Should Angel Beats have been longer than 13 episodes?

Optic

Should Angel Beats have been longer than 13 episodes?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should Angel Beats have been longer than 13 episodes?

• Yes YES YES YES YES!
    • No - it's fine the way it is.

Angel Beats has a really special place in my heart, because it was the first anime I watched after taking a long hiatus in anime during my university years. After watching Angel Beats that really pushed my interest in watching other anime titles, with Steins;gate being my next title. :P

Anyway, I felt Angel Beats had a REALLY touching and emotional ending, BUT I was always left with that feeling of wanting more. A good number of the SSS main characters had great background story episodes on how they came to be in the Afterlife. Iwasama's one was great, Otonashi and Yuri of course were major ones too.

But where was Shiina's story? And several other ones? xD

Do you think they should've made Angel Beats longer than 13 episodes?

I think so, for the main reason of wanting to explore more of the other characters without affecting the main ones.

I mean seriously look at all the SSS members, lots of potential there:

angel-beats-photo-cast.thumb.jpg.7774386a298538eff29fb46e03eb4ca8.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
Angel Beats has a really special place in my heart, because it was the first anime I watched after taking a long hiatus in anime during my university years. After watching Angel Beats that really pushed my interest in watching other anime titles, with Steins;gate being my next title. :P

Anyway, I felt Angel Beats had a REALLY touching and emotional ending, BUT I was always left with that feeling of wanting more. A good number of the SSS main characters had great background story episodes on how they came to be in the Afterlife. Iwasama's one was great, Otonashi and Yuri of course were major ones too.

But where was Shiina's story? And several other ones? xD

Do you think they should've made Angel Beats longer than 13 episodes?

I think so, for the main reason of wanting to explore more of the other characters without affecting the main ones.

I mean seriously look at all the SSS members, lots of potential there:

[ATTACH=full]26122[/ATTACH]

Funny, we can get a show like Naruto that will last years longer than it needs to, but an anime that I actually adore only gets a one-hit-wonder.

But I just finished this a couple days ago and I literally started bawling 'cause of how sad the ending was. I fell in love with Angel/Kenade instantly, especially after we got to hear her talk and got to know her more. She's just so adorable and was a badass. I liked how her and Otonashi had a little romance there at the end but oh my god the feels.

I just wanted to go over there and hug Kenade forever. And Yui was really cute and funny too haha. I can't believe this only had 13 episodes. This anime actually made me look up the voice actors and see who played Kenade and what other parts she plays in, so now I got to watch those!

Also can we all take a moment for the last very few seconds of the ending, before and after. :'(<3

• Geano locked this topic