What anime are you watching now?

Optic

17 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Took a look at the first 2 episodes of the new season of DanMachi.  Looks interesting enough to put it on my watchlist.

I’m enjoying it more than I expected to.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear episode 3 - wasn’t a fan initially but it’s growing on me. Yuna is OP like Maple (Bofuri) but not sweet like her :P This week’s ep gets bonus points for paying homage to the classic duck/rabbit season gag. And I’ve already seen some Goblin Slayer memes referencing this episode 😂

Edited by Ohayotaku

Wandering Witch (The Journey of Elaina) 😮 Dang, this is turning a lot darker than I expected, though I guess that’s in keeping with a lot of folk/fairy tales. I’ve seen some people comparing the series to Kino’s Journey and think it’s a fair assessment. The visuals are impressive as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Golden Kamuy season 3 - despite the fact that Sugimoto & Asirpa have been separated the whole time, I think this has been the best season yet as far as consistent quality. I think Jujutsu Kaisen probably appeals more to the typical anime fan, but for me they’re on about equal footing for anime of the season.

Started watching the new Higurashi since I heard it follows the same arcs, but events diverge from the original. Just finished the first arc & it was decent, but have to say I prefer the original on almost every level. Though the images that accompany the new ED are just 😲 (I advise NOT viewing if you’re not familiar with the original because it’s pretty spoilery)

Edited by Ohayotaku

Finished the 3 part  Reincarnated as a Slime academy training  arc OVA. Nothing outstanding but it gave Shizu’s students some more screen time, not to mention

Kuro/Black/Diablo from episode 24

Now just have to wait for season 2 to begin in earnest in January.

Edited by Ohayotaku

SukaSuka, aka 終末なにしてますか?忙しいですか?救ってもらっていいですか? , aka WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?

What is it with these miles-long show names? 

I have a suspicion this one is not going to end well either.  You can't just keep raising flags like this and expect something to not go very, very wrong somewhere, somehow.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:14 PM, efaardvark said:

I have a suspicion this one is not going to end well either.  You can't just keep raising flags like this and expect something to not go very, very wrong somewhere, somehow.

Yep, as I suspected.  No spoilers from me, but I do recommend skipping this if you don't like the sad ones.

Not currently watching anything, thinking of watching the second season of The Irregular at Magic High School, though.

Fun fact, however, I'm currently reading the manga of Kaguya-sama, which is, uh, already taking over my life, as you can see below.

The Attack on Titan Chronicle movie (seasons 1-3 recap). While it’s a decent enough way to refresh your memory, new viewers really need to watch the actual episodes. Because of the late hour, I’ll wait till tomorrow before tackling episode 1 of the final season which premiered earlier today.

12 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

episode 1 of the final season. 

Just watched this. Interesting start as the focus will apparently be on the young recruits of the opposing side of this hellish conflict for awhile before we find out what Eren & company have been up to during the 4 year timeskip. While the change in studios is noticeable, the carnage remains the same.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 2 weeks later...

Akudama Drive episode 11 - finally got the big picture answers & ended on a heck of a cliffhanger for next week’s finale. Will probably still be just my #3 for the season, but has probably earned a place in my top 10 for 2020

• 2 weeks later...

Started off 2021 by binging a short ONA series called Youjo Shachou (Cute Executive Ofticer). Ridiculous gimmick as a concept with cheap animation. And I haven’t laughed this much since Asobi Asobase 🤣 Especially with the final skit (shout out to Aggretsuko?) 🤣