What anime are you watching now?

Optic

1 hour ago, AlwaysSearching said:

Me and my sister just started "Outlaw Star" on a whim last night and HOLY SHIT! Talk about a show with a sense of style! I can't believe I'd passed it up for so long, really feels like I'm gonna be watching all the way through this thing :D

I'm only 3 episodes in, what do ya'll think? Am I in for a good time?

My brother watched it and he thinks it really good, its been on my to watch list for a few months now. So if his taste is anything to go off on then I bet you're in for a good time. 

2 hours ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

. Next on my hit list is probably Trigun, Mobile Suit Gundam Compilation Movies, Code Geass, Hunter X Hunter and City Hunter. Either way I still got nearly 200 anime on my plan to watch list.

See the source image

I need help

This is all gold! You can't go wrong with any of those. I'm re-watching Gungrave.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Healer Girl  officially passed the 3 episode test. Combination of CGDCT/SOL & Musical. Reminds me of Aria but a bit more energetic & not as imaginative or dreamlike.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

Today I rewatched my favourite movie, Makoto Shinkai's "The Place Promised in Our Early Days" ("Kumo no Mukō, Yakusoku no Basho"). Set in an alternate present day where Japan was divided up after world war 2, much like Germany was. The northern island of Hokkaido is now "Union" territory, it's never stated who the "Union" are but it's not too hard to work out.
The story has many layers and while mostly Sci-Fi there is some action and even a love story all bound together with some fantastic artwork and animation and a beautiful soundtrack, and yes, you could end up shedding a tear or two at the end.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:43 AM, AlwaysSearching said:

Me and my sister just started "Outlaw Star" on a whim last night and HOLY SHIT! Talk about a show with a sense of style! I can't believe I'd passed it up for so long, really feels like I'm gonna be watching all the way through this thing :D

I'm only 3 episodes in, what do ya'll think? Am I in for a good time?

Outlaw Star is one of my favorites! Definitely a classic. 👍

On 4/18/2022 at 1:10 PM, MarathonGuy1337 said:

Either way I still got nearly 200 anime on my plan to watch list.

I'm catching up to you with 166 anime titles in my PTW list. 😱 The struggle is real. 😆

I'm on episode 7 of Mashiro no Oto and so far it's been a complete surprise. Although I have this community to thank for picking it up in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, notEli said:

Outlaw Star is one of my favorites! Definitely a classic. 👍

Oh that's great to hear! Cool, cool...

How THE F did Hilda only last 4 episodes?!

The coolest character on that ship AND voiced by the woman that plays "Major" in Ghost in the Shell, and she just EXPLODES IN SPACE? Not fair man...

Edited by AlwaysSearching
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, AlwaysSearching said:

Oh that's great to hear! Cool, cool...

How THE F did Hilda only last 4 episodes?!

The coolest character on that ship AND voiced by the woman that plays "Major" in Ghost in the Shell, and she just EXPLODES IN SPACE? Not fair man...

I see the comments are working again! xD 

It was so unexpected but kinda not. Hilda was a badass and she went out like one, like she planned to. She made enemies with pretty much everyone, it was only a matter of time. Bummer that she wasn't written to have been around longer but she was the entire catalyst of the storyline. Maybe they'll redo it one day and give her a bigger role? Just as long as it's not a live action! xD 

Heroine Tarumono! Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto (aka Heroines Run the Show) - finding this to be pretty charming so far. Country bumpkin highschool girl gets a part time job as a gofer for an idol boys duo. Despite projecting an amicable public image, out of the spotlight they’re both pretty anti-social & are constantly bickering. Not sure if it will develop into a romcom triangle, but she’s already helping them develop more empathy for others. Currently more SoL with a combination of comedy & drama. My only complaint is Inori Minase seems to have made her voice higher pitched & more nasal for the MC which can be a bit grating.

Edited by Ohayotaku

needing something to watch atm , so was flicking thru crunchyrolls random button section

and came across something i was going to watch but somehow didnt , apart from doing the opening from the first episode

still surprised that ive opened the first episode but never actually watched the anime

so now im watching Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi (Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits) and have just finished the first ep going on with the second

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36754

so now in my mal account i can change it from planing to watch to watching 🤣

Just finished the Yorknew City Arc of Hunter X Hunter. I now I'm in an interesting position as I know that the Phantom Rouge movie follows this arc - I think - or I can move directly onto Greed Island Arc. I think I want to at least give the movie a shot, plus additional Hunter x Hunter content can't be bad. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Metro said:

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie

I was considering setting that one aside because it was a bit dull, but dang if it ain’t the most wholesome romcom I’ve seen in recent memory, which does have it’s own appeal. Though I must confess I’m also smitten with Yuu’s mom 🥰😂

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Today I finished watching The Vision of Escaflowne. I haven't watched this series for several years and it's still as good and enjoyable as it was when I first watched it. I was surprised to see the date of 1996 on the tiles because from the quality of the artwork and animation I would have placed it nearer 1999/2000.

• Winner 1