Jump to content

What anime are you watching now?


Optic
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Zila said:

I'm just starting this anime. Wish Beastars had the same animation style as BNA, maybe I would have considered it more enthusiastically. 🙃 

Beastars took itself more seriously. Being a Trigger series, BNA is more over-the-top fun. Definitely more entertaining IMO. The art style is more cartoonish, but matches it’s energetic tone.

 

Edited by Ohiotaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been queuing up stuff all season & this weekend I finally get to watch some of it.  Just finished Ascendance of a Bookworm  .  Got 8th Son and My Next Life as a Villainess lined up after that.

  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's kinda scary how fast I see people go through anime these days due to streaming lol. I'm part-way through a few shows right now (Soul Eater, Urusei Yatsura, JoJo), but I don't expect to be done with any of them for over a month.

With Urusei Yatsura I think I'm 90% through, a few episodes in on Soul Eater, and I'm about to start JoJo part 5 pretty soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, AlwaysSearching said:

It's kinda scary how fast I see people go through anime these days due to streaming lol. I'm part-way through a few shows right now (Soul Eater, Urusei Yatsura, JoJo), but I don't expect to be done with any of them for over a month.

With Urusei Yatsura I think I'm 90% through, a few episodes in on Soul Eater, and I'm about to start JoJo part 5 pretty soon.

A lot of shows are only 12 or 13 episodes long before you have to wait for a new season. My current deep dive is Inuyasha where I’m only up to around episode 25. On a bit of a pause with it while I scope out the new series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

A lot of shows are only 12 or 13 episodes long before you have to wait for a new season. My current deep dive is Inuyasha where I’m only up to around episode 25. On a bit of a pause with it while I scope out the new series.

YO THE NEW SERIES! Naruto was what hooked me as a kid, but Inuyasha was the first anime I ever saw. How do you like it so far?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AlwaysSearching said:

Naruto was what hooked me as a kid, but Inuyasha was the first anime I ever saw. How do you like it so far?

Enjoying it quite a bit. It’s a bit darker than I expected since most of my previous experience with Rumiko Takahashi was Ranna 1/2. The somewhat antagonistic relationship between Inuyasha/Kagome early on has some similarities to Ranma/Akane but actually makes sense as  part of the story here instead of just for laughs. Hope to finish it before the sequel premieres. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently rewatching Bokurano... I first watched it back in 2008 or so... was pretty impressed by it. Rewatching it now, the severe drop in animation quality makes me cringe so hard, it gets hard for me to focus on what's actually happening within the episode. 😓

And speaking of drop in quality; I didn't mind so much back then, but right now, I'm really disappointed that the anime took too many liberties with the story. Honestly, the way the manga was written and presented was just perfect. The complexities and dynamics between each character was just superb. However, I'm also a huge fan of Mohiro Kitoh, so maybe it's no wonder that I prefer his version of the story over anything else. 

It's still pretty cool to see Zearth move around, though. I kinda hope they will consider rebooting the series and strictly follow Kitoh-sensei's direction. For Naru Taru, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bingeing the 2nd season of High Score Girl on Netflix before my subscription runs out next week.

Edited by Ohiotaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

School Days 

I binge watched in one setting Chaos Head recently to see how terrible it supposedly is and now School Days is the next to watch to see how bad it supposedly is as well too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kino's Journey (the original) is incredible and has one of my all time favourite female leads in anime.

I'm trucking through Naruto personally, working my way through the last canon arc or the original series.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...