What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I currently am watching Fairy Tail 2014, One Piece (for those who care, I literally just began watching it. This is going to take a long time lol), Guilty Crown and Trinity Seven (actually, I've been lacking too much time to complete this anime for unknown reasons,but I hope to finish it either this week or next week). I really enjoy Fairy Tail and I've seen every episode. Fairy Tail has my FULL attention, it is never boring me and you could say I'm addicted to it? Fairy Tail has become one of my favorite anime of all time since the time I started watching it. As for One Piece, I am enjoying the anime as well, at the beginning I almost failed to keep my interest into the anime but after a few episodes I really like it. I currently am at episode 14 and I try my best to make free time for anime to watch but yeah, life.

For spirit week at school and we had this day where people can dress up as their favorite fictional characters .Me and my friend were at lunch and she saw someone dressed as someone from Kakegurui . I've heard of it before but never seen it so now im watching it.

Edited by Anime loveer

6 hours ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Digimon Ghost Game!!

I’m watching this too. Not a big Digimon fan personally, but liking the urban legend angle they’re using & digging the character designs

spacer.png

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Just did the first 13 episodes of Shiroi Suna no Aquatope (The Aquatope On White Sand).  Cute characters, nice art, good story.  Relaxing and enjoyable.  The end of Gamagama seems like a good stopping point so I'm going to wait a bit before proceeding with the next set of episodes but I'm looking forward to resuming at the end of the season.

On 10/14/2021 at 6:40 PM, Zila said:

Mushishi

I like Mushishi too.  I've revisited it a few times.  Natsume Yuujinchou is another good one that I think has the same sort of feel.

Edited by efaardvark

• 2 weeks later...

Rakuen Tsuihou, aka Expelled from Paradise.  Robots and space and cyber and mechas and somewhat predictable but not bad for all that.  Mostly action with a bit of introspection but not too serious about it.  Has a bit of a "The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye" feel to it.  Not a bad way to waste an evening.

10 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

The first 2 episodes of Komi Can’t Communicate. It’s cute enough, but I’m not as hyped as a lot of people are apparently.

I put it on my list after seeing the trailer but the first episode was kind of meh.  I'll revisit it for the 3-ep test halfway thru the season & see if it gets better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 12:15 PM, Zila said:

Finally getting back to anime again but it's been a little slow. 

Catching up on Tokyo Revengers, I think I'm on episode 11 or 12.

Added 86 -Eighty Six- to the list but I haven't even started Komi Can't Communicate yet. 😭 

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat too. 

What do you think about Tokyo Revengers?

Watching Tokyo Ghoul, it's crazy good that opening music man.

Bingeing Nanamaru.  Have to say it is not terribly exciting so far.  (Sorry, no matter how you spin it a quiz show is not "sports".)  It is giving my Japanese listening skills a decent workout however.  I mean, isn't the goal of everyone watching these sorts of shows to answer the questions before the contestants?  :D

Pokemon the First Movie, Pokemon the Movie 2000, Pokemon the Movie 3, Pokemon 4Ever, Pokemon Heroes, Pokemon Destiny Deoxys, Pokemon - Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and Pokemon - Genesect and the Legend Awakened.

First five bought as I only originally had them on video, so hunted down the original-extra-chocked copies, not the newer-no-extras copies... well except Heroes, that's the extraless version, as it came in a boxset... will have to hunt down the extra-full version; awaiting Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea and Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction to arrive, then that's my collection complete (though wish Paramount hadn't changed the cover for Jirachi Wishmaker, as I always have to resist the urge to import the American copy for the cover), well... I could have bought Mewtwo Strikes Back - Evolution, but thought I'd give the UK distributor a chance to release it, rather than just resort to import, though it's tempting.

Edited by senshikoi
Inaccuracy
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On 11/20/2021 at 4:41 PM, Zila said:

@Kit It was okay, I still have two more episodes to go. Once you get over (or choose to ignore out of reason) their ages, it starts to turn relatively Shakespearean. 

Although I feel like our protagonist Takemichi is fairly irritating. You would think Manjiro/Mikey would be more interesting due to the huge dissimilarity of the two but I found him equally irksome. My favorite characters are Naoto Tachibana and Takashi Mitsuya. With Mitsuya it was refreshing to see a character of the same age group have a hobby outside of the squad.

On a positive note, the direction of learning to be more proactive at a later stage in life is nice to see. I'm used to seeing characters having an emotional midlife crisis in their early-to-mid teens when it comes to shows like this. xD 

Didn't expect the show to get as deep as it did, sometimes a little too dramatic for my taste:

Reveal hidden contents

Like the conclusion with Keisuke Baji. 

For now it's a solid 6.5 out of 10 for me. 7 if I'm simply in it for the fun. 

Have you seen it yet, Kit? :) Interested in reading your thoughts. 

Shakespearean? Oh snap, I've never thought of it like that. Kind of like west side story too. Did you just diss Mikey like that? It was hard for me not to like the characters as they all had something in their lives that was cause and effect to how their attitudes were. Chifuyu was a real bro though I liked him. Yea it can get dumb at times but i'm not much of an anime expert to put it against quality or anything. I liked it but I'm trying to sort out what my tastes in anime are while I'm watching some of these shows.

@Kit I finished both cours of Tokyo Revengers but not sure if I’ll watch the next season as my interest was waning. I’m curious if you’ve seen Steins Gate. The plot is similar (repeatedly changing the past to try to save his friends)but it is more scifi (characters are all science nerds or otaku). If it was the delinquent angle you enjoyed, you might like some of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

@Kit I finished both cours of Tokyo Revengers but not sure if I’ll watch the next season as my interest was waning. I’m curious if you’ve seen Steins Gate. The plot is similar (repeatedly changing the past to try to save his friends)but it is more scifi (characters are all science nerds or otaku). If it was the delinquent angle you enjoyed, you might like some of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.

I hear people say that the animation quality and story in TR is bad but I don't have much experience in watching anime to compare it like that. Never heard of Steins Gate but if it's like Dr. Stone I should like it. tbh I'll be open to anything to build up a clear picture of what my interests in anime would be. :) I was thinking of Jojo's too because it's a big meme that's everywhere but looks like a good time.

@Kit Steins Gate is more psychological & suspenseful than action oriented, but it does have some intense scenes & a good bit of humor. And you want to start with the main series instead of Zero (0).
Durarara also felt similar to TR for me.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Zila said:

I feel bad for Draken, it felt like his character could have been so much more if he were a little more independent.

Draken is actually my favorite character in the series.

Planning to binge Heike Story over the long weekend since it’s only 11 episodes . From what I gather it’s a version of a historical Japanese epic, though I’m afraid I’m not familiar with it :P What I’ve seen so far reminds me of Macbeth (political ambition, warfare, tragedy & hints of the supernatural).

Edited by Ohayotaku