What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I'm not quite finished with Tokyo Ravens but I've started Hyperdimension Neptunia as well. I'm loving it so far!

I just finished Kuroshitsuji (season 1) and I started with Magi the Labyrinth of magic yesterday , and I must say Magi is absolutely brilliant.

YES ANOTHER MAGI FAN xD

I've actually been wanting to watch it for a few years but never managed to get a hold of it until now.

Aw, I just discovered it online and started watching it and I was immediately enchanted by it. The manga is even better IMO xD

Aw, I just discovered it online and started watching it and I was immediately enchanted by it. The manga is even better IMO xD

I've heard about the manga being great but I haven't gotten around to reading it . . . mostly due to laziness.

I've heard about the manga being great but I haven't gotten around to reading it . . . mostly due to laziness.

Well you can alway pick up where the second season ends since the anime follows the manga closely xD

Well you can alway pick up where the second season ends since the anime follows the manga closely xD

I will do just that :P otherwise I will have to go through everything again :'( and it would kill me.

• Like 1

*Looks at her Crunchyroll queue*

MY love STORY!!

I felt a bit shallow when I first say the image of the buff guy; since I love sexy ink men. But gave it a go and truly enjoyed the sweetness and humor this anime has to offer. It is based of the manga of course, but I have not read it and prefer to keep it that way. When you read the manga first or whatever; you start to look for things and changes in the anime. The big guy is actually pretty funny and very strong minded in the sense of always being the hero. Plus the sense of obliviousness is strong with those two and it is funny.It is currently airing in Japan, so I am in the waiting until the nest episode of up type of situation.

Galilei Donna

About the Show

Galilei Donna follows the three Ferrari sisters who are descendants of the astronomer, Galileo Galilei. The year is 2061 and the world is in the grips of another ice age. With a mysterious organization hunting them down and searching for the “Galilei Donna”, the three sisters must work together to fight against the organization and discover their true destinies.

I have only seen the first episode! But it does seem pretty interesting; which I am still trying to figure out what the whole adventure turns out to be and why.

Disclaimer: Found description via Crunchyroll.

I currently am watching Fairy Tail 2014, One Piece (for those who care, I literally just began watching it. This is going to take a long time lol), Guilty Crown and Trinity Seven (actually, I've been lacking too much time to complete this anime for unknown reasons,but I hope to finish it either this week or next week). I really enjoy Fairy Tail and I've seen every episode. Fairy Tail has my FULL attention, it is never boring me and you could say I'm addicted to it? Fairy Tail has become one of my favorite anime of all time since the time I started watching it. As for One Piece, I am enjoying the anime as well, at the beginning I almost failed to keep my interest into the anime but after a few episodes I really like it. I currently am at episode 14 and I try my best to make free time for anime to watch but yeah, life.

Just finished watching Kiseijuu or Parasyte. Not Madhouse's best work IMO, though I still like the ending. Kind of. More like "didn't put me off as episode 23" than "like", but still. The shounen aspects of this story didn't age well.

Edit:

Currently watching Bakemonogatari. The first few minutes kinda troubled me, but then it got all badass and stuff. lol Nice. Hope this will be fun.

Just finish watching...

Bakemonogatari

Not just another harem anime

Bakemonogatari is one of those anime that didn't leave me a good first impression. While not nearly as bad as Naruto or Pokemon, I wouldn't recommend this to someone who's already had cynical views about the anime medium. The first episode is hardly the most interesting one of the series. It features a stoic, emotionless girl who's super-badass and wields a killer-stapler around. Not a good start for people who thinks anime is about ridiculous, over-the-top characters that make no sense. Worst of all, it has these flashing words that pop up every 10 minutes or so. Very pretentious, and certainly another bad thing for newcomers, especially when you consider that some of these flashing words actually add context to the story, thus requiring the audience to pause every so often.

However, if one has enough patience to stay for another episode, episode 2 gives a little surprise to the audience. It has a nice mix of Japanese mythologies the likes of Mushishi and some good ol' fashion action and suspense. The blood is not gory, the action is not over-the-top, and the drama is not hammy. It has a well-balanced enough script to entertain most demographics, and it even goes into dark territories sometimes that are unlike your average light-hearted harem. Best of all, its characters are fairly interesting. At the very least, the avoidance from exaggerating their personality leaves a kind of charm in them. They are very relatable, and even the pacifist of the story is not unrealistically naive.

I also like how the anime subverts certain anime tropes. While it's not an outright deconstruction like Bokurano, and it does have certain predictable moments, I enjoy how it plays certain stereotypes a little bit differently, just applying subtle differences to them. The stoic's unrealistic lack of emotions was explained away with a story element, the existence of a harem became a self-aware topic, and certain famous lore like the monkey's paw are given a twist. Much of the story is played around with a self-aware, tongue-in-cheek comedy, but this doesn't distract me too much from the tension and the drama.

And speaking of tension, this isn't an action anime. It's a slow-crawl drama comedy with moments of suspense and well-written characters in it. The little quirks each character has are interesting enough that when the disturbing backstory is revealed, you'll forget that this is a comedy. While it usually has a relaxing pace in a slice-of-life fashion, but it's way too dark to be considered a realistic slice-of-life, and that works in its favor to keep things from becoming too dull.

The series also becomes better with each story arc, with the final climatic arc being my personal favorite. The vicious twist at the last episode was so good. Even though you might be reminded of School Days, the twist wasn't anything clumsy like that, and it made me excited about the next season of the series.

I give Bakemonogatari

7.2/10

I just finished Fate/Zero season 2 and Problem children are coming form another world and started Zombie Loan , Shakugan no Shana season 2 , .Hack (all of them) and xxxHolic Rou

Yes!~ You finally finished Fate/Zero. :)

Also, just wondering, did you find any of the .Hack series good? If so, which ones?

Yes!~ You finally finished Fate/Zero. :)

I did , it was brilliant ,I ended up liking Berserker and Rider more than any other characters.

Berserker because he was just so bad@$$ and Rider because he was just brilliant.

Also, just wondering, did you find any of the .Hack series good? If so, which ones?

I enjoyed Legend of he twilight the most out of all of them , most of them are good but the pacing often throws me off (and I'm quite used to odd pacing . . . if I do say so myself).

I did , it was brilliant ,I ended up liking Berserker and Rider more than any other characters.

Berserker because he was just so bad@$$ and Rider because he was just brilliant.

Yes, Rider was an amazing character, easily my favorite servant.

I enjoyed Legend of he twilight the most out of all of them , most of them are good but the pacing often throws me off (and I'm quite used to odd pacing . . . if I do say so myself).

Okay, well, since I was a bit interested in the series, I guess I'll try the one you liked then. Thanks! :)

Okay, well, since I was a bit interested in the series, I guess I'll try the one you liked then. Thanks! :)

Pleasure , but Legend of the Twilight is the 4th in the series , the first is .Hack Sign and that was also quite good but the pacing and general feel of the anime is much more . . . odd (I guess that's the best way I can describe it).

Mushishi Special: Hihamukage. Finished.

It's a nice little special episode to the first season. Oh, how nice to be back to the world of Mushishi. There's just no anime like it.

• Like 1

Mushishi Special: Hihamukage. Finished.

It's a nice little special episode to the first season. Oh, how nice to be back to the world of Mushishi. There's just no anime like it.

Thats next on my watch list. I'm glad to hear that it was well done, but I'm not really surprised at all, after all, it is Mushishi. ;)

• Agree 1