GATE: Episode 1 Discussion

drill

The first episode was pretty good. I was glad they focused more on his military side rather than his otaku side. I'm guessing the commander gets killed since the synopsis says that Youji leads the group.

After watching episode one of Gate, I am looking forward to episode two. The theme music was amazing… I loved it. I thought the appearance of the Gate was executed nicely and it was certainly fancier than I had imagined. I’m a little curious about how he saw those three girls in his vision after he walked into the pole since they are all main characters. I’m kind of wondering if there is some connection with this other world and the game that Youji is obsessed with. Speaking of that, I kind of dislike the fact that Youji only works to support his hobby. Sure having a hobby is good but it shouldn’t be your reason for living. I really like that they focus on the military side of the story. As for my favorite character….it’s probably going to be the gothic girl even though we’ve barely seen footage of her. The ending theme music was almost as good as the opening theme. I can honestly say I’m looking forward to episode two.

Well lets see...

Gunships against dragons.. @_@

Modern infantry against swordsmen.. :o

Youji becoming a military Lieutenant for his heroic efforts in his vain attempt to save the Doujinshi event. >_<

gate-doujinshi-event.thumb.jpg.251cf7231a248d6f7c49bb1689741495.jpg

Overall I like it! Next episode should be very entertaining.

Also, I completely ship the MC and elf girl...

This one? ;) She does look quite cute. Wonder when they'll meet.

gate-blonde-elf.thumb.jpg.fc662ecab37b6b8f3e9fdfb2d682bee8.jpg

• Geano locked this topic