Jump to content

What anime are you watching now?


Optic
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just watched Sound! Euphonium again. Nice little Slice-of-Life series about a high school concert band and their aim to enter a band competition. As is so often the case with this type of series it's the characters and the interactions between them that make the series so enjoyable to watch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Just watched Sound! Euphonium again. Nice little Slice-of-Life series about a high school concert band and their aim to enter a band competition. As is so often the case with this type of series it's the characters and the interactions between them that make the series so enjoyable to watch.

I might need to give that a watch...I was in choir in HS and still sing at my church. Band and choir are relatives...so-to-speak. Lol RN I'm watching Trigun.

Edited by Otaking66lives
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2022 at 6:53 PM, Ohayotaku said:

Started watching The Devil is a Part-Timer since there’s supposed to be a season 2 later this year.

I’m surprised that there’s an actual plot as my thought going into it was that it was mainly comedy. There’s that too, of course, mostly banter driven.

Edited by Ohayotaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My friend came round today and we watched all 14 episodes of the Violet Evergarden TV series.

It's an excellent series, and even more impressive when watched all at once rather than spread out over a few days which really enables you to appreciate the quality of the story, artwork and animation.  Kyoto Animation are of course the masters of producing stories that leave their viewers with wet eyes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really really behind on a lot of anime 😅. I'm on episode 13 or 14, season 3 of Attack on Titan, only watched a few episodes of Juju Kaisen, still on season 3 of My Hero Academia and I just started Love Is War. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got back into watching The Demon Girl Nextdoor’s 2nd season. Pretty entertaining but kind of annoying to have to keep pausing since there’s a lot of onscreen text.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, viruxx said:

Just finished watching Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro.

Might give Spy x Family a go next.

High recommend on Spy x Family :D

Good fun, surprisingly good comedy, watching the characters react to different situations is great 👍

However... would you recommend DTWM Nagatoro? It looks kinda... fetishy/fan servicey at a glance

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlwaysSearching said:

However... would you recommend DTWM Nagatoro? It looks kinda... fetishy/fan servicey at a glance

I actually enjoyed it. There are a couple of ecchi moments, but it's nothing too over the top. Nagatoro really enjoys teasing senpai, but it's not from a place of malice. She absolutely takes delight in making him uncomfortable by saying rather suggestive things, and then throwing it back at him by saying "You're such a perv, senpai!", but once in a while she slips up and it backfires on her in a spectacular fashion.

IMHO it's worth a look. Hope you enjoy it if you decide to. 😃

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AlwaysSearching said:

However... would you recommend DTWM Nagatoro? It looks kinda... fetishy/fan servicey at a glance

Just to add my 2 cents to @viruxx comments. Nagatoro actually does come across as pretty mean in the first ep. But as the series progresses it becomes clearer she really does like senpai and gets almost as flustered as him except she’s better at hiding it. By the time the season was over I actually felt they were a cute couple, even though a certain level of lewdness persists throughout. So depending on how sensitive you are to that sort of thing, it may not be for you. One of my faves from last year & glad it’s getting a 2nd season.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, viruxx said:

IMHO it's worth a look. Hope you enjoy it if you decide to. 😃

 

52 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

By the time the season was over I actually felt they were a cute couple, even though a certain level of lewdness persists throughout. So depending on how sensitive you are to that sort of thing, it may not be for you.

All this considered it kinda feels like something I might end up watching... but like STRICTLY in private lol. I dont wanna have to answer to people that think I'm legit watching hentai, its just easier that way 👍

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, AlwaysSearching said:

 

All this considered it kinda feels like something I might end up watching... but like STRICTLY in private lol. I dont wanna have to answer to people that think I'm legit watching hentai, its just easier that way 👍

I’d probably put it on the same level as My Dress-up Darling (maybe a bit more), but not on the level of Highschool DxD, How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord, Shimoneta, Sekirei, Freezing, etc. 

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, AlwaysSearching said:

High recommend on Spy x Family :D

Good fun, surprisingly good comedy, watching the characters react to different situations is great 👍

Just finished watching the second episode..... that marriage proposal was the most BADASS proposal I've ever seen in my life!

  • Love it! (Daisuki) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, viruxx said:

Just finished watching the second episode..... that marriage proposal was the most BADASS proposal I've ever seen in my life!

YOOOOOO! That's what I'm saying! I'm so jealous that you get to experience the next few episodes for the first time lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, viruxx said:

Just finished watching the second episode..... that marriage proposal was the most BADASS proposal I've ever seen in my life!

I totally agree! Spy x family is one my favorite from this season

  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...