What anime are you watching now?

Optic

Finished Death Note. Got my friend though Samurai Champaloo. Watched the first special for Violet Evergardern 

See the source image
Death Note was beast! Great show big recommend 

See the source image
Also after watching Samurai Champloo again I think i got the vibe of the show more. So recommend.

Next on the hit list is gonna be...

the Violet Evergarden movie + second special?

See the source image
It's a really pretty anime

Then gonna watch the Gundam Unicorn Series 
See the source image
I'm a mecha fan what can I say... giant robots in space is cool

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

A bit of a PSA/advisory to anyone considering Skeleton Knight in Another World. The opening scene is a very disturbing attempted rape by a group of bandits.  Considering that the scene is replayed later in the ep as the course of events, really can’t help but see it as needlessly gratuitous. Fortunately the 2nd ep didn’t have anything like that & was actually pretty wholesome with the MC accepting a quest from a little girl who wants to help her mom & obtains a Pokemon-esque mascot character along the way.  The 3rd ep is pretty typical for this sort of anime demonstrating that murder, rape, slavery & torture are standard practice for the bad guys & no mercy is shown to children. But fortunately it’s not as detailed as that first ep. And the MC disposes of them with extreme prejudice. Does seem like there will be a certain level of fan service as the female lead is pretty oppai, but again fairly standard stuff. I’m kind of on the fence with it. Despite being pretty violent, the MC’s personality is comically over the top (what I imagine Ainz Al Goown would be like if his human/player personality had remained dominant & same VA as Veldora from Reincarnated as a Slime with his trademark laugh).

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Skeleton Knight in Another World

Yeah, that's the one that made me decide to prioritize games this season.  I saw skeleton-head and decided that playing a game was the better entertainment value.  :D

That said, I do have Science Fell in Love and Ascendance of a Bookworm in my queue for post-season, and I kind of got sucked back in to Kaguya.  I've been hearing good things about Bofuri too so that's towards the top of my queue as well.  Other that that I don't see too much that really grabs my attention.  I mean, given unlimited time I might find something else I could enjoy, but who has that?  I tried the most recent Log Horizon but could not get into it.

Part of my problem is my thing is science fiction.  There's been none of that sort of anime for quite a while now, and the stuff that I might go back and re-watch are either locked behind an exclusivity deal or simply not available anywhere online.  (Not legally anyway.)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

A Couple of Cuckoos - yeah, this was an easy one-and-done for me 😅 Somehow managed to cram every harem trope imaginable into the first episode 😂

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

I rewatched "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" yesterday, it's an interesting story.

What would you do if you suddenly found you had the ability to jump back in time?
Well, High School student Makoto Konno has the perfect answer, she'll leap back to retake those tests and improve her grades and avoid a few personal mishaps, then she'll set about "helping" her friend's relationships. But she soon learns that meddling with the past the change the present isn't quite as easy as it seems and can lead to unintended and tragic consequences.

• Like 1

Started watching Tiger & Bunny to determine if season 2 was worth checking out. There are some similarities to One Punch Man & Super Crooks, but so far I’m liking this one better.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

A new episode of Dragon Maid just went up on Crunchyroll.

Also a series called The Last Summoner https://myanimelist.net/anime/41915/Zuihou_de_Zhaohuan_Shi which I know nothing about (though the harem tag makes me apprehensive as it’s the genre that’s aged the worst for me)

Will check them out when I get home tonight.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

6 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

A new episode of Dragon Maid just went up on Crunchyroll.

Also a series called The Last Summoner https://myanimelist.net/anime/41915/Zuihou_de_Zhaohuan_Shi which I know nothing about (though the harem tag makes me apprehensive as it’s the genre that’s aged the worst for me)

Will check them out when I get home tonight.

A new episode of Miss Kobayashi Dragon maid?! I am going to look it up right now.

I've just finished Madoka Magica and the movie.

The TV series is excellent.

The Rebellion move rather less so. I think they vastly overdid the surreal graphics (have they not heard the saying "less is more"?). I think it would have been a far better movie if they'd concentrated more on clearly telling the story rather than all the weird graphics. But I guess that's what happens when you let a production team go for maximum visual impact rather than story development. The term "style over substance" comes to mind.

I don't really see the point of the movie, unless it's extract a bit more cash from the franchise, because the TV series has quite a conclusive finale.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've just finished Madoka Magica and the movie.

The TV series is excellent.

The Rebellion move rather less so. I think they vastly overdid the surreal graphics (have they not heard the saying "less is more"?). I think it would have been a far better movie if they'd concentrated more on clearly telling the story rather than all the weird graphics. But I guess that's what happens when you let a production team go for maximum visual impact rather than story development. The term "style over substance" comes to mind.

I don't really see the point of the movie, unless it's extract a bit more cash from the franchise, because the TV series has quite a conclusive finale.

I think the film is a character story focused on Homura and her development exiting the true nature of her wish and why she made it. At least the second half. 

First half is more fan service. Through I do think being able to tell us about the characters personality without saying directly 'this is the angry one' was pretty smart. Using the animation and art to tell the story visually. 

The ending was originally planned to be more conclusive and less 'sequel baiting' however as it taken several years for them to tease a sequel I would really say the series has been milked overly that much. 

• Like 2

Just finished Kanon, I always enjoy watching this series because it has a good story and an interesting cast of characters. It tells quite a serious story but it's not without some amusing incidents and there's some really good banter between some of the characters, both in the dialogue and visually.

• Like 1