Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Ryuji

sunmoon2.jpg.9bd42f98b5378f58db9ef5a5bcac3996.jpg

For those of you who may not know, Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon were revealed during the Pokemon Direct on February 26. Not much is known other than they are coming out at the end of the year. We don't even have the starters/box legends for them yet.

• Friendly 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty excited for it. A lot of ppl hated Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire but I thought they were pretty good remakes.

I don't know a single person who hated ORAS.

I'm beyond psyched for Sun/Moon. I hope we get the starters soon!

• Friendly 1

I don't know a single person who hated ORAS.

me neither.... How can you even hate ORAS, you get to go on a freakin trip in space :P

I'm beyond psyched for Sun/Moon. I hope we get the starters soon!

Are you dancing half naked in your room? Yeah, I bet you do :P I'm growing more and more impatient about them, too (although I still believe the names could use a bit more imagination :P ). I found XY a tad bit boring during the parts where you fight team what's-their-name-I-forgot-cause-they-were-so-unimportant, so I'm hoping for better villains this time. I also REALLY hope they're gonna add customisation options like in XY (and man, I so want clothes shops again, it was so much fun xD).

Edited by Guest

Are you dancing half naked in your room?

Um...Bunny.....how I celebrate is my own business xP

I also REALLY hope they're gonna add customisation options like in XY (and man, I so want clothes shops again, it was so much fun xD).

I need this so much. I also need the ability to TAKE OFF THE HAT!!!!

I would also like a wider variety of clothes.

I need this so much. I also need the ability to TAKE OFF THE HAT!!!!

I would also like a wider variety of clothes.

True.... sometimes you need to let your fabulous hair wave in the wind..... but but a pokemon trainer without a hat loses their prestige xD (sorry, I know how you feel, I hate hats myself and never ever wear them :P )

More clothes are definately needed, as well as different styles. I'd also love it if they had an option to choose the character's build, much like in Awekening. All the chars, other than those in BW look far too childish, and honestly, it annoys me a lot. They added different skin colors in XY so what I'm asking is not that weird ._. A full customisation menu would be so freakin great but I may be asking for too much here....

• Agree 1

I haven't really dived into the Pokemon games since X/Y. In almost all the games, I've found the Male/Female trainer outfits for the trainers you play to be very... uninspiring. The only outfit I really liked was May's one back in Ruby/Sapphire! And that was for a remake of the old Red/Blue games from memory.

Therefore I do agree with both @Ryuji and @Evil Bunny of Doom that more individual outfit customisation would be a very welcome addition. :)

Edited by Guest

I've found the Male/Female trainer outfits for the trainers you play to be very... uninspiring.

I have to agree with that. The only ones I liked were those in BW. I could go on for hours about how little effort is being put in designing them :P Whoever is in charge of character designs neeeds to understand we need appropriate clothing XP

I haven't really dived into the Pokemon games since X/Y. In almost all the games, I've found the Male/Female trainer outfits for the trainers you play to be very... uninspiring. The only outfit I really liked was May's one back in Ruby/Sapphire! And that was for a remake of the old Red/Blue games from memory.

Therefore I do agree with both @Ryuji and @Evil Bunny of Doom that more individual outfit customisation would be a very welcome addition. :)

Ruby/Sapphire were not remakes of Red/Blue.

Gen I - Red/Blue Green Yellow

Gen II - Gold/Silver Crystal

Gen III - Ruby/Sapphire FireRed/LeafGreen (These two were the remakes of Red/Green) Emerald

Gen IV - Diamond/Pearl Platinum HeartGold/SoulSilver (remakes of Gold/Silver)

Gen V - Black/White Black2/White2

Gen VI - X/Y OR/AS

Gen VII - Sun/Moon

XY had some good options...but not until you unlocked the boutique in Lumiose City and even then...the outfits were outrageously expensive. (thank goodness for that 1/2 off coupon they gave us )

Edited by Guest

Also, while this month's CoroCoro didn't reveal anything new about Sun/Moon, it did say that the next issue will have information on the games. April's CoroCoro comes out on April 15 so we'll probably get leaks from it around Arpril 11...so in other words, unless Nintendo decides to give us some random announcement with details, we've got to wait another month before we'll know anything.

