What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Other than the weekly airing stuff, been checking out some Netflix anime. Finished War for Cybertron: Siege & started Drifting Dragons & Zoids Wild.

So I’m three episodes into Re:Zero, I’m totally digging it! I’m not usually into Issekai, but this one has an edge that I think really works because they do such a good job of making you care about the characters. Subaru especially, I can totally root for him as MC. 👍💕

Now I’m just sitting here on pins and needles, because if I already like the characters this much this show is gonna kill me. 😭💔 I don’t know the details but I’ve heard some stuff goes DOWN. 

But hey, I dig a show that can make me care enough to break my heart. 😛 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

@NeonKettle glad your enjoying Re:Zero, I’m currently watching season 2 & it’s the only thing putting up a serious fight against Fruit’s Basket for my AOTY. Some people wind up not liking Subaru. Without being too spoilery, his response to some situations is far from heroic. But to me, that’s what makes it better than the majority of the other isekai. The idea that someone with psychological & social issues that make it hard to cope irl gets transported to another world & suddenly becomes a hero is ridiculous. Yes, when he gets knocked down he needs someone to help him back up (and sometimes to drag him a ways :P ) But he invariably finds the resolve to keep going, even when it seems he’s in danger of becoming irreparably damaged.

Edited by Ohiotaku

20 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

@NeonKettle glad your enjoying Re:Zero, I’m currently watching season 2 & it’s the only thing putting up a serious fight against Fruit’s Basket for my AOTY. Some people wind up not liking Subaru. Without being too spoilery, his response to some situations is far from heroic. But to me, that’s what makes it better than the majority of the other isekai. The idea that someone with psychological & social issues that make it hard to cope irl gets transported to another world & suddenly becomes a hero is ridiculous. Yes, when he gets knocked down he needs someone to help him back up (and sometimes to drag him a ways :P ) But he invariably finds the resolve to keep going, even when it seems he’s in danger of becoming irreparably damaged.

Yes totally!! I’ve heard that and I’m super into it. ❤️ I’m really looking forward to seeing how the show gives Subaru layers and complexities. I’ve already noticed little shades of it in his well-meaning but awkward personality, even this early in the show. Good writing! I really like that the show has stakes and that it isn’t afraid of letting its protagonist screw up. Very cool. 💕✨ 

And oh my god thank you for mentioning Fruits Basket S2, my sister and I loved the first season and we need to catch up. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeonKettle said:

And oh my god thank you for mentioning Fruits Basket S2, my sister and I loved the first season and we need to catch up. ❤️❤️❤️

A couple members here are watching it & commenting on it in a topic under the Currently Airing Anime heading. If you catch up before the season is over, feel free to join us, or leave your thoughts afterwards. We’re not using spoiler tags though, so probably want to wait till you’re current.

https://animeforums.net/topic/6026-thoughts-on-the-latest-episode-of-fruits-basket/

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Friendly 1

12 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

A couple members here are watching it & commenting on it in a topic under the Currently Airing Anime heading. If you catch up before the season is over, feel free to join us, or leave your thoughts afterwards. We’re not using spoiler tags though, so probably want to wait till you’re current.

https://animeforums.net/topic/6026-thoughts-on-the-latest-episode-of-fruits-basket/

Thank you!! 😊 If I do catch up I’d love to chat about it with you guys. ❤️ 

• Friendly 1

5 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Started watching Aggretsuko season 3 & enjoying it quite a bit 😁

AHHH I cannot WAIT to watch Aggretsuko s3!! 😍 The minute my sis comes home tomorrow night we are SO on for it! 😄 I’m stoked that you’re liking it! 🤘💕

General update on Re:Zero, (and I apologize if this isn’t the place for this, just let me know 👍), I just finished episode 7 last night and I am ALL in for this show. I liked it from the start, but it has completely won me over now. My GOD that scene at the beginning with poor Subaru and Rem broke my heart!! I would’ve cried if I hadn’t been so in shock with just how brutal and heartfelt it was! And then the conclusion he comes to at the end of the episode??? Maaaaan that is some good stuff. Excellent episode dude. This show continues to impress me and I can’t wait to watch more. ❤️❤️❤️

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

@NeonKettle a couple heads-up’s on Re:Zero:

There’s an OVA episode called Memory Snow that takes place between episodes 11 & 12. Nothing happens to advance the overall story, but it let’s the characters have some fun which is welcome considering how heavy the series gets at times & I enjoyed it.

There’s a 2nd OVA called The Frozen Bond that takes place before the series and focuses on the relationship between Emilia & Puck and the prejudice & persecution she’s had to deal with. I would recommend watching it before watching Season 2 anyway.

Anyway, glad to hear you’re liking it as Season 2 is really good too.

Just finished season 3 of Aggretsuko & must admit I was totally unprepared for the swerve it took leading into the finale. Not sure if there will be another season, but this one was the biggest surprise of the year, even outdoing Deca-Dence IMO. Absolutely amazing that a series about chibi animal office workers can have this much to say about life & relationships. Oh, and it made me laugh alot too 🤣

Edited by Ohiotaku

On 8/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Just finished season 3 of Aggretsuko & must admit I was totally unprepared for the swerve it took leading into the finale. Not sure if there will be another season, but this one was the biggest surprise of the year, even outdoing Deca-Dence IMO. Absolutely amazing that a series about chibi animal office workers can have this much to say about life & relationships. Oh, and it made me laugh alot too 🤣

Yep, i was always telling people how much force and potential aggretsuko had. The writing is so tuned and emotive. I am totally feeling a season 3, or at the very least another special. No way they just leave it as is. I have been wanting for Haida kun to just to what he did on the last episode, and I am sure that the writers no way just leave it at how things are right now.

spacer.png

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, EvaUnit69 said:

Yep, i was always telling people how much force and potential aggretsuko had. The writing is so tuned and emotive. I am totally feeling a season 3, or at the very least another special. No way they just leave it as is. I have been wanting for Haida kun to just to what he did on the last episode, and I am sure that the writers no way just leave it at how things are right now.

They definitely haven’t exhausted the series potential yet, but the whole “Just count to 10” soliloquy at the end had a sense of closure to it. But considering it’s arguably Netflix’s best original anime series, it’s hard to imagine them not continuing it. 

Just finished episode 14 of The Great Pretender which is all that is currently available on Netflix. Continues to be alright, but not really anything special.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Started rewatching Golden Kamuy in preparation for October.

Edit: definitely a good idea. Just 3 episodes in and already had 2 instances of “Welp, that guys dead. No, wait, he’s still alive, but I think he dies later” 🤣 And haven’t even gotten into the convoluted backstories & motives of some of the characters.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1