What anime are you watching now?

Optic

53 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I would not go so far as to say stupid.  There was a point to it after all.  But it was unnecessary to take it to such an extreme for story purposes IMHO.  I didn't used to binge-watch so much.  Back then I had more of a weekly realtime habit and happened to be watching the anime every week as it came out.  Let me tell you, well before the last episode  of that arc came out I was looking for the slightest hint that the next week was going to be different, for any small differences that could be leveraged to break out of the cycle.  Which was probably the point.  It was novel, meta, totally in context, and even fun in a way.  By the end of the arc the viewers are definitely in sync with the characters, deja-vu and all.  But I swear, if any anime ever tries that again I'm going to drop it for certain.  :D

That's what I meant sorry, it wasn't that the arch was necassarily bad rather the execution the studio leadership choose was somthing most members of the cast and the production took fault with. 

I've only watched videos documenting the event, in those Doc's they give a good overview of the at time feeling of anime fans across various platforms; 4Chan and My Anime List are the most common were these comments came from. 

The amount of comments of anime fans losing there shit over Endless Eight was funny. Some of the comments are gold. 

Attack on Titan eps  .5A  &  .5B (OAD 4  & 5): No Regrets

How Levi first joined the Scouts & the role Erwin played in it. A perfect illustration of everything that made the 1st season something special.

Edited by Ohayotaku

2 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

The amount of comments of anime fans losing there shit over Endless Eight was funny. Some of the comments are gold. 

Lol I totally understand because when I first search the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya all I could see were comments of people from 4chan and Twitter dying inside 🤣.

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

I really need to watch the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, its been on my list for over a year.

Problem is...
anime-confused-gif-12.gif
It keeps getting bigger

Haha I totally understand. I am currently watching 20 plus anime and I'm planning to watch over 100 of them.. I'm in despair.

Please HELP.

Also I'm currently watching Ichigo 100% in parallel with Haruhi suzumiya. It's a really good show. I recommend it definitely to anyone.

840543E5-19A1-48EB-A7D2-89F1A967A42E.jpeg

Finished the final ep (for now) of The Faraway Paladin. Despite the 2nd half of the season feeling a bit lacking, I thought it ended fairly strong & will definitely check out season 2 when it airs.

Finishing up 7 Deadly sins (Dragon’s Judgment & Cursed by Light) while finalizing my seasonal watch roster (trying to keep it under 15 so I can check off some PTW series)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2

I'm currently re-watching 3-gatsu no lion also know as march come in like a lion and to summarize my experience so far... I'm crying like a baby. I've never relate to a main character so much in my entire life. My childhood friend recommended it to me a while back but I was still in elementary school and I didn't understand very well what was happening honestly. But now that I'm older and more mature (you could question that) I finally understand the feelings Kiriyama Rei feels since is story resemble my childhood a little bit. just to say even if I've only watch 4 episodes I would give this anime a 10/10 and would recommend it if you have not watched it already. just give it a try and you will see if you like it or not.

Well that's Puella Magi Madoka Magica fnished.
See the source image
No comment. 

Also currently watching though Season 3 of the classic Legend of the Galactic Heroes 1988 OVA series 

See the source image

What's next is still something of considerable consideration. I could watch Beck, Baccano!, Black Lagoon and DNA2. All are worthy of the spot to watch next but I don't know which it will be. I'll have to think about it for awhile but since the candidates are known to us the troops can rest, drinking is permitted.   

11 minutes ago, Kreideprinz said:

It's been a busy week, so I took yesterday evening off to watch the latest episode from AoT and re-watch Samurai Champloo. Currently on the fourth episode. Feels oddly dated now but I still love it. xD 

I haven't watched samurai champloo yet, but I really want to get round to it at some point 

Attavk on Titan (final season pt 2) despite almost a year long hiatus, had no problem getting right back into the thick of things. The new OP & ED really do an excellent job of show the complexity of the situation Eren is in & the difficulty of the decisions he has to make. No clear idea of how it will end, but going into it full throttle.

Demon Slayer (Entertainment District Arc) this arc has had a lot more humor than than the previous ones. But things have gotten really brutal the past couple episodes

as good as it was seeing Nezuko curbstomp that beatch, still made it clear how tenuous her hold is on her remaining humanity

My Dress-up Darling they really upped the level of fanservice & ecchi in the 2nd ep 😳 I actually hope they dial it back a bit now that Gojo-kun is familiar with the inspiration for Marin’s cosplay & has all the necessary measurements (quite a thorough job 😂 ). As sexy as Marin can be, I actually prefer the more adorkable side the ED puts on display. EDIT: so of course after saying that episode 3 opens on a cringe moment😆 (I probably shouldn’t be surprised). So kind of a balancing act, but still finding it enjoyable over all.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1