Jump to content

What anime are you watching now?


Optic
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Not sure if I'm right but I think you only need to watch three episodes of the endless eight arc to understand the plot. However I am not sure what episodes are relevant and which episodes can be skipped. 

I've just checked and it seem like I only need to watch the first one, the second one and the last one. Good thing I don't need to watch all of them 😅.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I currently started to watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and all I can say is that maybe I just discovered my favorite anime of all time.

Maybe not of all time for me but I did enjoy it as well.  Enough that I went and bought the discs.  That's something of a rarity for me.  I stream a lot but not much gives me that "I gotta own that" kind of feeling.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I've just checked and it seem like I only need to watch the first one, the second one and the last one. Good thing I don't need to watch all of them 😅.

That sounds right, I wonder what processed them to make endless eight. From what the dubbed voice actors said they had to do the same lines over and over again for each new episode.

And they weren't allowed to deviate much from the script so I can only imagin the boredom of going to work to repeat what you did yesterday. 

It seemed nearly all involved believed the concept of Endless Eight was stupid. 

7 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Maybe not of all time for me but I did enjoy it as well.  Enough that I went and bought the discs.  That's something of a rarity for me. 

I usually buy the discs for shows I like. As for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I haven't watched it yet. I know of it, but I've only worked my way past episode six. 

I think I might just not be a huge SOL guy. For now Haruhi Suzumiya is on hold as I might come back and sit through it when my list clears up a little. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

It seemed nearly all involved believed the concept of Endless Eight was stupid.

I would not go so far as to say stupid.  There was a point to it after all.  But it was unnecessary to take it to such an extreme for story purposes IMHO.  I didn't used to binge-watch so much.  Back then I had more of a weekly realtime habit and happened to be watching the anime every week as it came out.  Let me tell you, well before the last episode  of that arc came out I was looking for the slightest hint that the next week was going to be different, for any small differences that could be leveraged to break out of the cycle.  Which was probably the point.  It was novel, meta, totally in context, and even fun in a way.  By the end of the arc the viewers are definitely in sync with the characters, deja-vu and all.  But I swear, if any anime ever tries that again I'm going to drop it for certain.  :D

 

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I would not go so far as to say stupid.  There was a point to it after all.  But it was unnecessary to take it to such an extreme for story purposes IMHO.  I didn't used to binge-watch so much.  Back then I had more of a weekly realtime habit and happened to be watching the anime every week as it came out.  Let me tell you, well before the last episode  of that arc came out I was looking for the slightest hint that the next week was going to be different, for any small differences that could be leveraged to break out of the cycle.  Which was probably the point.  It was novel, meta, totally in context, and even fun in a way.  By the end of the arc the viewers are definitely in sync with the characters, deja-vu and all.  But I swear, if any anime ever tries that again I'm going to drop it for certain.  :D

 

That's what I meant sorry, it wasn't that the arch was necassarily bad rather the execution the studio leadership choose was somthing most members of the cast and the production took fault with. 

I've only watched videos documenting the event, in those Doc's they give a good overview of the at time feeling of anime fans across various platforms; 4Chan and My Anime List are the most common were these comments came from. 

The amount of comments of anime fans losing there shit over Endless Eight was funny. Some of the comments are gold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Attack on Titan eps  .5A  &  .5B (OAD 4  & 5): No Regrets

How Levi first joined the Scouts & the role Erwin played in it. A perfect illustration of everything that made the 1st season something special.

Edited by Ohayotaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

The amount of comments of anime fans losing there shit over Endless Eight was funny. Some of the comments are gold. 

Lol I totally understand because when I first search the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya all I could see were comments of people from 4chan and Twitter dying inside 🤣.

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

I really need to watch the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, its been on my list for over a year.

Problem is...
anime-confused-gif-12.gif
It keeps getting bigger

Haha I totally understand. I am currently watching 20 plus anime and I'm planning to watch over 100 of them.. I'm in despair.

 

Please HELP.

Also I'm currently watching Ichigo 100% in parallel with Haruhi suzumiya. It's a really good show. I recommend it definitely to anyone.

840543E5-19A1-48EB-A7D2-89F1A967A42E.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished the final ep (for now) of The Faraway Paladin. Despite the 2nd half of the season feeling a bit lacking, I thought it ended fairly strong & will definitely check out season 2 when it airs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished the last of the Attack on Titan OADs (Lost Girls) last night, so guess I’m ready for the beginning of the end tomorrow 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finishing up 7 Deadly sins (Dragon’s Judgment & Cursed by Light) while finalizing my seasonal watch roster (trying to keep it under 15 so I can check off some PTW series)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now I'm watching One Piece, Boruto, Jujutsu Kaisen, Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 and Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen

On my "to watch list" are Akudama Drive and Fumetsu no Anata e

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently re-watching 3-gatsu no lion also know as march come in like a lion and to summarize my experience so far... I'm crying like a baby. I've never relate to a main character so much in my entire life. My childhood friend recommended it to me a while back but I was still in elementary school and I didn't understand very well what was happening honestly. But now that I'm older and more mature (you could question that) I finally understand the feelings Kiriyama Rei feels since is story resemble my childhood a little bit. just to say even if I've only watch 4 episodes I would give this anime a 10/10 and would recommend it if you have not watched it already. just give it a try and you will see if you like it or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...