Anime discussion revamp - Update

Optic

Hello everyone,

This is an update regarding the anime discussion revamp project. I set aside 48 hours to work on this and due to a slight hiccup, that has now elapsed. Rather than keep Anime Forums closed any longer past the 48 hour mark, I decided to reopen it. With this in mind, things are a little messy, and I do apologise in advance for that. But I will be working diligently this coming week to finish this as soon as possible.

Whilst a good portion of the revamp was complete there are still:

• Just over 100 anime forums that need to be migrated and created.
  • Associated threads still need to be split - most of the Currently Airing titles have been done for this aspect.
  • 78 anime listing reviews to archive into their dedicated anime forums when they're ready.

• Help pages to be updated to reflect the new changes.

For previous background and reasons for the revamp see these threads:

1. Upcoming change - Anime discussion threads
  2. Scheduled downtime for revamp

What's new?

Anime forum changes

cat1.thumb.jpg.f92c1e6d55444659a73a853f2ae50849.jpg

Anime categories have been changed to:

• Currently Airing: same as before.
  • Popular Titles: this is a selection of anime titles that are popular, not necessarily an indicator of a masterpiece but popularity - a good chance it is well known by any anime fan. This is of course open to feedback, and will fluctuate over time.
  • More Titles: this is a selection of older titles that will cycle based on how active they are.
  • Everything Else: the remaining anime titles are tucked/cycled in here.

Clicking on one of these sections will bring up the list of anime titles for that section:

cat2.thumb.jpg.42d9f67ebc3856777f801f2027f64043.jpg

Clicking an anime title will bring you to its dedicated forum:

cat3.thumb.jpg.2950a690e485129b0b78d9d84228da04.jpg

Here you can give a rating for the anime title out of 5 stars.

Below the heading you can then find another sub-forum for the episode discussions (Based on Seasons) and below that, your usual thread list for general discussion related to the anime title.

Anime episode threads

Threadmarks are in the process of being removed, and all episode related discussion that were in the old single threads are being SPLIT and moved into new episode threads.

When you're inside an episode thread you will see something like this:

cat4.thumb.jpg.425ba97c303294a0fc8af2f0ab9ad4cc.jpg

The first post MAY contain a screenshot and summary (bonuses). Now I say MAY because this information is drawn automatically from the community database: The Movie Database TV (TMDb). This is a database that I've been contributing to recently to assist with seasons, episode names and air dates along with any missing screenshots and posters.

You can also rate an episode out of 5 stars here too.

Discussion for the episode takes place as normal, like a normal thread and will appear below the first post.

I am eager to hear any feedback on the presentation of these sections.

Will write another update when more progress is done on the revamp in the coming days. Thanks for your patience!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I like the idea of the new update but it will take a little getting use too. It will be good for the people who don't wanna read spoilers.

I do have a couple of questions. Some of the older anime threads wont let me post in them? If we want to post about an upcoming series that hasn't aired yet do we post in in the general discussion?

Thanks for all your hard work again Optic. I appreciate the effort you put in on this nice forum for us all to post on. (y)

• Like 1

I do have a couple of questions. Some of the older anime threads wont let me post in them? If we want to post about an upcoming series that hasn't aired yet do we post in in the general discussion?

Ah sorry about that, now fixed. You should now be able to post inside those threads again in the To Be Processed/Upcoming section.

For upcoming series, if you could also post them in there too that would be great too, thanks! Of course a separate forum would then be created as soon as it starts airing or when it gets close to the air date. :)

• Informative 1

Ah sorry about that, now fixed. You should now be able to post inside those threads again in the To Be Processed/Upcoming section.

For upcoming series, if you could also post them in there too that would be great too, thanks! Of course a separate forum would then be created as soon as it starts airing or when it gets close to the air date. :)

Thanks for the fix and info optic! Spring season is right around the corner and I wasn't sure where to post the threads. :P