What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Think I’ll rewatch Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai to refresh my memory since Funimation will be streaming the movie this weekend only 

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/04/13/watch-rascal-does-not-dream-of-a-dreaming-girl-this-weekend-only-on-funimation/#more-32624

Recommended for anyone who enjoyed Haruhi Suzimiya.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Agree 1

Just started watching Mononoke tonight & I must say, it has the most unique art style of all the anime I've watched so far. Also, it's a horror anime that seems determined to live up to the title because I had a chill up my spine within the 1st 10mins of the 1st episode. In my experience, some horror anime take a few episodes to really get going but this one freaked me out a little right off the bat. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl (aka the Bunny Girl-senpai movie)

It’s a requirement that you’ve already completed the tv series as it’s Shoko’s arc & explains how she’s connected to Sakuta

and his scars

It’s a decent enough resolution but

felt like it stretched things too much in order to give everyone a happy ending. I realize that may make me sound like a horrible person, but actually seemed to cheapen some of the more emotional moments

Edited by Ohiotaku

I’m currently watching Kemurikusa (although I’m not 100% sure it’s an anime, can someone PLEASE tell me if it is?) and I’m rewatching Naruto Shippuden

• Like 1

@OtakuKid Since you seem to really want to know, here is my guess. I don't know the show but I would say it is an anime.

Here are the reasons why I think that.
Right off the bat, it has a Japanese sounding name. It was produced by a Japanese anime studio which primarily produced other anime as well. The art style to me seems to be much more anime than cartoon, but it has some cg effects added to it. It is on sites like My Anime List.

All these things taken together would be enough for me to say it is anime, but there probably is someone who might disagree 😂 

Edited by Illusion of Terra

@OtakuKid I really liked Kemurikusa’s character designs & artstyle spacer.png

The story was kinda hard to follow at times, but still enjoyable. There were also a number of shorts about the other sister’s who weren’t as central to the main story. Unfortunately they weren’t available on Amazon Prime. I don’t like to frequent pirate sites, but found some of them on Youtube, but not subtitled in English 😥 Wish they would do a blu ray release complete with the shorts.

As far as whether it should be considered anime I’d say definitely. On another forum I used to frequent the point was made that the Japanese don’t have a separate word for animation or cartoons from different countries, they refer to it all as anime. Of course when non-Japanese people use the term, it implies that it was originally created for a japanese audience or at least copies the japanese style of animation. Just like the word otaku can mean an obsessive fan of anything in Japan, but when used by a foreigner usually means a fan of Japanese pop culture (anime, manga, video games, idol groups, etc.)

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2

I've just finished Samurai Champloo (loved it!) and started rewatching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, wondering how my mental health didn't get damaged when I watched it the first time in my early teens 😅😅😅 I remember liking the second season though cause it explained all the madness 😂

• Like 1

Working my way through Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit and coming up to the third season of Black Clover!

• Like 2

I’m watching Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma

Which is a series about time travel, and like 5 girls all trying to be this dudes wife. it’s a bit PG-13. Also, I’m trying to get myself back into Bleach again, I kinda left after episode 50, it felt daunting and slow. 

• Like 1

Re:Zero The Frozen Bond offers some insight into Emilia’s past & her relationship to Puck. So much I still don’t really understand, but looking forward to season 2 even more now.

• Like 1

(Re)watched Usagi Drop last night.  Rin is such a cute kid.  

(Well, half watched.. I fell asleep.  :)  Probably pick up where I left off & try again tonight.)

• Like 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

COMMITED TO WATCHING WEEKLY
Fruits Basket season 2
Gleipnir
Ascendence of a Bookworm season 2
Arte
Kaguya-sama: Love is War season 2
My Next Life as a Villainess ...
Princess Connect Re:Dive
Tower of God

WATCHING BUT MAY DROP OR PUT ON HOLD
Kakushigoto
Wave Listen to Me
Sing Yesterday for Me
Tamayomi
The 8th Son ...
Shironeko

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

My plans are to start my rewatch and catch-up for Attack on Titan, rewatch Shinsekai Yori and start Get Backers. Also rewatching Steins;Gate 0 for the first time since I got the bluerays :P

• Like 1