What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Started watching the rebroadcast/edit of Re:ZERO and think I’m going to enjoy it. The interactions between Subaru & Kazuma in Isekai Quartet already seem funnier after seeing how similar they really are. Though Subaru seems like a genuinely nice guy & Kazuma ... not so much 😂 And Puck is already one of my favorite mascot characters

punking Subaru by being his lap pillow made me lol 

🤣 

Have to say the shift in tone was pretty jarring though even with the foreshadowing of the opening scene. Like on the same level as Higurashi.

Only up to the equivalent of episode 2 of season 1, but already seems like it will be a wild ride.

Edit: apparently the 1st episode was double length to begin with. Future episodes are supposed to be 2 at a time so they can finish before season 2 starts in April

Edited by Ohiotaku

Watched a number of premieres over the last couple days. 
Somali & the Forest Spirit - definitely getting a Miyazaki vibe from this series (Spirited Away in particular).  The concept & visual style really stand out, but the feelz felt a bit off target for me (similar to A Centaur’s Life). Still, with as much potential as it has, will give it 6 episodes at minimum.

Darwin’s Game - another game with life or death consequences series. I wasn’t impressed by the trailers/PVs & the first ep did nothing to change that. More than anything seems like an excuse for excessively bloody violence & some fanservice thrown in at the end. Since this was a double length episode, think I’ve seen enough to decide it’s not for me.

Asteroid in Love - cute girls learning about astronomy (and apparently geology later on). The brightness of art style really emphasizes the cuteness of the chatacters & the beauty of the constellations. Wasn’t expecting a twist to be thrown in this early in the series and apparently all the central characters have been introduced right off the bat so not exactly following the usual CGDCT formula. Not expecting a great deal of depth, but at least some educational value. Probably a keeper.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Watched the first 2 episodes ID: Invaded. A futuristic police/mystery series with virtual environments figuring prominently in the investigations (haven’t seen any of Psycho Pass so not sure how they compare). Have barely scratched the surface of the characters personalities and backstories, but I see some interesting potential. I was particularly impressed by rookie girl

not being intimidated by the serial killer & risking her life to help apprehend him. Hopefully she survives her injuries and plays more if a role later

Also interesting is the possibility of a central figure “creating” serial killers. The amount of technical jargon as a bit offputting though. Thinking this one may be more suited to binging than watching weekly.

10 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Just caught up with Black Clover. It actually gets really decent from episode 100 onwards 😂 

I'll just take your word for it.  I barely made it to double-digits.  I'm *not* going to wade through 80+ more episodes of that to get to the "decent" ones!  🙉

• Silly 1

Who knows if these count or not, but they've been what we've watched lately

• Carole & Tuesday
  • Castlevania
  • Sailor Moon (finishing up Sailor Moon R)

And other things that aren't anime but watched with just as much love

• Final Space
  • The Dragon Prince

Watched the 1st episode of Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita (aka Science Fell in Love, so They Tried to Prove it). While I can see some people being annoyed by it’s science nerd humor, I rather enjoyed it 😁 Looks like CR dropped 3 episodes at once, have to check out the others tomorrow.

A lot more seasonals than I meant to xD

Bofuri, Toilet bound Hanako kun, Infinite Dendrogram, and MHA.

While trying to fill in the gaps with some others on my plan to watch list. Continuing Chihayafuru 2, and Psycho Pass 3, might start heya camp as well.

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

Toilet bound Hanako kun

I haven’t made up my mind about this one yet, but it certainly has a distinctive art style. And the MC showed a surprising level of maturity this early on realizing

how shallow she was being with her crushes

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

heya camp

Will continue this one with it’s short run time, but has been somewhat disappointing so far with it’s lack of beautiful outdoor visuals which was one of the original’s distinguishing features. The lack of Rin doesn’t help either 😥

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

A lot more seasonals than I meant to xD

A problem I can relate to :P I’m currently in the midst of my cull, but will probably still be following 15 - 20 when it’s over.

And just a reminder not to forget chibi Naofumi & crew 

spacer.png

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Funny 1

Continuing to enjoy Re:Zero. Finally got to see the non-chibi versions and of Rem, Ram, Betty  & Roswaal. The series combines the snarkiness of Konosuba with the gruesome death scenes & do over till you get it right aspect of Higurashi.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 weeks later...