What anime are you watching now?

Optic

It's kinda scary how fast I see people go through anime these days due to streaming lol. I'm part-way through a few shows right now (Soul Eater, Urusei Yatsura, JoJo), but I don't expect to be done with any of them for over a month.

With Urusei Yatsura I think I'm 90% through, a few episodes in on Soul Eater, and I'm about to start JoJo part 5 pretty soon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlwaysSearching said:

It's kinda scary how fast I see people go through anime these days due to streaming lol. I'm part-way through a few shows right now (Soul Eater, Urusei Yatsura, JoJo), but I don't expect to be done with any of them for over a month.

With Urusei Yatsura I think I'm 90% through, a few episodes in on Soul Eater, and I'm about to start JoJo part 5 pretty soon.

A lot of shows are only 12 or 13 episodes long before you have to wait for a new season. My current deep dive is Inuyasha where I’m only up to around episode 25. On a bit of a pause with it while I scope out the new series.

27 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

A lot of shows are only 12 or 13 episodes long before you have to wait for a new season. My current deep dive is Inuyasha where I’m only up to around episode 25. On a bit of a pause with it while I scope out the new series.

YO THE NEW SERIES! Naruto was what hooked me as a kid, but Inuyasha was the first anime I ever saw. How do you like it so far?

11 minutes ago, AlwaysSearching said:

Naruto was what hooked me as a kid, but Inuyasha was the first anime I ever saw. How do you like it so far?

Enjoying it quite a bit. It’s a bit darker than I expected since most of my previous experience with Rumiko Takahashi was Ranna 1/2. The somewhat antagonistic relationship between Inuyasha/Kagome early on has some similarities to Ranma/Akane but actually makes sense as  part of the story here instead of just for laughs. Hope to finish it before the sequel premieres. 

• Like 1

I'm currently rewatching Bokurano... I first watched it back in 2008 or so... was pretty impressed by it. Rewatching it now, the severe drop in animation quality makes me cringe so hard, it gets hard for me to focus on what's actually happening within the episode. 😓

And speaking of drop in quality; I didn't mind so much back then, but right now, I'm really disappointed that the anime took too many liberties with the story. Honestly, the way the manga was written and presented was just perfect. The complexities and dynamics between each character was just superb. However, I'm also a huge fan of Mohiro Kitoh, so maybe it's no wonder that I prefer his version of the story over anything else. 

It's still pretty cool to see Zearth move around, though. I kinda hope they will consider rebooting the series and strictly follow Kitoh-sensei's direction. For Naru Taru, too.

Bingeing the 2nd season of High Score Girl on Netflix before my subscription runs out next week.

Edited by Ohiotaku

School Days 

I binge watched in one setting Chaos Head recently to see how terrible it supposedly is and now School Days is the next to watch to see how bad it supposedly is as well too

Kino's Journey (the original) is incredible and has one of my all time favourite female leads in anime.

I'm trucking through Naruto personally, working my way through the last canon arc or the original series.

• Like 1

Just watched I''s Pure.  Love-triangle romance that reminded me a lot of KimiKiss, with a very similar start and a protagonist that is just as annoyingly indecisive.  Short (6-ep) yet still somehow manages to hit all the clichés.  Watchable but ultimately nothing new here.

On 7/18/2020 at 3:27 AM, Ohiotaku said:

I enjoyed it enough that I’d like a sequel.

(Re Blackfox.)  I was thinking something similar.  Like it made a good superhero origin story or pilot & now needs an anime to tell the story.  Just a season or two.

At the moment, I'm trying to get through Overlord. I finished the first season, but the second season starts off very different. It's unique, but if you are into anime such as No Game, No Life or Sword Art Online, but more dark, this is the anime for you to try out.