What anime are you watching now?

Optic

The Saints Magic Power is Omnipotent - this one’s pretty lowkey to the point I think a lot of people would be bored by it, but I’m actually enjoying it quite a bit. MC (Sei) is a modern day Japanese office lady who is summoned to a fantasy world to save it from catastrophe. Except 2 women arrive instead of just 1. The Prince abruptly declares the other woman to be the prophesied “Saint” and whisks her away to prepare for her role. Unfortunately they don’t have a way to send Sei back home, so she is declared an honored guest. Meaning she is treated courteously & has her needs met but isn’t actually expected to contribute in a meaningful way. Out of boredom she starts spending time in the castle library & gardens, leading her to study potions & magic. As her affinity for it grows, an increasing number of people become convinced that she is the actual “Saint”. Although Sei would just as soon stay out of the spotlight, her unwillingness to not help when she can makes it look like being drawn into the kingdom’s intrigues is inescapable.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Wow 1

86 - I’d recommend it to those impatiently waiting for the finale of AoT as it also deals with teenage soldiers dealing with the dehumanizing effects of war with a racial/class bigotry aspect to it. Has an Iron Blooded Orphans feel to it as well.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41457/86?q=86&cat=anime

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Been busy with work so I am just starting the new seasonal stuff. Going to probably watch Nagatoro first and 86 tonight. I read some of Nagatoro and 86 looks cool. I'm really hyped for it now after reading your post Ohayotaku. I LOVED IRON BLOOD. 

• Like 1

The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 5 -  so funny that it took Sei this long to realize her life is like something out of an Otome game 😂 Still pretty chill, but betting on an attempted coup by the end.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Mashiro no Oto.  I’m always a bit reluctant to watch stuff where the mc is supposed to be some sort of awesome performer.  Too often it doesn’t work and winds up being kinda cringeworthy.   This one does have some decent shamisen playing however.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Giving Tokyo Revengers another look since it’s so hyped right now. Only on ep 3 so far, but definitely more Three O’clock High than Steins Gate. I expect it to be more of a “feel don’t think” series where you root for the underdog to redeem himself by saving his buddies & girlfriend.

Just finished S3 of DanMachi.  Not bad but not great.  Really disliked the sudden "and then everything went back to normal" ending.  If they were going to do that I'd have been fine with them stopping after S2.

• 3 weeks later...

Saga of Tanya the Evil - Operation Desert Pasta

”An army marches on it’s stomach”, indeed 😂 A tongue in cheek way to celebrate the announcement that a season 2 has finally been greenlit.

Just finished the final episode of Nagatoro-san. I have to say it wound up being far better & more adorable than the 1st episode would lead you to believe. Yes, there is a level of lewdness through out, but it even takes a much deserved jab at the critics who would write it off as toned down fetish doujinshi trash with no redeeming value (most without even watching). The biggest pleasant surprise of the year so far & much more deserving of a 2nd season than Uzaki-chan (or Quints for that matter).

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

Otogizoushi: Legend of the Magatama. It has such a unique story and artwork so far.

Finished Gensoumaden Saiyuki and Canaan which were both awesome, though I'm a little sad I watched 100+ episodes of Saiyuki not knowing they haven't actually finished it yet lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Nagatoro-san.

That one did pass the 3ep test to make it onto my watch list but tbh it is one of those I’ll probably keep pushing down my queue in favor of more interesting material.

I’ll give it another episode or two.  If it hasn’t pulled me in by then however it is likely doomed to watch-list limbo.

• Like 1

Binged 5 episodes of Godzilla Singular point, but shelved it. If I ever do give it another look, will probably go with the dub because it’s almost impossible to keep up reading the subtitles. Wasn’t really feeling it anyway (not sure how much of it was a genuine attempt to incorporate quantum physics & cryptid zoology vs just trying to be quirky/weird). To quote Milhouse, “I’m not a nerd, nerds are smart” 😂

Finished Odd Taxi. They managed to tie together the various narratives pretty effectively in the final episode. Odokawa’s backstory was even more tragic than I thought it would be. That final sequence though 😱

Edited by Ohayotaku

15 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Gonna use the long weekend to watch the 3 Made in Abyss movies

Oh my so you already watched the series if you do I have an advice:

❶Made in Abyss: Journeys dawn - compilation film recapping the first half of anime series.

❷Made in Abyss: wandering twilight - 

Compilation film recapping the second half of anime series.

The last one

❸Made in Abyss: Dawn of the deep soul

This was the continuation of the last series.

I highly suggest that you must proceed to the 3rd movie☃

Have a great day!!

Edited by Potatoishh
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 12:54 PM, Potatoishh said:

❷Made in Abyss: wandering twilight - 

Compilation film recapping the second half of anime series.

Dang, I’d forgotten just how brutal the scene following the encounter with the Orb Piercer was 😵

• Like 1

I’m currently watching rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai, as well as one piece and the original dragon ball. I’m really enjoying them and I recommend trying them all

• Like 1