What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Started watching an older mid-2000s show called Kiba. Seems like someone tried to morph Pokemon with a war drama, and my god are things happening fast!

Just finished Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop. On paper sounded like a perfectly charming summer romance movie. But in execution, the first half seemed to drag & was hard to hold my interest. The second half redeemed itself somewhat, but still felt pretty mediocre.

Noein is a masterpiece, possibly the closest thing to perfection I've watched since Steins;Gate.

Starting Last Exile next :D

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

9 hours ago, RZ. said:

Noein is a masterpiece, possibly the close

It’s been a long time since I watched that one, but remember liking it. Maybe revisit it someday. 

I plan on resuming & finishing The Great Pretender this coming week.

• Like 1

Series I’m following weekly:

Battle Game in 5 Seconds (for now)

Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid S

Tsukimichi

Higurashi Sotsu

Peachboy Riverside

Idaten Deities

Girlfriend Girlfriend

My Next Life as a Villainess 2

Tokyo Revengers

Case Record of Vanitas

MHA season 5

Iruma-kun

Kageki Shoujo

The Great Jahey Will Not be Defeated

Shinigami Bocchan

Tropical Rouge Precure

Getter Robo Arc (for now)

Edited by Ohayotaku

I discovered My hero academia past sunday, and binged watched since all available episodes (which i never did in my whole life for any anime or tv series)...Now i am waiting weekly to watch it in simulcast (which i also never had to do before)....

I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestion for any anime that i could watch and really enjoy. What is for you the closest anime to My hero academia?[ view:  https://animefillerlist.net/my-hero-academia-filler-list/  ] 

I didnt watch that much animes in my life, so that you know: i of course watched death note completly. I saw the first season of Hunter x hunter, some 300 episodes of One piece, nearly finishing the availabe episodes of fairy tail. I also really enjoyed Assination Classroom but not as much as My Hero Academia...and that is basically it. I always liked animes without being a huge fan either, but maybe My hero Acadmia just changed that for me...Do you have any idea about what i should try next? I am open to all suggestions but would like to find something for which i could catch up to simulcast quite quickly.

Edited by rayanwatts
  • Like 1

@rayanwatts
The series MHA reminds me of most is Soul Eater (51 episodes, already completed). Fire Force has some similarities, but not as good IMO (2 seasons completed, no word on season 3). You might also want to check out Jujutsu Kaisen & Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. As far as something currently airing, maybe Tokyo Revengers.
Hopefully you’ll enjoy some of these.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

91Zw1JXz8QL.thumb.jpg.fa1c7822f8ae1d506428c7aca930846e.jpg

This anime is family friendly and very funny!
I didn't think this show would be good (it was a recommendation) since it looked too silly.
 I ended up falling in love with this show and enjoying the princess and her antics. 

@rayanwatts
To add onto the list from
Ohayotaku post. 
Black Clover is also a good series (although plenty of fillers).

The era is of olden time and it's about magic. They go to school, get into guilds, etc. 

Of course, not many shows have the same feel of MHA. 

17 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

@rayanwatts
The series MHA reminds me of most is Soul Eater (51 episodes, already completed). Fire Force has some similarities, but not as good IMO (2 seasons completed, no word on season 3). You might also want to check out Jujutsu Kaisen & Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. As far as something currently airing, maybe Tokyo Revengers.
Hopefully you’ll enjoy some of these.

This is more PURE GOLD than any alchemic transmutation could ever get you. I love this, could totally see it as the ending theme if Brotherhood had been made now

18 hours ago, Brandonn said:

kanojo mo kanojo 

This one makes me laugh way more than I like to admit 🤣

yuru camp

Absolutely love this one 🤩

the detective is already dead

Afraid this was a one & done for me 😕

Newish to watching anime, I've got a sibling that introduced me to it. As of now I'm watching Tokyo Revengers, episode 3. Didn't know what to expect but I'm glued to the story now. So far so good. 

Finished Great Pretender. It was ok, but not really my thing.

Will probably watch some of the Shaman King remake when it goes up on Netflix tomorrow.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Shaman King. Pretty standard shonen, but I’m still enjoying it well enough. Anna’s going to be one helluva queen.

edit: I thought Lee’s last name “Pyron” sounded odd except as a possible reference to Darkstalkers. Just saw that it’s a mistranslation of “Pai Long” Does it count as Engrish when it’s actually a Chinese name? 😆

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Funny 1