What anime are you watching now?

Optic

53 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Cat Girl Nuku Nuku  I had to click it.  I remember seeing this in the stores... on VHS!  This is like last-century stuff.  :D  I think it was contemporary with Porco Rosso, Sailor Moon, and Yu Yu Hakusho.  That era anyway.  Might even be older than Sailor Moon.

I remember the OVA series being somewhat funny (kinda did for custody battles what Project Ako did for school girl rivalries :P ). Never watched the tv series or the version with a more realistic artstyle (Nuku Nuku Dash)

I'm currently finishing Your Lie In April, I actually started it a while ago and got about 15 episodes in but I forgot to finish it. I did enjoy what I've watched of it so far a lot, It inspired me to learn piano and I've been learning it for almost 5 months now.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

20 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Resumed watching Horimiya

I previewed the first few episodes.  The older I get the less of a draw the HS hatsukoi thing is and this one seemed a bit too Ao Haru Ride-ish and "fluffy" for my tastes.  Nevertheless I put it on my list for a later binge.  What I saw wasn't bad.  Maybe it gets more interesting further in.

12 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I previewed the first few episodes.  The older I get the less of a draw the HS hatsukoi thing is and this one seemed a bit too Ao Haru Ride-ish and "fluffy" for my tastes.  Nevertheless I put it on my list for a later binge.  What I saw wasn't bad.  Maybe it gets more interesting further in.

Yeah, I set it aside after watching the first episode when it aired. Mainly decided to give it another look because it continues  to rank well on MAL & not like I actually disliked what I saw. I will say it does a better job than most HS romance series in depicting the characters personalities & interactions. But that’s a double edged sword as I find most HS dramas to be overly angsty & melodramatic. And I tend to prefer characters who are at least somewhat older when it comes to romance/romcom series (Recovery of an MMO Junkie, Science Fell in Love... for example). Fruits Basket (the newer version) is something of an exception as the trauma the characters have been through makes them seem mature beyond their years. And the characterizations are so well done I can’t help but feel emotionally invested in what happens).

25 minutes ago, OraOraOuroboros said:

I watched all of "Diary of our Days at the Breakwater" recently. A fun little slice of life show

Agreed. That one was a pleasant surprise & an adequate stop-gap measure while waiting for Yuru Camp season 2.

Getting back to Re:Zero’s 2nd season since it concludes this coming week & it’s one of those series I find easier to binge than follow weekly.

Right now, Fate/Stay night Heaven's Feel- though as they're movies, it is a slow going. Also continuing on Gilgamesh and rewatching Soukyuu no Fafner: Heaven and Earth.

Kinda on a Fate watching streak though, so I'll probably move to Fate/Apocrypha before I finish Gilgamesh or Fafner.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I watched the first eps of Megalobox: Nomad, Combatants Will be Disparched & Dragon Goes House Hunting. Likely to stay with all three.

Just watched a new short omake episode of Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid on Crunchyroll (thankfully only the intro was CGI 😂).  It’s only about a minute long, but still cute & funny. Not sure how many episodes, but supposed to be a new one each week on Wednesdays. Guess they’re trying to hype viewers for season 2 in July.

Edited by Ohayotaku

34 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

Halfway though Wonder Egg Priority. Like it, the music, animation, art style and no character feels out of place, but with shows like this the ending can make or brake it.

I had high hopes for this one, but personally felt like the story “jumped the shark” after the recap episode & the true “final episode” doesn’t air until June 29th now. It still deserves some credit for standing out from the pack & and as you said the actual ending will impact my final opinion on it, but kinda feeling disappointed right now.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Tried KanColle but the dub version is simply too cringy to watch.  I'll have to find an original version somewhere before I try that again. 

Just finished the first episode of Shadows House. Very Tim Burton-esque & definitely one I’m curious about.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Almost at the end of the first season of Gensoumaden Saiyuki. When I'm done with that I'll be moving on to Otogizoshi and Claymore. Also need to finish up a few shows I started ages ago like Yashahime and Black Clover 

• Like 1

Started watching the Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) recap specials as a refresher before going to see the Mugen Train movie friday evening.

• Like 2

Saw Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Train over the weekend. From an animation & soundtrack perspective an absolute spectacle & truly impressive. The story seemed a bit lacking though & I felt they laid on the melodrama a bit thick. Personally I felt season 1 had several moments with more emotional impact. Still a worthy follow up & if you plan to watch season 2 when it comes out you should watch the movie first.

Edited by Ohayotaku

I just started watching GTO; Great Teacher Onizuka. It aired in 1999-2000, and I'm loving it so much. An ex-gangster wants to become a teacher, and deals with his problem students in a wide array of questionable methods. Despite his tough demeanor, he believes all kids should have fun at school. 

It starts off really perv-ey and hilarious, but hes not a super terrible guy.