Hello, I'm usually lurking on the Digimon side of this forum, you can probably guess by the avatar, however saw the title and gravitated towards this thread :D!

I actually know someone who, well I wouldn't say hated, more so disappointed with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, due to the lack of post-game content, I mean you do Episode Delta, but after that..., what's left?

In some sense, you could say that's an actual question, I've yet to complete ORAS, I started it on day one (28th November for us in the UK), but then stopped and resumed my playthrough of Virtue's Last Reward!

I would say "catch'em all" is the post-game, but in the day and age of "gotta trade'em all", I can see that might not be the case anymore, still for me, an old guard, "catch'em all" is still the case, given that I missed out Generation IV (due to lack of money), I'm still playing catch up with the new ways you can trade, so not done any global trading, outside Wonder Trade!

I also found out that the post-game hunt for Lati@s no longer happens, which is a shame, partly, although hunting down Latias with a Level 27 Wobbufett (Ability: Shadow Tag) made things alot easier!

I quite liked the remake, the music was pretty much untouched in my opinion, which was great, I mean I've heard HeartGold/SoulSilver's soundtrack, and I thought, that GB soundcard that you get in HG/SS won't come soon enough!

It's a shame that Generation VI did away with character sprites in battle, because I would have still liked the Gym Leaders and Elite Four to feature in battle, especially when they cut-in the battle, as they did! Also unhappy with the monstrousity that is now Mauville, but that's an easy fix, don't go there :D!

Would have liked it if it had taken more elements from Emerald, such as the Battle Frontier, I mean wasn't HG/SS take quite a number of elements from Crystal?

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

• 2 weeks later...

It has been confirmed that in the episode of Gathering at the Pokémon House, the variety show that airs in Japan every Sunday, that airs on April 3rd, series Director Junichi Masuda will be on, alongside battle director Shigeki Morimoto and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire game director Shigeru Ohmori and will talk about the new games, presumably Pokémon Sun & Moon and will feature the first TV aired footage. It is not known if the footage will be released officially on the Internet beforehand.

All I want for Pokemon Sun and Moon is to have BW2's hard difficulty mode.

I would like that Hard mode to be available at the BEGINNING of the game.

• Like 1

That's true, my only gripes with XY is that gym leaders having 3 pokemons. Level wise, XY had good level curve but ruined with gym leaders having 3 pokemon and E4 having 4 pokemon.

I miss the days of Gym Leaders actually being a challenge and having 5-6 Pokemon. I mean...if the gym leaders can only have three Pokemon, the game needs to limit the player to 3 for the battle. That would make it more fun to me.

I miss the days of Gym Leaders actually being a challenge and having 5-6 Pokemon. I mean...if the gym leaders can only have three Pokemon, the game needs to limit the player to 3 for the battle. That would make it more fun to me.

Yep, a limit of 3 pokemon (or whatever the gym leader has) is a good way to give more challenge and it will mirror the anime gym battling rules.

• Like 1

I try to have fair Pokémon battles with all my opponents, even going so far as to use moves that aren't "super effective", unless the only other moves I'm using are "not very effective", or if their Pokémon have the type advantage!

On the subject of customisation, it was sad that it was absent in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I remember a user on YouTube (giancarloparimango11), and his "theories" regarding the upcoming games, along with thoughts when actual information had been released!

My GooglePlus avatar (see below) came from one of the images featured in his videos (fanart of May), I also ended up uploading some other images from his videos onto my GooglePlus account (some required quite a bit of internet searching to find), which included a fanart of Roxanne and trainer customisation!

