What anime are you watching now?

Just finished the first episode of Shadows House. Very Tim Burton-esque & definitely one I’m curious about.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what anime are you watching at the moment?   For me it's Psycho-Pass. I'm loving it so much! It's a Sci-Fi detective thriller but It's quite deep, alongside the depth and action of Ghost in the

I've really been watching this one for a few weeks, but most recently anyway, Net-juu no Susume. Basically it's about this woman who quits her job to become a NEET, and plays an MMO pretending to be a

I am actually re-watching an anime, called Kanon! (The 2006 version, not the older one.) It's so heart-breaking in places, and has made me very emotional even though it is my fourth or so time wa

Posted Images

Almost at the end of the first season of Gensoumaden Saiyuki. When I'm done with that I'll be moving on to Otogizoshi and Claymore. Also need to finish up a few shows I started ages ago like Yashahime and Black Clover 

Started watching the Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) recap specials as a refresher before going to see the Mugen Train movie friday evening.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Saw Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Train over the weekend. From an animation & soundtrack perspective an absolute spectacle & truly impressive. The story seemed a bit lacking though & I felt they laid on the melodrama a bit thick. Personally I felt season 1 had several moments with more emotional impact. Still a worthy follow up & if you plan to watch season 2 when it comes out you should watch the movie first.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I just started watching GTO; Great Teacher Onizuka. It aired in 1999-2000, and I'm loving it so much. An ex-gangster wants to become a teacher, and deals with his problem students in a wide array of questionable methods. Despite his tough demeanor, he believes all kids should have fun at school. 

It starts off really perv-ey and hilarious, but hes not a super terrible guy.

• Like 1

Since I was last on the forum:

Awaiting the second part of Attack on Titan, S4 now. 

On episode 9 of SK8 the Infinity.

Can't tell you how much I love the animated adaptation of the Way of the Househusband. Very funny! xD 

Had to force myself a bit to get through High-Rise Invasion. I wanted to stick it out and give it a chance but personally found it a chore. Not entirely terrible, great concept too. Executed poorly in the end but that's just my opinion.

Recently watched the third episode of Nomad: Megalo Box 2 and I'm already in love with it. Nice to see it break away from the Ashita no Joe homage in such a fresh way! 

Getting ready to watch Those Snow White Notes soon. Looks amazing. 😍

The Saints Magic Power is Omnipotent - this one’s pretty lowkey to the point I think a lot of people would be bored by it, but I’m actually enjoying it quite a bit. MC (Sei) is a modern day Japanese office lady who is summoned to a fantasy world to save it from catastrophe. Except 2 women arrive instead of just 1. The Prince abruptly declares the other woman to be the prophesied “Saint” and whisks her away to prepare for her role. Unfortunately they don’t have a way to send Sei back home, so she is declared an honored guest. Meaning she is treated courteously & has her needs met but isn’t actually expected to contribute in a meaningful way. Out of boredom she starts spending time in the castle library & gardens, leading her to study potions & magic. As her affinity for it grows, an increasing number of people become convinced that she is the actual “Saint”. Although Sei would just as soon stay out of the spotlight, her unwillingness to not help when she can makes it look like being drawn into the kingdom’s intrigues is inescapable.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Wow 1
Posted (edited)

86 - I’d recommend it to those impatiently waiting for the finale of AoT as it also deals with teenage soldiers dealing with the dehumanizing effects of war with a racial/class bigotry aspect to it. Has an Iron Blooded Orphans feel to it as well.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41457/86?q=86&cat=anime

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Been busy with work so I am just starting the new seasonal stuff. Going to probably watch Nagatoro first and 86 tonight. I read some of Nagatoro and 86 looks cool. I'm really hyped for it now after reading your post Ohayotaku. I LOVED IRON BLOOD. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 5 -  so funny that it took Sei this long to realize her life is like something out of an Otome game 😂 Still pretty chill, but betting on an attempted coup by the end.

Edited by Ohayotaku

I've been rewatching the Ghibli Studio movies which pretty much fits the weather, it's rainy and dark.

• Like 1

Mashiro no Oto.  I’m always a bit reluctant to watch stuff where the mc is supposed to be some sort of awesome performer.  Too often it doesn’t work and winds up being kinda cringeworthy.   This one does have some decent shamisen playing however.

Re-watching the classic Sailor Moon series, man. I forgot how relatable Usagi is. xD It's also way more witty than I recall.