What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I’ve actually started watching Inuyasha. I’d  planned on starting with Tanya or Fate, but it’s been on my anime bucket list for awhile & saw an article about an upcoming spinoff/sequel. Put Sing Yesterday for me on hold, because I’m finding it kinda boring.

Just gave 8th Son a test run.  Only the first three episodes and just to see if I want to put in on my short list.  Hard to tell since the first two episodes are kind of prequel and the 3rd episode makes it look like the rest will be rather different.  Thinking it might turn into another Noukin?  I'll see.  At any rate it's now on the list for a post-season binge. :)

10 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Just gave 8th Son a test run.  Only the first three episodes and just to see if I want to put in on my short list.  Hard to tell since the first two episodes are kind of prequel and the 3rd episode makes it look like the rest will be rather different.  Thinking it might turn into another Noukin?  I'll see.  At any rate it's now on the list for a post-season binge. :)

I’m on the current episode 7. There are some similarities, but reminds me of Wiseman’s Grandchild mire than anything. If you want something similar to Noukin I would recommend Endro or Bofuri (both completed) or Princess Connect Re:Dive or My Next Life as a Villainess.(both ongoing)

Edited by Ohiotaku

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

Wiseman’s Grandchild

Yes, that was the other one I was trying to remember.

Not necessarily looking for another Noukin, just feeling something of the same sort of vibe.  OP main character, group of budding professional adventurers, etc.  Like I said though I've only read the blurb and watched the first 3 eps so far.  Setting things up for my end-of-season binge.  :)

5 hours ago, Anime loveer said:

Second season now on Ascendance of a bookworm , really good

That’s another one on my binge-list.  I liked the first season so that one automatically got short-listed.

• Like 2

I am actually re-watching an anime, called Kanon! (The 2006 version, not the older one.)

It's so heart-breaking in places, and has made me very emotional even though it is my fourth or so time watching.

spacer.png

Edited by snowkettle
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, efaardvark said:

3-gatsu no lion.  Started slow but getting better.

And then it ends... just as Hina and Rei start high school together!  <voice=mirai>Fuyukai desu!</> Guess I'll have to use my imagination while waiting for a next season.

Edited by efaardvark

Hit pause on Inuyasha after finishing episode 21.

Started watching Saga of Tanya the Evil. Got through episode 3 today.

I finished Vampire Princess Miyu about a day ago. Didn't bother to share my thoughts on it because it's one of those anime that's just "okay" enough that I have no thoughts. I gave it 7/10. It's incredibly bleak at times, but also kinda boring at other times. A more mediocre version of Hell Girl that's unfortunately dated. I like its style though, particularly the title card and the "ending card" that made it seem like it's some traditional folk tale from feudal Japan, which is befitting for an anime titled "Vampire Princess Miyu". Though honestly speaking, Miyu didn't really feel like royalty and more like "The Chosen One" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. lol