MHA season 5

Iruma-kun

Kageki Shoujo

The Great Jahey Will Not be Defeated

Shinigami Bocchan

Tropical Rouge Precure

Getter Robo Arc (for now)

Edited by Ohayotaku

Watched the first 2 episodes of Fena: Pirate Princess. Very nice visuals & character designs. But the writing feels a bit lacking to me. Although not overly similar, can’t help but be reminded of Nadia: Secret of Blue Water. Will continue to watch for awhile anyway.

Edited by Ohayotaku

I finished Vampire Princess Miyu about a day ago. Didn't bother to share my thoughts on it because it's one of those anime that's just "okay" enough that I have no thoughts. I gave it 7/10. It's incredibly bleak at times, but also kinda boring at other times. A more mediocre version of Hell Girl that's unfortunately dated. I like its style though, particularly the title card and the "ending card" that made it seem like it's some traditional folk tale from feudal Japan, which is befitting for an anime titled "Vampire Princess Miyu". Though honestly speaking, Miyu didn't really feel like royalty and more like "The Chosen One" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. lol

I've gotten sucked into watching quite a bit of anime recently after having been largely absent from it for over a decade, and have seen quite a bit that has been good. Here's a short sample of what I've watched recently:

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (one of the best written series ever, absolutely loved it)

Your Lie in April (probably one of the best series ever made, shed plenty of tears)

Erased (enjoyed this immensely)

Death Note (good, but gets a bit old once the schtick wears off)

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (by far the funniest anime I've ever seen)

Toradora (cute romance story)

A Silent Voice (great film, the story sticks with you for a while after watching it)

Kuroko's Basketball (still watching it, not bad but so far not great either)

My Little Monster (another cute romance story, probably the best first episode of any series ever)

Got a lot more to watch, seems like there's been a ton of good anime that has come out within the last 10 years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Anime loveer said:

Uhh- Yuri on Ice

I have that one on my PTW list.

I still have a week in my Prime trial membership so checking out 7 Senses of Reunion.  Asahi is freaking adorable, though  Satsuke has me rooting for the “childhood friend” character.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the 1st ep of 86’s new cour/season. While her peers may consider her naive/foolish for getting demoted for her ideals, Lena seems a lot edgier & less concerned about being nice or doing things by the book now. Also seems to have won over her new troops fairly easily, but maybe not surprising considering she manages to get results without treating them as cannonfodder. I was surprised

that Shin & the others from the squad are still alive. But at this point I almost expect the Federacy to be some sort of Matrix like simulation by The Legion to trick them. Even if they’re sincere, it’s clear Shin & the others find the way they are treated to be condescending. Pity & sympathy are a poor substitute for respect & dignity. While Frederica is undeniably a spoiled brat, her behavior is in many ways more honest than the adults attempts at compassion & altruism. No surprise that she is/was the Empress & raises questions about how much their government has actually changed

In closing, I’m considerably more hyped for what’s to come than I was going into the episode.

8 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Currently watching the first episode of Mieruko-Chan

I watched it as well. I generally like anime with supernatural themes but need to watch some more episodes to make up my mind about it. 

I enjoyed the first ep of Irina, Vampire Cosmonaut. A decent attempt has been made to try & adhere to the historical timing of events, albeit with different names. The set up being that after the experimental launch using Laika, the Soviets intend to use a vampire (seem to be treating them more as mutations/aberrations than invulnerable supernatural creatures) as the next test subject. The reasoning being she is human enough to provide useful data, but still considered subhuman, so they don’t need to be overly concerned about her safety or ethical treatment.

And even though I haven’t really been a fan of Digimon, giving Ghost Game a try.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Watched the 1st ep of Takt op.DestinyA fantasy (scifi?) series about using classical music to fight alien/extra-dimensional monsters. Anna certainly has her hands full dealing with Takt & Cosette’s eccentricities 😂 

spacer.png
spacer.png

This one was definitely entertaining.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

Puraore! Pride of Orange seems like an interesting show. It's not something I usually watch (I don't really watch sports anime), but one of my friends is really into hockey. The character designs remind me a lot about Love Live!, which seems cute! I don't have any strong opinions about it yet as my knowledge about hockey is close to zero. 

However, I am watching the second season of Yashahime, which is great, and watched one episode from Blue Period and Mieruko-chan! I like those three shows a lot, and I'm going to watch Takt Op.Destiny on top of the current anime season. 

But... regarding older anime, I just finished R.O.D. OVA! I've watched the TV series twice, but never got around to watching the OVA until recently. It's really good and it makes me want to start picking up the light novel. 

• Like 2

Watched the 1st episode of Taisho Otome Fairytale. Definitely got some Ai Yori Aoshi & Shinigami Bocchan vibes. Was very surprised to recognize the tune Yuzuki & the MC’s mom sings as the same as an old time hymn, with different words.

Edited by Ohayotaku

The season has barely started & I’ve yet to watch Komi but takt op.Destiny is contender for my favorite new (non-sequel) show of the season

Of course 86’s second cour is my top pick overall.

Edited by Ohayotaku

30 minutes ago, Zila said:

A friend recommended Komi Can't Communicate, now I'm waiting for it to hit Netflix xD 

1st episode is October 21st, I’ll be reactivating my Netflix account cone November so I can follow it.

Watched the 1st episode of Ranking of Kings today.  The story is reminiscent of traditional fairytales/fables & the art style reminds me of Spirit Tracks or The Windwaker from the Zelda franchise