll get to soon.

In the last couple of months or so, I've stayed current on One Piece and Black Clover, started and finished Recovery of an MMO Junkie, Hinomaru Sumo, Reincarnated as a Slime, Zombie Land Saga, Girlish Number, season One of Saki(a partial re-watch), Wataten, and Demi-chan wa Kataritai. I've started season 2 of Saki, Captain Tsubasa, Fruits Basket remake, season 2 of BanG Dream, Diamond no Ace II, and Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine. I've started re-watching Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Eyeshield 21, Hyakko, Princess Nine, finished Monster Musume, and tried starting a rewatch of Yuru Yuri. I've got a lot of shows added to my cruchyroll queue, but haven't started working through them. I have Skip Beat added for a third go through, want to restart and finish Third: Girl with the blue eye and a few others.

Being unemployed and in awful health has given me too much time.

• Like 1

Currently I'm watching Chocolate Underground and I'm honestly not too sure on it. 😩 Yesterday I watched 47 Todoufuken/47 Prefecture Dogs which is very cute and funny.

• Like 1

I'm on a mission 😎 to find some real science fiction anime.  Currently watching Classroom Crisis, but that's not really doing it for me.  Close, but the tech is fantasy and it'd need to be more about the engineering to qualify otherwise.  Robotics; Notes would work, but I've seen that.  Likewise Rocket Girls.  Looking for another Ghost in the Shell, or Planetes.  (Like that's going to happen.)  I'd settle for a Space Brothers.  I'd re-watch Moonlight Mile to refresh my memory if I could find someplace streaming it.  (Unfortunately I've yet to add that one to my DVD collection.)

At the moment I'm rewatching Lost Song. One of my sisters and I are introducing it to my (slightly) older sister. She just got to a big plot twist and is super into it now.

I've also watched some Kanon and Cinderella Nine, and rewatched both some My Hero Academia (season one) and Naruto: The Last today.

tumblr_p6iujgueao1tx8o4yo1_540.gif

Pastel Memories

I know I've forgotten many a good anime over the years, only to rediscover it and think, "how could I have forgotten THAT?".  Each episode is basically a spoof of some other anime so it seemed like it had potential for a fun revisit of some interesting anime as well as a thoughtful message.  Unfortunately it falls far short on both counts.  

Also Crunchy is inexplicably missing episode 2.  Something to do with licensing no doubt.  I watched it elsewhere.  I needn't have bothered.

Probably a drop.

2 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@Seshi Would you recommend Fruits Basket?

I really enjoy the series, I used to read the manga when I was younger. The characters are are all very different and intriguing. There’s some cuteness, some seriousness, and a little tiny bit of action thrown in there. 

• Like 1

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan. It's dubbed on Funimation, so it's been nice to watch while I'm sick and laying in bed. I usually prefer subtitles, but I've been too tired to keep up with reading them, so the dub is helpful! 

01a.gif

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan @Vivi Hyuuga I hope you feel better soon.Here’s some tea 🍵 

I just put on an episode of Pokémon: Sun and Moon. Haven’t watched Pokémon since the original series when I was a kid. I might go on to watch the rest of the series. We will see. I didn’t like how the Pokémon were so OP right off in the first battle against little weaklings.. like, not necessary. Hopefully that is improved upon. I really enjoyed the development and struggle Ash went through as a young Pokémon trainer. I want to see more of that, so if not, I’ll probably pass.

• Like 1