What anime are you watching now?

Optic

8 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid with some friends ♥️🐉

If you like that then you should try Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san (Helpful Fox Senko-san).  It's a bit different than Dragon Maid (Senko-san does not cause nearly as much trouble as Tooru) but also similar in some ways.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, efaardvark said:

Just started Gibiate.

PSA: Do not squander the minutes of your life watching this.   :D

• Like 1

Currently watching Sword Art Online. Watched the first season a couple of years ago, than never had the time for anime. Now I am back and never trading my time with anime away!

I have yet to catch up to the latest episode and by far SAO is my favorite anime :) 

After I catch up on SAO, I have a semi long list with lots of anime to watch. I am excited to get started with the list.

• Like 1

Just started Devil's Line late Saturday night and I only have 2 episodes left. I'm obsessed with the series and extremely saddened by the fact that it's only 12 episodes long. Gonna have to check out the manga now, lol.

Finished my rewatch of Golden Kamuy, so all set for season 3 to begin Monday 😁

Watched the first couple episodes of Dragons Dogma on Netflix. Seems like a subpar knockoff of Castlevania which had it’s own issues last season. Think I’m done.

2 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Currently watching School Live! and loving every minute of it :) 

That one was a downer for me.  Once I realized the situation and started thinking about it it got sort of depressing.  Especially the thing with Megumi-sensei, and the fact that the girls aren't able to get out of their precarious situation.  They're fairly stable for the moment, but the reality is that they don't have a long-term plan and they don't have the skills among them to overcome entropy in the long run.

That said I would be interested in another season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, efaardvark said:

That one was a downer for me.  Once I realized the situation and started thinking about it it got sort of depressing.  Especially the thing with Megumi-sensei, and the fact that the girls aren't able to get out of their precarious situation.  They're fairly stable for the moment, but the reality is that they don't have a long-term plan and they don't have the skills among them to overcome entropy in the long run.

That said I would be interested in another season.

There were definitely some parts where I was just like 'No Way!' but see, I mainly enjoy much darker, horror/psychological anime, so this was perfect for me. They did a masterful job of highlighting just how far the mind will go to protect itself from trauma. When I heard that this was slice of life, I almost passed it over because while I'm enjoying exploring the genre, I'm just not that interested in sugary sweet, high school life shows where everyone is adorable & nothing serious happens. I like shows that are more balanced. I don't want to be scared senseless or in tears the whole time but I also don't want hearts & flowers & endless hyper pop songs shoved down my throat either. That's where School Live! shines in my opinion. Yuki is about as adorable you could ever want but her character is so well layered, as are the other characters. Each one is more than meets the eye & you just come to appreciate all of them as as the story progresses. I would recommend this show to any & everybody. Perfect Halloween season anime. 

I am now currently watching Hell Girl & so far, I'm enjoying this one as well. 

• Like 1

Watched the Noblesse prequel OVA & 1st episode of the series. Not a good sign that the OVA that was made a couple years ago & without CR’s backing was actually the more entertaining one (despite the tropes). Will give it awhile to hit it’s stride.

The other CR original supernatural series (Jujutsu Kaisen) first episode was a decent enough start, though once again lots of shonen tropes.

Finally Moriarty the Patriot seems like it will be the must promising of my recent watches.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Just finished the 1st ep of Akudama Drive. Slow start but after about 10 minutes, pure adrenaline. More style than substance at this point, but I ‘m definitely intrigued. Seems like a cyberpunk Durarara with some Escape from New York thrown in for good measure.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Just finished Darling in the Franxx. I am overall pretty happy as their will be another season coming. Makes me happy since the ending was fine but could have been a bit better. I am trying to not spoil anything. I will be starting Bunny Senpai Girl next. hahaha

Watched the first episode of Gymnastics Samurai. Was prepared for the pathos as the MC is a single father (widower) & former Olympic  gymnast being told to retire, but had more humor & weirdness to it than I expected. Think I may have found another sports anime I might actually enjoy :) 

Edited by Ohayotaku