What anime are you watching now?

Optic

3 hours ago, Nyxnine said:

I've been watching Dororo To Hyakkimaru before starting the new Dororo. 

I actually haven’t seen the original series. I’ve heard they’re quite different.

Started watching season 3 of Castlevania, though I suppose it’s more anime inspired/influenced than actual anime.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I actually haven’t seen the original series. I’ve heard they’re quite different.

Started watching season 3 of Castlevania, though I suppose it’s more anime inspired/influenced than actual anime.

I'm just over halfway. There are 30 episodes and its all black and white. Its actually not bad to watch, lots off panning over scenes instead of intense animation. But, what can you expect for a low budget anime from the 70's. The story is good so far. I like an anime that can make me cry at points. 

Finishing Violet Evergarden was SO FLIPPING HARD.
That was my most recently finished anime >->; to follow this threads theme...kind of :/

37 minutes ago, Anime loveer said:

ummmm , a friend recommended me to watch this show call : quintessential quintuplets 

should i watch it ? they said it was really good 

I considered it to be a pretty typical harem  comedy myself, but it was popular enough that there’s supposed to be a second season later this year. From what I remember it isn’t really ecchi,  but not very original either. And personally didn’t like about half the characters.

I just finished the season’s final episode of Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun which I found surprisingly enjoyable. The plot revolves around a 14 year old who goes to school in the netherworld after being adopted by a demon (actually, he was sold by his deadbeat parents 😂 While the emphasis is on comedy, there actually is a bigger story that we get a hint of during the school festival arc & the fact that the throne of thee demon realm has been vacant for quite some time. It won’t appeal to everyone as it can be pretty silly & cartoonish, but for people who don’t like excessive fanservice or violence it stays in PG territory throughout. Season 2 has been scheduled for next year & I’m already looking forward to it 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anime loveer said:

ummmm , a friend recommended me to watch this show call : quintessential quintuplets 

should i watch it ? they said it was really good 

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was "really good".  It was watchable, and it does have a plot device or two that keep it from winding up in the "just another ..." category, though as ohiotaku said it is otherwise a pretty typical harem.  If that's your kind of thing then you'll probably enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

popular enough that there’s supposed to be a second season later this year

Meh... I understand there's something like a dozen volumes to the manga too.  Go figure.

• Like 1

Just started Paranoia Agent & so far, wow! It's about this creepy kid that goes around attacking people with a baseball bat & I don't know what it is exactly but it's just so damn unnerving! I've only watched the 1st episode but I can tell I'm really going to enjoy this :) 

• Like 1

I tried watching Koi to Uso today. I got three episodes in and had to change it. I felt to cringe ^^;

I'm so sad, the concept of this seems like it could go really far if the characters are deeply developed. 

Is it worth continuing? @_@ 

At the present moment I decided to settle into Yugioh GX subbed as I have never seen it till now and honestly in the subbed version it is actually quite good. Nowhere near as good as the first two series mind you, but still worth watching at least once.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Shiki is kinda slow, but probably my favorite horror series. Has some similarities to Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot

I'm just gonna put it out there that people with vivid imaginations probably shouldn't watch this show at night. And if you don't *already* have an anxiety condition...welp....

Also, it will take a few episodes to really get going but once it does, yikes! 

Edited by RuthisianCodex

On 3/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Shiki is kinda slow, but probably my favorite horror series. Has some similarities to Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot

I was going to watch this but when I finally got around to it it wasn't available on crunchy anymore,  :(