What anime are you watching now?

Optic

1 hour ago, specialtogod said:

rainbow days

Oh! I've seen the first 3 chapters of the manga online and it seemed really good. didn't know there was an anime adaptation.

3 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Oh! I've seen the first 3 chapters of the manga online and it seemed really good. didn't know there was an anime adaptation.

the anime adaptation is called Nijiiro Days

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31414

so we cant use the mal link setup anymore ??? 😢

Edited by Wodahs
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, peachtea said:

I honestly wish that I could do something like that! Anime is one of my favorite hobbies but other things always require my attention. ;-; It leaves me so far behind to where it takes me forever to finish a show. Sailor Moon and DBZ got me into anime, fun times! NGE is good, I'm happy it secured your interest. ^^

I'm with you on that Peachtea, I also have a lot of other things that require my attention although generally I manage to watch 5-6 episodes a day. I manage to do this by doing my anime watching while I have my lunch and dinner, I like to have something to watch while eating and there's so much rubbish on TV at lunchtime and dinnertime, so I'm usually able to fit 2 or 3 episodes in during each meal.

There some advantages to living on your own. 🙂

Although there are also some disadvantages!

• Agree 1

On 4/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, RZ. said:

Honestly, I'm the same. That's why I rate it so highly along with a couple of other shows. Most of the time I manage 1-3 episodes a day. I barely ever binge watch anything so when I do it shows just how good it was!

I try to binge but I never make it beyond three or four episodes. xD You're right about the necessary sacrifice in time and schedule for a truly good anime! I've actually lost sleep to binge shows but yeah, I agree that they're rare occurrences.

6 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I'm with you on that Peachtea, I also have a lot of other things that require my attention although generally I manage to watch 5-6 episodes a day. I manage to do this by doing my anime watching while I have my lunch and dinner, I like to have something to watch while eating and there's so much rubbish on TV at lunchtime and dinnertime, so I'm usually able to fit 2 or 3 episodes in during each meal.

There some advantages to living on your own. 🙂

Although there are also some disadvantages!

Same! I like watching around dinner and taking a few minutes to relax before bed. You know how life goes though, it can be a real pleasure killer. Recently I've been helping my mom out, so I've been watching at random times. Sometimes pausing in the middle of an episode and returning hours later. I haven't watched anything in a few days because I feel like the method above wasn't allowing me to absorb anything. Things will get back to normal soon! Gah, I never watch television. xD Except for M*A*S*H, that's my favorite show. LOL!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, peachtea said:

I try to binge but I never make it beyond three or four episodes. xD You're right about the necessary sacrifice in time and schedule for a truly good anime! I've actually lost sleep to binge shows but yeah, I agree that they're rare occurrences.

Same! I like watching around dinner and taking a few minutes to relax before bed. You know how life goes though, it can be a real pleasure killer. Recently I've been helping my mom out, so I've been watching at random times. Sometimes pausing in the middle of an episode and returning hours later. I haven't watched anything in a few days because I feel like the method above wasn't allowing me to absorb anything. Things will get back to normal soon! Gah, I never watch television. xD Except for M*A*S*H, that's my favorite show. LOL!

Ah, M*A*S*H that's one of my favourite shows as well. The whole cast are just such brilliant actors and really bring their characters to life. I love the way the series manages to be both funny and yet still show the horror and tragedy of warfare in a serious and sensitive way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Attack on Titan: The Final Episode (until 2023 😂)Am I bummed that I have to wait till next year for the actual end? Yes, but the episode itself was still awesome 🤩 Anime of the Season, contender for the year.

Wrapping up Lupin III part 6 & Kotaro Lives Alone. The first ep of The Executioner & Her Way of Life shows potential.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:14 PM, Soramee_ said:

aharen-san wa hakarenai

Feel like the 2 leads might get kinda boring after awhile, but hoping the supporting cast will liven things up a bit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Attack on Titan: The Final Episode (until 2023 😂)Am I bummed that I have to wait till next year for the actual end? Yes, but the episode itself was still awesome 🤩 Anime of the Season, contender for the year.

I haven't seen AoT yet and was planning to when it finally finished, so I could see the seasons back-to-back. xD

I have Slam Dunk on hold to finish Sk8 the Infinity. Cute show but Adam, oof, what a creeper! Plan to watch Mashiro no Oto as a friend recommended it when hearing that I liked the Shamisen. Very excited to start watching!

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I've now finished re-watching Golden Time, its one of those series that is definitely better second, or third, time round as the story takes a while to get going. It has a good cast of characters and an interesting storyline that explores the question of memory and identity.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kit said:

Slam Dunk is actually lit af why haven't I heard about it until recently 

It is! Seems like it's gaining traction again? I see it talked about on MAL more than usual and then there's the movie coming this Fall. I'm sure it will attract new audiences.~

HOLY HELL Adam on SK8 is creeepy! Someone save Langa!! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Just finished the first episode of Mashiro no Oto. Hmm. Not sure if I'll end up liking it yet. It was a very weird episode and all over the place. The scenes including the shamisen were breathtaking but then there's random fanservice and the characters act way too strange. 

• Like 1

The second episode to Mashiro no Oto was amazing! Why didn't they lead with it! The first episode was random and confusing. Now I'm afraid there might be pacing issues. Seriously hope the tone of the second episode carries through. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, janelle said:

i am re watching fruit basket it always tells you to never forget who you are and always help a friend/family member out no matter what.. what do you thinl

Fruits Basket is about as wholesome a show as I've seen (both the 2001 version and the new one). It really does try to help its viewers understand how to be better people, and being there for friends and family is a perfect example.

A simple life lesson, but always worth reminding people of stuff like that 👍

• Like 1

Two nights ago I watched and completed the Heaven Feel Trilogy. Spring Song, the one I'd been waiting to release in my region was amazing and the fights were on another level. So with that milestone out the way, I'm probably gonna try and finish up Samuari Champloo and get to the end of Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia, and also continue through Hunter x Hunter.

Once Samuari and Babylonia are complete I'll likely look into getting a hold of Camalot films, second one comes out in May but no doubt only in Australia and America. Luckily we brits share the same region code with aussies for blueray. At least that's may game-plan going forward with Anime.  

Also anyone on here know when the Magia Record Second Season blueray might drop? I've got no idea. 

23 hours ago, janelle said:

i am re watching fruit basket it always tells you to never forget who you are and always help a friend/family member out no matter what.. what do you thinl

I’ve never watch fruit basket but it really does seem like a really good anime

On 4/4/2022 at 9:34 PM, janelle said:

2 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I’ve never watch fruit basket but it really does seem like a really good anime

I’d watched the original adaption back in the day but it didn’t make much of an impression on me. The remake (2019 - 2022) however is one of my all time top 10 anime. In  40+ years of watching anime, I’ve never watched another series which could affect me emotionally as much as it did on a week to week basis during it’s run. Hoping the prequel/recap/sequel film gets released over here in some format (came out in Japan earlier this year).

I'm currently watching K-ON!  Which is great fun.  I think if I'd had a teacher like that and an after school club where I could drink tea and eat cake I just might have enjoyed school a bit more.

• Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

K-ON is a classic!

4 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I'm currently watching K-ON!  Which is great fun.  I think if I'd had a teacher like that and an after school club where I could drink tea and eat cake I just might have enjoyed school a bit more.

• Like 1