1382487951034.png.6658f550551f9ac9b53edd06aec93562.png

I would have liked it if a "Sapphire" variation of the trainer costumes was available, given we've had "Ruby" and "Emerald" variations; in Pokémon Adventure, Sapphire does wear a blue version of her outfit, at one point! Need to find time, and upload some more Pokémon images onto my GooglePlus account, still "missing" images for a couple of characters!

I actually thought the actual remake costume for May was quite cute, actually reminded me of Shauna (X/Y), however I would have liked a dress-up option! Almost thought there might have been, as I recently stumbled across the fact that there are key items by the name of "Aqua Suit" and "Magma Suit", I got excited, but then found out they were spacesuits, which I'm guessing are once use only!

Actually put some thoughts about Sun and Moon on the Pokémon Series topic, just wondering if I should re-post those thoughts here!

I try to have fair Pokémon battles with all my opponents, even going so far as to use moves that aren't "super effective", unless the only other moves I'm using are "not very effective", or if their Pokémon have the type advantage!

On the subject of customisation, it was sad that it was absent in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I remember a user on YouTube (giancarloparimango11), and his "theories" regarding the upcoming games, along with thoughts when actual information had been released!

My GooglePlus avatar (see below) came from one of the images featured in his videos (fanart of May), I also ended up uploading some other images from his videos onto my GooglePlus account (some required quite a bit of internet searching to find), which included a fanart of Roxanne and trainer customisation!

1382487951034.png.6f057d04bbfbf1726eb3a0de5203550e.png

I would have liked it if a "Sapphire" variation of the trainer costumes was available, given we've had "Ruby" and "Emerald" variations; in Pokémon Adventure, Sapphire does wear a blue version of her outfit, at one point! Need to find time, and upload some more Pokémon images onto my GooglePlus account, still "missing" images for a couple of characters!

I actually thought the actual remake costume for May was quite cute, actually reminded me of Shauna (X/Y), however I would have liked a dress-up option! Almost thought there might have been, as I recently stumbled across the fact that there are key items by the name of "Aqua Suit" and "Magma Suit", I got excited, but then found out they were spacesuits, which I'm guessing are once use only!

Actually put some thoughts about Sun and Moon on the Pokémon Series topic, just wondering if I should re-post those thoughts here!

To be fair Pokemon games were never that hard, the "difficulty" that played generation 1 was because pokemon was a brand new game and everyone was just figuring out what type beats what. Re-playing Blue on my 3DS and the game was nothing but a breeze since I been a competitive player since GSC and just recently stopped to just enjoy the games because breeding perfect 'mons literally gives me no more joy.

It also doesn't help that when Gamefreak actually made the world interesting like Sinnoh's mt cornet, everyone complained it was hard and easy to get lost and now? We get a baby mode cave. If you ever go to Pokecommunity or any other pokemon fansite, many agrees that Cynthia is the hardest champion, because her team is what Champion team should look like, powerful and hard to beat pokemon. Going un-prepare against Cynthia means death to her Garchomp.

The reason people complain now is because trainers literally have 3 pokemons. A game that was never truly difficult was even more dumb down. That's one of the reason people are afraid of whats going to happen in SM, with Matsuda keep going on about making the game easier for kids, it just screams that we are going to get the same style of X/Y. While X/Y had the highest level of e4/champion, there lack of pokemons made them far easier than they should be. I mean BW had you facing against an underlevel Hydreigon which was just plain cheating but it was fun because it was challenging since you don't expect it.

The Hard mode just adds level + pokemon on to the trainers which was great and thats why BW2 was fun to replay. If they really need to put a easy mode, then give us a "hard" mode which boost trainer's level and add extra pokemon to their roster. They done it before, and they shouldn't have taken it away but should have improved on it.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn25hijDL7c

Honestly, I'm disappointed with the new starters AND legendaries (especially legendaries)... each gen gets worse.... I've seen fan made pokes better than those. The region, however looks pretty cool... although I miss the days when pokemon was 2D

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/05/10/the-internet-reacts-to-pokemon-sun-and-moons-starters

It's not too late to be an April Fool's is it ;)? Interestingly enough, I was looking at 2014 April Fool's just now!

