What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Just rediscovered Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress in my crunchy queue.  I'd started (1st 2 eps) it a while back and I'd been meaning to go back but I kept forgetting it as it got pushed down in my queue.  Glad I rediscovered it.  This time I'm gonna make sure I finish it before I get distracted again.  Might be a long night.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

Just rediscovered Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress in my crunchy queue

There’s a sequel movie on Netflix too, though it didn’t really resolve things IMO. I did enjoy the series for it’s uniqueness (Eastern steampunk coupled with zombie apocalypse) 

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

There’s a sequel movie on Netflix too, though it didn’t really resolve things IMO. I did enjoy the series for it’s uniqueness (Eastern steampunk coupled with zombie apocalypse) 

I do prefer sci-fi but steampunk is close enough.  It's all good.  Anyway, a little zombie now and then is relished by the wisest men*. 

What's to resolve in a zombie movie?  <never mind.. No spoilers!>:(> 

(*with apologies to Dahl:D )

Edited by efaardvark

Watched the first ep of Wonder Egg Priority. Honestly had no idea what to exoect, but looks to be a surreal psychodrama. A word of warning, traumatic themes like bullying & suicide appear to be key.

• 2 weeks later...

Binged the first 8 episodes of Log Horizon’s 2nd season over the weekend.  While I wouldn’t call it bad, I do agree with the general consensus that it’s a step down from season 1.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Binged the first 8 episodes of Log Horizon’s 2nd season over the weekend.  While I wouldn’t call it bad, I do agree with the general consensus that it’s a step down from season 1.

I kept waiting for it to make its point.  At times it felt almost filler-ish.  Not bad but ... needs another season at least just to bring all the loose ends together and firm up the plot.

In other news, I finished In/Spectre.  I was kind of expecting it to be more a series of different mini-arcs, a-la Natsume's Book of Friends, or Mushishi.  That Nanase arc basically took over the second half .. and not incidentally set it up for future seasons.  I guess I'm ok with that, even if it wasn't what I was expecting/looking for.  I did come around to the Kotoko/Kurou pairing eventually too.  I wasn't too hot on it initially but it kind of grew on me.

Lately we’ve been cycling through:

• Food Wars

• Inuyasha

• FMA: Brotherhood

• Bleach

• Gurren Lagann 

We’re coming to the end of Food Wars and FMA: Brotherhood, so we’ll probably continue watching Sailor Moon once those are done. 

Thought I'd check out the first half of So I'm a spider.   Intrigued and still not sure what's going on here but I think the monkey army business was my "stop.. that's too silly" moment.

Edited by efaardvark

March Comes in Like a Lion, I just watched episode 10. He needs to stop entertaining his stepsister. Walk away from her until she understands what is and isn’t acceptable in a conversation.

I’m also watching “Ao-chan Can't Study!”. It’s a short, light comedy, that I recommend (if you’re at least 15).

Laidback (Yuru) Camp season 2- up to episode 7. Nadeshiko going on her first solo camping outing (they grow up so fast 🥴 ) Rin & Sakura’s apprehension is understandable, but she demonstrates that she has been learning & paying attention to  the advice she’s given. Reinforces a lot of my belief that much of her scatter-brained behavior is just being overly enthusiastic/energetic. It’s funny how despite the lack of an actual story, this season’s episodes feel like they build on last season’s. Most importantly, it continues to be a much needed weekly dose of positive energy

• Cute (Kawaii) 1

Resumed watching Attack on Titan: The Final Season. You really have to pay close attention to the dialogue because there’s a lot of complexity to the story & it’s being told from a different perspective from previous seasons. My understanding is that there will be a pause once the current couer is over before the conclusion.

Also checked out the first couple episodes of Basquash. It’s certainly ... unique. Combining street basketball with mechs with an over the top (and more than a little ecchi) style similar to Kill la Kill & Gurren Lagann. The CGI actually doesn’t feel out of place in this one. But will probably put on hold since I’m following a lot of ongoing series.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Resumed watching Higurashi~When They Cry~True and have been bingeing it over the weekend. My opinion of the first half was that it was inferior to the original, but since it moved beyond those events & made it clearer that this was a sequel instead of just a variation it’s much more interesting.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Cat Girl Nuku Nuku  I had to click it.  I remember seeing this in the stores... on VHS!  This is like last-century stuff.  :D  I think it was contemporary with Porco Rosso, Sailor Moon, and Yu Yu Hakusho.  That era anyway.  Might even be older than Sailor Moon.