What anime are you watching now?

Optic

1 hour ago, SanguineTear said:

then watched a bit more of Stein's;Gate together too~ 

Just watched the movie last night and enjoyed it. Thinking that maybe I just should've skipped 0 and watched it instead

I just finished the first season of Durarara and loved it. If anyone has watched the second season, is it any good? Should I continue it?

As for currently airing shows I'm watching OPM and AoT, the remake of Fruits Basket, and have just started watching Shield Hero (i gotta catch up on it). I started Demon Slayer, but wasn't very fond of the revenge part. Any manga readers, does the theme of the show evolve into something more or should I just stop watching?

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

6 hours ago, Kit Kat K said:

I just finished the first season of Durarara and loved it. If anyone has watched the second season, is it any good? Should I continue it? 

I really enjoyed season 1 as well, but lost interest in season 2 after 3 or 4 episodes. I still intend to revisit again someday in case it just wasn't what I was in the mood for at the time. Something similar (but much shorter) is Hakata Tonkatsu Ramens. Like Durarara it has a large of cast of very eccentric characters who lives are all connected, but a word of warning it is VERY VIOLENT with dark humor (probably more like Baccano), so that might be a deal breaker.

I'm also watching the same currently airing series as you. As far as Demon Slayer goes, I think I'm committed through the end of the cour (episode 12 or 13), but not convinced yet whether I'm in for the long term, as most shonen series go on & on.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:38 PM, Seshi said:

Sounds like a plan @Vivi Hyuuga I hope you feel better soon.Here’s some tea 🍵 

I just put on an episode of Pokémon: Sun and Moon. Haven’t watched Pokémon since the original series when I was a kid. I might go on to watch the rest of the series. We will see. I didn’t like how the Pokémon were so OP right off in the first battle against little weaklings.. like, not necessary. Hopefully that is improved upon. I really enjoyed the development and struggle Ash went through as a young Pokémon trainer. I want to see more of that, so if not, I’ll probably pass.

I couldn't get into Sun & Moon at all. Didn't seem to have any of the charm of the original series plus I don't like the new art style. I did enjoy XY though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kit Kat K said:

As for currently airing shows I'm watching OPM and AoT, the remake of Fruits Basket, and have just started watching Shield Hero (i gotta catch up on it). I started Demon Slayer, but wasn't very fond of the revenge part. Any manga readers, does the theme of the show evolve into something more or should I just stop watching?

I’m glad you decided to catch up on Shield hero 😍

I can’t speak for the future of Demon Slayer- but currently it seems to have so much more going for it than just revenge (if you’re referencing Jintas family massacre that is)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I can’t speak for the future of Demon Slayer- but currently it seems to have so much more going for it than just revenge (if you’re referencing Jintas family massacre that is)

Good to know. the production value was amazing and I'd heard of it before from the manga community, so I was hoping for something good story-wise. It is still a bit to early to judge, so I won't drop it.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:38 AM, Lelouch said:

Currently watching the Final season of fairy tail  really good 

Fairy tail is my friend's favorite series, but i haven't gotten around to watching it. Would you recommend it? The original I mean.

8 minutes ago, Kit Kat K said:

Good to know. the production value was amazing and I'd heard of it before from the manga community, so I was hoping for something good story-wise. It is still a bit to early to judge, so I won't drop it.

Fairy tail is my friend's favorite series, but i haven't gotten around to watching it. Would you recommend it? The original I mean.

Yes definitely atleast so your caught up with the story 

• Like 1

@Lelouch I'll try watching it when I find the time. I see it compared to Black Clover sometimes and I really enjoyed that even when it was getting a lot of hate. If you've seen BC, would you say its similar?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kit Kat K said:

@Lelouch I'll try watching it when I find the time. I see it compared to Black Clover sometimes and I really enjoyed that even when it was getting a lot of hate. If you've seen BC, would you say its similar?

Yea speaking of black cover any good? 

Just now, Lelouch said:

Yea speaking of black cover any good? 

I binged it to about ep 60 something before dropping it, not cause I didn't like it, mostly cause I didn't have the time. Asta's screaming isn't that bad after a while and the characters are genuinely good (people were saying that there are a lot of similarities with Fairy Tail in this regard, BC has squads while Fairy tail has guilds I believe).  All the OPs are fantastic and the story has potential. I read ahead in the manga and around this time the anime should really be picking up. As for the bad parts, the animation is atrocious most of the time, and fights are suuuper drawn out. If you're into battle shounens that are just constant waves of enemies with a sprinkle of fun characters, you'll probably enjoy it.

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Kit Kat K said:

I binged it to about ep 60 something before dropping it, not cause I didn't like it, mostly cause I didn't have the time. Asta's screaming isn't that bad after a while and the characters are genuinely good (people were saying that there are a lot of similarities with Fairy Tail in this regard, BC has squads while Fairy tail has guilds I believe).  All the OPs are fantastic and the story has potential. I read ahead in the manga and around this time the anime should really be picking up. As for the bad parts, the animation is atrocious most of the time, and fights are suuuper drawn out. If you're into battle shounens that are just constant waves of enemies with a sprinkle of fun characters, you'll probably enjoy it.

I'll check it out and  see what's the buzz about  😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Yea I’m not that bad, unless it’s halo.. then I’m instantly dead../ end thread derailment...

I just finished ep 5 of Demon Slayer 😍<span>

Was it good? Haven't watched it yet.

I'll watch it tomorrow for sure. It's like 12 am where I am. I should probably go to sleep. I'm curious, what time is it for you guys?

On second thought I'm sleeping. Goodnight or day or afternoon whatever it is where you are.

• Funny 1

Gn- it’s 6:00pm for me 💕

Im going to give Fairy Tail another go right now.

edit: nope, still too silly.

Now starting Magi: Adventure of Sinbad. Good first couple episodes 

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kit Kat K said:

How have you been liking it so far?

I'm Loving It right now, I've seen 12 episodes and I'm really Into It. so far 9/10

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Humbby said:

I'm Loving It right now, I've seen 12 episodes and I'm really Into It. so far 9/10

The second cour is even better from what I remember. With such a short waiting time between seasons it's a great show to be watching.

• Like 1