I know what you mean; Pokémon, don't make me unfriend you, like I did with Star Wars, and they were both VIIs, one Generation VII, and the other Episode VII - wait, does that mean I won't like Final Fantasy VII, when I finally get round to playing it!?

That said, Rowlet looks alright, however Litten, is Game Freak jumping on the meme bandwagon (Grumpy Cat), and Popplio, just "no!"; the name "Litten" reminds me of either of a famous person or character, however although some names come up, searching "Litten" or "Litton", nothing that seems "right" springs to mind!

I like the new female protagonist, the more accurate scaling, and the region, definitely not England, so unfortunately Game Freak haven't stolen my idea ;), but a tropical region, kinda Pokémon meets Final Fantasy X!

Actually, given that these games, and Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby both have a tropical theme, will this be the first region since Generation II, where we can travel to a previous region? Probably not, but just a thought!

Wait, Chuck, when did you become a region professor? What happened to your Gym in Johto ;)?

That said, given that May/Brendan (whomever is selected as the protagonist) and Valerie (X/Y) all left Johto for other regions, perhaps there's something wrong with Johto ;)!

Also, Jasmine is always skiving off in Sinnoh, and Falkner is having a father-off with Janine in Kanto (Celadon Department Store), whilst Whitney and the rest will speed their way as quickly as possible to Saffron City for a re-match, honestly, Johto seems like a truly detested region ;)!

Wait, what's a Digimon (SaberLeomon) doing in Pokémon? And what the hell is Moon's legendary? That said, I feel it kinda looks like it could have been related to Noivern, also obviously shouldn't be!

So did they design the Legendaries before the logos, or vice versa? Given the logos first appeared before the Legendaries, I guess it's the latter, is this where someone when "fudge it, that (Moon Legendary) will do!"?

YOU WHAT!? WHAT THE FUDGE IS IT WITH NINTENDO EUROPE?

WORLD WIDE RELEASE 18TH NOVEMBER, EXCEPT EUROPE, WHERE THE GAMES WILL BE RELEASED 23RD NOVEMBER!!

Surely you can get with the program, after doing this once (or is it twice?) already now! If you need five more days to shove extra languages in, work five times harder! You're making me feel like I moving country (well, continent) to get away from you, or perhaps just getting a 3DS from another region!

Can you hack 3DS to believe that they're a different region? Or have I gotta buy another one?

Wait, the Alola region? You're not even trying to name things anymore are you Game Freak? Too busy counting your money to name things anymore?

Apparently Trainer Customisation will be back, in some capacity, and Magearna's not bad, "she" kinda looks like Diancie!

Wow, this news has made me rage so much!

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

It's not too late to be an April Fool's is it ;)?

it is unfortunately....

I know what you mean; Pokémon, don't make me unfriend you, like I did with Star Wars, and they were both VIIs, one Generation VII, and the other Episode VII

I dunno about SW but Pokemon has me on the verge of unfriending as well tbh... After 2 disappointments (X/Y and Gates to Infinity) I'm really worried this might be the final blow.... All I can wait for now are Gen IV remakes....

[quote="senshikoi, post: 21812, member: 699"

That said, Rowlet looks alright, however Litten, is Game Freak jumping on the meme bandwagon (Grumpy Cat), and Popplio, just "no!"

now that you mention it, Litten does look like grumpy cat xD Popplio reminds me of a toy I had when I was young.... for some reason it's not a pleasant memory...

I like the new female protagonist, the more accurate scaling, and the region, definitely not England, so unfortunately Game Freak haven't stolen my idea ;), but a tropical region, kinda Pokémon meets Final Fantasy X!

