What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Checked out some premieres:

Rising of the Shield Hero season 2 - didn’t waste any time at all on a recap, jumping straight to a new threat separate of the “Waves” which were the focus of last season. Curious to see where it goes from here.

Birdie Wing - first of all, if you’re looking for a realistic depiction of the sport & it’s technical nuances, keep looking 😂 As at least 2 of the characters have techniques that seem more like something from Demon Slayer. Also a bit of a Megalo Box or Sk8 the ♾️ vibe to it. And I admit the attractive character designs without an egregious level of fanservice are a plus for me. Not sure if I”ll stick with it for the whole season, but seems like a fun/enjoyable way to spend a half hour each week.

RPG Real Estate - not a fan of the moe-blob character designs & didn’t find it cute or funny. Might’ve worked better as a short run time series. One & done.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Just put Aharen-san wa Hakarenai on my post-season ptw list.  Cute and funny.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:49 AM, Wodahs said:

yep ive seen the first ep and enjoyed it

even tho it seemed so simple it was so much and so cute at same time

On 4/1/2022 at 10:14 PM, Soramee_ said:

started watching aharen-san wa hakarenai and this is totally my type of show. I like it

Ok, I admit the 2nd ep made me laugh. A LOT. Especially Aharen’s attempts to protect Raidou’s dignity/virtue 🤣

dude was so traumatized when he realized his fly was down all day, he had to take a sick day

And I can relate to Aharen’s reflex to eyedrops. I’m very adverse to anything getting in my eye. My optometrist has to pry my eyes open to put drops in & it’s absolute hell when a lash gets stuck.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

've just finished watching K-ON! On the face of it a slice of life show about five girls who are members of a high school music club doesn't seem that interesting, but the way the various character's differing personalities interact with each other make the whole more than the sum of its parts. Add in the excellent animation and HTT's music, even if the lyrics are plain weird*, and you've got a series that's great fun to watch.

The movie was good fun too, and as someone who spent most of their working life in London I recognised many of the places the girls visited. Their trip from the Ibis London City to the Ibis Earls Court was interesting, Aldgate East station is the nearest one to the Ibis London City, but as they ended up in Camden Town they seriously got the wrong train and went in the wrong direction, but if Yui was navigating that probably explains it. 🙂

* Having said their lyrics were weird, I would like to point out that U&I and the groups final song for Azusa had great lyrics.

Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai, looks like another fun + cute one.  Might even be a bit too cute but I only have one ep to go by.  At any rate I'm putting it on my worth-another-look list.  I'll come back in another couple weeks and see if it gets promoted to my ptw list.

3 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Finished my dress up darling and really liked it.

Couldn't finish that one.

• Like 1

Continuing to evaluate what the season has to offer

Will most likely watch 15 - 20 series to completion. The closer to the bottom, the more likely I am to drop

Spy x Family
Rising of the Shield Hero 2
The Executioner & Her Way of Life
Ascendence of a Bookworm 3
Kaguya-sama  Love is War 2
Science Fell in Love … season 2

Birdie Wing
Estab Life: Great Escape
Don’t Hurt me, My Healer
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness
Heroines Run the Show
Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie
Love After World Domination

Requiem of the Rose King
Ya Boy Kongming!
The Demon Girl Next Door 2
Tomodachi Game
Skeleton Knight in Another World
Healer Girl
I'm Quitting Heroing
Dawn of the Witch
Trapped in an Dating Sim - Life is Hard for Mobs
In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki

DROPPED
Miss Shachiku and the Little Baby Ghost
RPG Real Estate 
The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as a Typical Nobody

Edited by Ohayotaku

7 hours ago, efaardvark said:
10 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Finished my dress up darling and really liked it.

Couldn't finish that one

I understand. I watched ep 11 and thought of never finishing it but after pushing myself to finish the whole anime I thought that it was actually just a wholesome show and now I really want to see Gojo and Marin getting together since they are perfect for each other. Also the Ed/op and the animation is super good.

Edited by Soramee_
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Soramee_ said:

I understand. I watched ep 11 and thought of never finishing it but after pushing myself to finish the whole anime I thought that it was actually just a wholesome show and now I really want to see Gojo and Marin getting together since they are perfect for each other. Also the Ed/op and the animation is super good.

Honestly the scene that made me consider dropping the series didn’t even involve Marin. It was the way they introduced Juju. But like @Soramee_, I’m glad I stayed with it. The final episode really was the best for me & the note it ended on was really sweet.  

• Agree 1

Finished Kotaro Lives Alone. It was clear very early on that this wasn’t just going to be a light hearted slice of life series. It touches on some heavy topics of neglect, abuse & abandonment. Though the perspective felt a bit odd at times (cultural differences?) & it felt like it took on too much to really address satisfactorily. Still deserves credit for it’s ambitions & being thought provoking.

I’m debating whether to finish Slow Loop (watched through episode 8 ) or close the book on the Winter roster & focus on Spring.

• Like 1

Starting the new season of Kagura-sama Love is War, one of the few shows I actually watch whilst airing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Finished Kotaro Lives Alone. It was clear very early on that this wasn’t just going to be a light hearted slice of life series. It touches on some heavy topics of neglect, abuse & abandonment. Though the perspective felt a bit odd at times (cultural differences?) & it felt like it took on too much to really address satisfactorily. Still deserves credit for it’s ambitions & being thought provoking.

I’m debating whether to finish Slow Loop (watched through episode 8 ) or close the book on the Winter roster & focus on Spring.

Just started watching kotaro lives alone and I totally agree with what you are saying.

Just finished "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions".  This series is good fun to watch and I think it's under rated, it has some interesting characters and underneath all the crazy action there's a serious story.
I suspect that, if we're honest, we can all relate in some way to Yuta Togashi and Shinka Nibutani as I'm sure we've all done things in primary and/or junior school that we'd rather keep quiet about when we reach senior school. 🙂

• Like 2