What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Erementar Gerad and Revolutionary Girl Utena (it's becoming increasingly difficult to resist the urge to say "the absolute destiny apocalypse" to people I meet in real life completely out of context)

• Funny 1

44 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Just added Science-Types to my to-watch list.  I think it got me with the wagging ponytail thing. :) 

Glad you found something. Hope its interesting!

I'm still watching a lot of currently airing, but have also been watching Overlord! Overlord 2 is next. I love this anime, and I was so skeptical to even start it lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Glad you found something. Hope its interesting!

I'm still watching a lot of currently airing, but have also been watching Overlord! Overlord 2 is next. I love this anime, and I was so skeptical to even start it lol

I’m only 2 episodes in on science types.  I don’t know how it’ll turn out, but the visuals are fun so far.

I had kind of had the same reaction to Overlord.  I didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IIVIsouljam said:

I have a friend that's in love with this show and I've been thinking about checking it out myself. When you can, let us know what you think! I'm very curious. 😊👍

Sure, though it might be a while.  I usually watch only a couple episodes early on in the season.  If I like it then I put it on a list of shows to binge-watch at the end of the season.  I like what I've seen so far, but I probably won't watch any more until then.

14 hours ago, IIVIsouljam said:

I have a friend that's in love with this show and I've been thinking about checking it out myself. When you can, let us know what you think! I'm very curious. 😊👍

I’m up to the current episode (6) and it’s one of my favorites for the season. Though I think a single cour is probably an appropriate length since some of the jokes are getting a bit repetitive. I do hope we don’t get a “inconclusive” ending since it’s been obvious since the beginning that they’re meant for each other 

spacer.png

23 hours ago, Seshi said:

I’ve found it enjoyable enough & certainly interesting.  But it can be more than a little unsettling as Ains’  in game persona takes over more & more of his identity threatening to turn him into an actual monster. I understand the LNs are even more graphic in that sense.

On 2/1/2020 at 8:56 PM, Ohiotaku said:

I've found it enjoyable enough & certainly interesting.  But it can be more than a little unsettling as Ains’  in game persona takes over more & more of his identity threatening to turn him into an actual monster. I understand the LNs are even more graphic in that sense.

I too am finding it unsettling in season 2

where ains is seeking to destroy the lizard men for his army of undead.. I really like the Lizard men, so its very upsetting to think he'd do something so terrible

@Seshi It gets much worse in season 3. The longer he remains trapped in the game, the more of his “humanity” he loses. Fans point to this dark aspect as to what sets it apart from other isekai, but it can make it hard to watch at times. I’m not entirely sure I could make it through a season 4 if one gets made the way things are progressing. Not to discourage anyone, but just a heads up on the direction it takes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

@Seshi It gets much worse in season 3. The longer he remains trapped in the game, the more of his “humanity” he loses. Fans point to this dark aspect as to what sets it apart from other isekai, but it can make it hard to watch at times. I’m not entirely sure I could make it through a season 4 if one gets made the way things are progressing. Not to discourage anyone, but just a heads up on the direction it takes.

Apparently at an anime convention in Germany, anime scriptwriter Yukie Sugawara said that a season 4 is very likely to happen.

Nothing was confirmed yet, they got enough material for it however.

Next month light novel 14 is coming out too and a brief main summary can be found online.

So, there's that. :)

Edited by Tv-Crimes
typo

14 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Yes, it definitely has a dark side if you think about it.  At least through season 3 he still seems to be doing things mostly for the "right" reasons intellectually speaking, but without emotion or empathy.  By the end he certainly has no problem (for instance) killing people on a massive scale and without a second thought if they get in his way or it serves his purpose.  He even remarks on it himself with a kind of "no big deal" attitude.  

By the end I was kind of getting bored of it though.  I mean, he's so overpowered, especially with Albedo and the rest, that I started to wonder what's the point of it all?

At the moment I am watching Seven Deadly Sins, The disastrous life of Saiki K, Grenadier, and seen an episode of Dorohedoro the other night.

Watching the first 3 at my local anime soc and missed a few meets until today so I gotta fill the gaps soon. I have seen some of SDS years back but got distracted mid way into season 1 at one point but been meaning to rewatch for some time. 

Manaria Friends.. shortend-form (10x15min eps) iyashikei.  Cute, simple.  Not exciting or fancy like the others in the Shingenki no Bahamut ilk, but that's how these things are supposed to be.

Edited by efaardvark

6 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Manaria Friends.. shortend-form (10x15min eps) iyashikei.  Cute, simple.  Not exciting or fancy like the others in the Shingenki no Bahamut ilk, but that's how these things are supposed to be.

Have to admit I rather liked Grea’s character design

image.gif.bb9c55c85d760e8d09709eb91332344f.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished RE:Zero Memory Snow. An OVA taking place midway through season, it was basically an excuse for everyone to play in the snow & then have a party where Emilia & Rem get drunk 😂 Was funny & cute.

1 hour ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Anyone else here still watching Somali and the Forest Spirit? I still think it's not the goat, but I do find it enjoyable 

<raises hand>
I agree with your assessment. I don’t think it’s as great as it aspires to be, but still decent. No real surprises & not really emotionally invested in it.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 4:13 PM, spätixD said:

I´m currently watching banana fish and feel like the only person talking about the show due to me being 2 years late but meh xD. I´m only half through the show but my heart is already scattered. And I´m scared of what´s coming ;-;

I know there are some Bananafish fans here, but I dropped it due to the sad nature of the show.

Watching Cagaster of an Insect Cage, Jing: King of Bandits and i'm so late but trying to binge Carole & Tuesday. Me thinks me has a crush on Ertegun (sp?) he's so dumb I love it,