What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I think the implication is there were 2 special episodes, but CR only got the rights to one of them.

Edited by Ohiotaku

18 minutes ago, Seshi said:

@Ohiotaku how far did you get in Sarazanmai?

I actually finished it. Funny thing is my biggest complaint isn’t with the weird/disgusting/controversial aspects but how repetitive a lot of it was. It tends to suck you in though as each ep ends on a reveal about one of the characters that makes you curious to see how they elaborate on it. While the ending didn’t make the emotional impact on me that I had hoped, I’m still glad I saw it through.

I totally understand a lot of people dropping it because I have some issues with it myself, but if you want something different from the norm and are patient & not too easily grossed out I think it’s a worthwhile experience. As a matter of comparison I would hold it up to PenguinDrum or Flip Flappers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I actually finished it. Funny thing is my biggest complaint isn’t with the weird/disgusting/controversial aspects but how repetitive a lot of it was. It tends to suck you in though as each ep ends on a reveal about one of the characters that makes you curious to see how they elaborate on it. While the ending didn’t make the emotional impact on me that I had hoped, I’m still glad I saw it through.

I totally understand a lot of people dropping it because I have some issues with it myself, but if you want something different from the norm and are patient & not too easily grossed out I think it’s a worthwhile experience. As a matter of comparison I would hold it up to PenguinDrum or Flip Flappers.

I read the synopsis and character details and it seemed interesting enough. Not sure what weird or disturbing things you mentioned are in it, but as long as it’s not hentai I think I’ll be alright 

17 minutes ago, Seshi said:

but as long as it’s not hentai I think I’ll be alright 

Not actually hentai but some of the imagery/symbolism is ... suggestive

I'm rewatching Dragon Ball and gradually watching through Jojo for the first time. Jojo is without a doubt one of the stupidest things I have ever watched and I have loved every second of it so far.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, OraOraOuroboros said:

Currently watching Slam Dunk. It's been a fun ride so far. Only been one game so far, but it was intense.

I’m watching Slam Dunk as well! Are you watching the sub or dub? 

Aren't those little intermissions at half time funny 🤣

2 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I’m watching Slam Dunk as well! Are you watching the sub or dub? 

Aren't those little intermissions at half time funny 🤣

Watching the sub since the dub didn't get very far. Yeah they are kinda funny.

• Like 1

Just now, OraOraOuroboros said:

Watching the sub since the dub didn't get very far. Yeah they are kinda funny.

I didn’t know if they dub was stopped or if Crunchyroll just didn’t fully upload it 🤣 yes that dub was pretty bad. It turned the whole series into a comedy

Just started watching a new series with my hubby, since we both don’t have Shield hero to occupy our Wednesday’s anymore. 

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan. It’s on Netflix, it’s in dub. And it’s pretty good so far.

Decided to rewatch The Devil Is A Part-Timer with my fiance since he has never seen it. I haven't seen it in a few years and I figured he might like it.

Also got him started on the new Fruits Basket series. Might have to steer him to the old one as well now.

• Like 1

Carryovers from previous season: Fruits Basket (2019); Kimetsu no Yaiba; Gegege no Kitaro.

Still making up my mind about new series but currently most likely: To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts; Isekai Cheat Magician; Fire Force; Cop Craft

And for something silly and a bit ecchi Dumbbell nan kilo moteru? (though the workout tutorials sound at least a bit legit)

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Funny 1

9 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

And for something silly and a bit ecchi Dumbbell nan kilo moteru? (though the workout tutorials sound at least a bit legit)

Now I have to check out Dumbbell nan kilo moteru 🤣 the workouts seem legit? Maybe I’ll get my lazy butt off the couch 

10 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Decided to rewatch The Devil Is A Part-Timer with my fiance since he has never seen it. I haven't seen it in a few years and I figured he might like it.

Also got him started on the new Fruits Basket series. Might have to steer him to the old one as well now.

We have watched the devil is a part timer together as well since seeing it at a convention sparked his interest. I didn’t know if I should introduce him to fruits basket, but I might give that a try too.

12 hours ago, Seshi said:

Now I have to check out Dumbbell nan kilo moteru 🤣 the workouts seem legit? Maybe I’ll get my lazy butt off the couch 

We have watched the devil is a part timer together as well since seeing it at a convention sparked his interest. I didn’t know if I should introduce him to fruits basket, but I might give that a try too.

If he likes any sort of comedy he might. I honestly thought my fiance would be bored of Fruits Basket because he's more into fighting anime like Naruto or DBZ. He just happened to see me watching an episode and liked it. So that's how he got into the series.

• Like 1

Just watched Studio Ghibli's Okko's Inn. A very sad yet heartwarming anime film about a young girl who is orphaned after her parents were killed in a freak accident. She ends up helping out at her grandmother's inn and befriending a few spirits. A real tear jerker it was but easily added to my favorite Studio Ghibli films.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Banri said:

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift, watching it has made me more aware / thinking about my fitness :)

Is there one for being aware that you eat too much cake? Cuz I need that one too 

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Is there one for being aware that you eat too much cake? Cuz I need that one too 

I don't recall one about cake specifically, but How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift does talk about calorie food intake

• Useful 1