What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Dropped My Dress-Up Darling at episode 3, not for my age group, lead is uninteresting.
Hajime no Ippo, episode 15, Test of Endurance. On hold.
Ping Pong the Animation, episode 3, Devoting Your Life to Table Tennis is Creepy. New favorite.

Ōgon Bat documentaries because the anime is lost in time.

Edited by Clavius
Adding Ōgon Bat

Just finished Chobits. I didn't expected it but at the end I cried... like big tears. This may seem bizarre to cry at the end of an anime but I've really really loved this one. 10/10. I'm going to buy all the volumes of the manga for sure. 

• Like 1

Princess Connect ReDive season 2 - honestly think this series is at it’s best when it’s NOT trying to advance the bigger story (which seems confusing, gloomy & not it’s strong point) & focuses on just having fun with it’s cast of wonderfully eccentric  characters. Besides I’m already getting my fill of heavy subject matter with Attack on Titan & Requiem of the Rose King.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:04 PM, Animedragon said:

I've just started re-watching Fushigi Yugi.

I've now finished watching Fushigi Yugi. This time round I'm not going to bother watching the OAV's. They're not bad, but not as good as the TV series.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:56 AM, Soramee_ said:

Just finished Chobits. I didn't expected it but at the end I cried... like big tears. This may seem bizarre to cry at the end of an anime but I've really really loved this one. 10/10. I'm going to buy all the volumes of the manga for sure. 

Crying at the end, or even in the middle, of an anime series isn't all that unusual some anime have a habit of sneaking a tear-jerker scene in when you least expect it.  The Chobits manga is a good read and not too different to the anime.

Having finished Fushigi Yugi I thought something a little less serious was needed, so I've started watching Please Twins.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 9:56 AM, Soramee_ said:

On 2/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, Animedragon said:

Crying at the end, or even in the middle, of an anime series isn't all that unusual some anime have a habit of sneaking a tear-jerker scene in when you least expect it.  The Chobits manga is a good read and not too different to the anime.

Having finished Fushigi Yugi I thought something a little less serious was needed, so I've started watching Please Twins.

if thats how you went with Chobits , then i suggest you check out Plastic Memories

https://myanimelist.net/anime/27775/Plastic_Memories?q=plastic memories&cat=anime

ive also watched Please Twins which i believe is the second season first being Please Teacher

you two would probably also enjoy (if you havent seen them) the EF: series of animes starting with ef: A Tale of Memories.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:26 AM, efaardvark said:

Not (yet) watching but looking for Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish..

just seen this and now want to watch it after watching the trailer

Edited by Wodahs
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wodahs said:

ive also watched Please Twins which i believe is the second season first being Please Teacher

you two would probably also enjoy (if you havent seen them) the EF: series of animes starting with ef: A Tale of Memories.

I think that technically Please Twins is spin-off or side story not a second season of Please Teacher, but who's worrying about such details. (did you guess correctly which was the twin before it was revealed?)

The EF series, ef: A Tale of Memories and ef: A tale of Melodies is one of my favourites and has some great characters and character interactions, but be warned, that Melodies has some slightly disturbing plot lines and is quite tear-jerkingly sad in places.  Both series have a rather avant-garde presentation style, which works rather well.

Edited by Animedragon
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2022 at 5:24 AM, Belldandy said:

Any suggestions on good Seinen anime to watch? Other than Attack on Titan please. 

Vinland Saga • Dororo • Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress • Golden Kamuy • 86

Back on topic: Miss Kuroitsu from the Monster Development Department - thought the 1st half of the most recent ep was actually one of the funnier Valentines Day segments (along with the Isekai Quartet ep) 😂

Edited by Ohayotaku

I've just finished True Tears. An interesting little series with lots of mixed up relationships between the main characters, but everyone seems to have got their lives sorted out in the end.

I feel like a change of pace for my next series, so I'm going to start on Starship Operators.

14 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've just finished True Tears. An interesting little series with lots of mixed up relationships between the main characters, but everyone seems to have got their lives sorted out in the end.

I feel like a change of pace for my next series, so I'm going to start on Starship Operators.

ive watched true tears and marked it completed in myanimelist tho other than remembering that ive watched it i dont remember much of it

tho i dont remember watching Starship Operators nor did i make any flags in animelist the trailer seems oddly familiar ill have to check out to see if i have watched it

ive done that a few times , watched something and not updated it to myanimelist