What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I just finished watching the latest ep of Kimetsu no Yaiba. Along with Fruits Basket, they keep getting better and better, even overshadowing the newer series.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 hour ago, OraOraOuroboros said:

Finishing up Slam Dunk. Also watching Date a Live and keeping up with Dr Stone.

Wow you finished Slam Dunk fast! I’m so slow lol I’ve been watching the same match for a month 🤣

My dudefriend and I have been trying to catch up on JoJo's Bizzare adventure. We got through the Netflix 2 seasons, and we started on season three, but he's not a fan of subs (I am...but...uh, I'm the sorta "otaku."

I'd never seen Outlaw Star, so we also have been watching that together (but haven't seen an episode in a while..hmm...need to get back on that.)

And I've also picked up Saiyuki Reload again...but I've yet to see where they're going to get back to the story o_O I'm like 18 episodes in, and I'd have thought Hazel would have been in the manga by now...so....

• Like 1

Currently making my way through Angel Beats.  Just finished episode 6.  And honestly...I'm struggling with the show...

I'm surprised to find I'm struggling to get into the world.  I don't understand as this is a highly rated show, but I feel very meh about it.  

Im really hoping my view changes with the next 6 episodes.  I only have 4 more episodes of Steins Gate left and I've loved that series from start to finish, Angel Beats just isn't on par...so far...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm currently watching the second season of Saekano, and the first one of Symphogear. I've been a slow watcher recently, but I'm enjoying both shows 🙂

1 hour ago, Fireduck said:

And honestly...I'm struggling with the show... 

That's understandable. It tries to cram a lot in its 13 episodes, which makes it hard to really get in to. My favourite parts of it ended up being the music and the more comedic parts. The music especially was fantastic.

Tonight I've just started re-watching ShiroBako, it's an anime which gives a deep insight into the whole anime production process, it's quite a knowledge packed anime if anyone's interested in understanding the process of how an anime is made.

Edited by Kazuto Kirigaya
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

4 hours ago, dirudiru said:

I'm currently watching the second season of Saekano, and the first one of Symphogear. I've been a slow watcher recently, but I'm enjoying both shows 🙂

That's understandable. It tries to cram a lot in its 13 episodes, which makes it hard to really get in to. My favourite parts of it ended up being the music and the more comedic parts. The music especially was fantastic.

Oh the music is fantastic for sure!  I love the intro theme especially!

I'd say my problems are it's moving really fast and I still have so many questions on how the world works.  6 episodes in and I'm still a little confused.  And since I don't have a grasp on some aspects it's hard for me to figure what I'm watching.

btw, how do you create spoiler tags here? I'd go in depth with some things but I don't know how to make those and I don't want to spoil the series for anybody.

There may be a simpler way but type spoiler surrounded by square brackets [ ] at the start of the text you want to hide. And then type /spoiler surrounded by square brackets [ ] at the end.

Sorry if this explanation is confusing, but it kept treating it as a spoiler when I typed it :P

For what it’s worth I wasn’t able to get into Angel Beats and dropped it when I tried watching it several years ago. I may give it another chance someday.

Edited by Ohiotaku

17 hours ago, Fireduck said:

btw, how do you create spoiler tags here? I'd go in depth with some things but I don't know how to make those and I don't want to spoil the series for anybody.

It depends on what you mean.

If you mean putting text in a spoiler, then you just write the text, mark it and then press the eye button at the far right above the field where you enter the text (or do it manually like Ohiotaku said). Then you can get something like this

Spoiler

this text is in a spoiler box

If you mean creating a new thread, then you either just type that there will be spoilers in the title of the thread, or you add a tags with one of them being spoilers.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

I watched the first episode of Ms. Caretaker Sunohara-sou.  Based on the description, I expected it to be like if Lucoa & Shota from Dragon Maid had there own series :P Despite being kind of ecchi, I actually thought it was pretty boring. Will probably give it a couple episodes to decide.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

There may be a simpler way but type spoiler surrounded by square brackets [ ] at the start of the text you want to hide. And then type /spoiler surrounded by square brackets [ ] at the end.

Sorry if this explanation is confusing, but it kept treating it as a spoiler when I typed it :P

For what it’s worth I wasn’t able to get into Angel Beats and dropped it when I tried watching it several years ago. I may give it another chance someday.

5 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

It depends on what you mean.

If you mean putting text in a spoiler, then you just write the text, mark it and then press the eye button at the far right above the field where you enter the text (or do it manually like Ohiotaku said). Then you can get something like this

Reveal hidden contents

this text is in a spoiler box

If you mean creating a new thread, then you either just type that there will be spoilers in the title of the thread, or you add a tags with one of them being spoilers.

Oh so it's like statue forum!  That's not confusing at all as I'm a regular there and have used that same spoiler system since I started there in 2009.

I don't know why I thought it would be different here.

But good to know there's also a simpler way.  Thanks guys!

Ohiotaku & Illusion of Terra are stupendous!!!

Edited by Fireduck
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We've slowly been working our way through Sailor Moon! We're currently on Sailor Moon R, with only a few episodes left in that season. We also very rarely watch Ghost in The Shell S.A.C. and recently we will occasionally watch Baki (it's really not great).

23 hours ago, Kohloo said:

We've slowly been working our way through Sailor Moon! We're currently on Sailor Moon R, with only a few episodes left in that season. We also very rarely watch Ghost in The Shell S.A.C. and recently we will occasionally watch Baki (it's really not great).

Feeling the same about Baki.. Didn't dig the plot anyway. I haven't watched Sailor Moon since the OG. Re-watching Haikyu! To get ready for the new season coming in a month. It's surprising how easy it is to forget the details of a show you loved so much. Watching it a second time might be even better than the first, which is surprising.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:41 PM, Seshi said:

Feeling the same about Baki.. Didn't dig the plot anyway. I haven't watched Sailor Moon since the OG. Re-watching Haikyu! To get ready for the new season coming in a month. It's surprising how easy it is to forget the details of a show you loved so much. Watching it a second time might be even better than the first, which is surprising.

To be totally honest, the only time we enjoy Baki to some extend is if we’ve had a puff (weed). But seeing as how that happens less than even once a week, you can bet we’re not getting through it very fast haha. 

Oh man, Sailor Moon is so fun to rewatch. We both get super hyped during the episodes and generally just have a lot of fun while watching. I can’t control myself though whenever Mercury does her Bubble Spray and I will shout, “Bubble Butt!!!” instead. 

• Funny 1

Watched the first 3 episodes of Cannon Busters on Netflix.  I believe the series creator is American, but everything else is Japanese & MAL apparently classifying it as anime. Picking up on influences from Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Gun x Sword & Space Dandy. Definitely an improvement over Neo Yokio 😂

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Baki is really nothing but action and fighting. And if you are most likely into slice of life, or dramas most likely you wont like it. Also its pretty much a male only anime.  It would be like me watching a female only anime, with girls acting girly, I would hate it.  At least Baki makes me feel like a man watching it. 

Edited by Serge heartless