I don't like either of the protagonists tbh... after gen V everyone else is just not enough... The region is probs the only thing I like till now, I think it's inspired from Hawaii (hence the name Alola which sounds similar to Aloha,only stupider)

Wait, what's a Digimon (SaberLeomon) doing in Pokémon? And what the hell is Moon's legendary? That said, I feel it kinda looks like it could have been related to Noivern, also obviously shouldn't be!

they both look like digimon imo.... moon legendary is an epic fail tho and I'll hate myself because I'll HAVE to get moon version (cause I've hated the sun since I first saw it...no, I don't mean the pokemon, I mean that gigiantic flaming orb in the sky)

YOU WHAT!? WHAT THE FUDGE IS IT WITH NINTENDO EUROPE?

WORLD WIDE RELEASE 18TH NOVEMBER, EXCEPT EUROPE, WHERE THE GAMES WILL BE RELEASED 23RD NOVEMBER!!

seriously? I missed that TINY detail -_- wtf????

Wait, the Alola region? You're not even trying to name things anymore are you Game Freak? Too busy counting your money to name things anymore?

Alolalola

Alomomola

Alolalomomola

Alolalolalomomomomola

I don't even know why I did this xD

Wow, this news has made me rage so much!

same :/

I dunno about SW but Pokemon has me on the verge of unfriending as well tbh... After 2 disappointments (X/Y and Gates to Infinity) I'm really worried this might be the final blow.... All I can wait for now are Gen IV remakes....

I'm probably still going to play Sun and Moon, to be honest, even though they look terrible, in parts, same as I will watch Episode VIII, even though Episode VII was terrible in all parts! I actually say if two rumours floating about the net become true, I'm leaving the series (Star Wars), although I won't, but it will be like Disney is continually poking me with a stick, as I balance dangerously close to the edge of a cliff!

[spoiler=Those two rumours]First is that the planet Luke went to, the home of the first Jedi Temple, is Earth, not only will this mean that Disney is linking the Star Wars universe to our own, it also makes a paradox, we were inspired by Star Wars to make Jedi a religion, and then that religion somehow slipped back in time, to a galaxy far, far away!

Second is that Luke is Rey's father, totally unimaginative, means that Anakin's Lightsabre has been the property of three Skywalkers, and that the only people that appear to matter in the Star Wars universe is either called Skywalker or Solo - this was something Razorfist brought up in his rant, which I quite agree with!

There's other things that annoy me about Episode VII, which include the fact they weren't going to copy Lucas, and yet they've given us Episode IV, with bits of Episode V in it! At somepoint, I'm going to list everything I find wrong with it, just need to find the time to do it!

I don't like either of the protagonists tbh... after gen V everyone else is just not enough... The region is probs the only thing I like till now, I think it's inspired from Hawaii (hence the name Alola which sounds similar to Aloha,only stupider)

Well X/Y tried to give you the option of customising your character, so that might explain why it wasn't enough, as you said, although are you also referring to May and Brendan in Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby too?

I thought May looked quite cute, although I think I might know some people who might agree on my Google+ account, when I posted a couple of concept pictures around the time the real designs were revealed!

The reason why Generation VII protagonists are "not enough" again, is because customisation is back, in some form!

they both look like digimon imo.... moon legendary is an epic fail tho and I'll hate myself because I'll HAVE to get moon version (cause I've hated the sun since I first saw it...no, I don't mean the pokemon, I mean that gigiantic flaming orb in the sky)

Rage against the sun ;)! I'll probably get Sun, to be honest, I usually go for the first of the pair, except with Blue, Sapphire, LeafGreen, AlphaSapphire; not played Generation IV yet, although I also did have a bootleg Silver, before I got Gold, also, I might go White2, instead of Black2, given that I went with Black!

seriously? I missed that TINY detail -_- wtf????

You also from Europe then? It wasn't on the trailer, but when I went on Bulbapedia, I found that bit of information!

I actually wonder if Australia and New Zealand are affected, as although they don't need the extra languages, sometimes European and Australian/New Zealand releases are linked, quite often they even get the better exclusives, and we get their hand-me-downs!

Alolalola

Alomomola

Alolalomomola

Alolalolalomomomomola

I don't even know why I did this X

Wait, Alomomola, are you saying that this is their native region!? Mind blown!

Edited by Guest