Spring 2016 - Upcoming Anime Discussion

Optic

As the end of March approaches, the next season of anime for Spring 2016 is coming around the corner:

(Or Autumn, if you're in the Southern Hemisphere like me in Australia xD)

anichart-spring-2016.thumb.jpg.d0ec3e4df59634c5fb2e3eddab73f482.jpg

Titles that have caught my eye so far:

• Kuromukuro: I'm a sucker for mecha. But this one is by P.A. Works, and I've been really happy with their releases. Another, Angel Beats, Charlotte...

• Joker Game: this sounds pretty interesting, set in 1937 before WW2 around an army intelligence group called D Agency. Sounds like a good opportunity for lots of action and interesting missions. I'm also a huge fan of Production I.G. too.

• Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2: will Ayato and Julis finally kiss? (o^.^o) *cough* I mean win the Festa... looking forward to more battles and harem teasing. >_<

• Kidou Senshi Gundam RE: 0096 - thought this was a new Gundam series then saw it's just a TV rebroadcast of the Unicorn OVAs. But I may re-watch as it was really solid. Curious if they made any changes for broadcast.

• Gyakuten Saiban: adaptation of Ace Attorney VN. Could be interesting, though I'm not familiar with the source material.

[FLOAT_RIGHT]:ram:[/FLOAT_RIGHT]

What titles are you looking forward to seeing?

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

Honestly, not much really caught my eye, but there is some:

• Under The Dog - It's crowdfunded, and they got a really good amount to spend producing. They also have the director of Sword of The Stranger directing the show, meaning that the action sequences are going to be fire.
  • Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - Don't know what this is about. Had "industrial revolution" in the desc. so I guess that means it's good.
  • Re: Zero TL;DW show - I read the manga adaptation up til whatever was the latest chapter scanlated, and it's pretty good so yeah.
  • Sword Gai - Looks pretty interesting. Don't know anything about it though.

• Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2: will Ayato and Julis finally kiss? (o^.^o) *cough* I mean win the Festa... looking forward to more battles and harem teasing. >_<

• Um....excuse me? Don't you mean when Ayato and Kirin kiss? Ayato x Kirin <3

• Gyakuten Saiban: adaptation of Ace Attorney VN. Could be interesting, though I'm not familiar with the source material.

I've played the Ace Attorney games and if the anime is as good as the videogames, it's going to be extraordinary.

As for what I'm watching next season, it'll be:

1) Asterisk War 2

2) Assassination Classroom 2 (Winter leftovers)

3) Gyakuten Saiban

4) Mayoiga

5) Bungou Stray Dogs

6) Hai Furi

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the upcoming new Spring 2016 season :)

Especially the return of Sailor Moon Crystal and The Asterisk War :)

There are at least 5 other series that I will definitely be checking out too :)

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to NOT watch many anime this season due to lack of time (I'll freak out if I start watching like 15 -_- ) so I'll go with Boku no Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri and ofc the new Hakuoki anime :D I'm also not sure about the Ace Attorney adaptation and Endride, I'll wait to hear opinions. Sword Gai also seems interesting, tho.... and Joker Game.... FUUUUUUU I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO SEE THAT LIST!!!!

I'll try to NOT watch many anime this season due to lack of time (I'll freak out if I start watching like 15 -_- ) so I'll go with Boku no Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri and ofc the new Hakuoki anime :D I'm also not sure about the Ace Attorney adaptation and Endride, I'll wait to hear opinions. Sword Gai also seems interesting, tho.... and Joker Game.... FUUUUUUU I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO SEE THAT LIST!!!!

haha im literally exactly the same, i don't have much time, i then get some time on the weekend or something, i will watch stuff and load myself with animes i like and then i realise i dont have enough time and i struggle to keep up, eventually i catch up but a lot of them i just watch half of them and go back to them later, i always do this for some reason :/

• Agree 1

This upcoming season looks much more promising than this current winter season. Stuff I'll be watching include (also, this is the order of what I'm hyped for):

1. Magi: Sinbad no Bouken - Another season of Magi? YES! Honestly, while I would rather see more of Aladdin and Morgiana, Sinbad's story seems interesting too.

2. Joker Game - Amazing premise. The trailer looks great, and the idea of having a spy network in that day in age seems pretty cool.

3. Bungou Stray Dogs - Apparently this show has its characters named after famous Japanese authors, but besides that the show looked like an interesting action show kinda like Gangsta.

4. Kuma Miko - By the same producers of Barakamon and Is the Order a Rabbit?? comes this show. I have high expectations.

5. Sakamoto desu ga? - While I heard that the manga is great, I'm really just watching it for Hikaru Midorikawa.

6. Hai Furi - The artwork looks like it will have stunning visuals, and the show just seems like it'll be a relaxing SoL.

7. Mayoiga - The trailer was completely boring, as it was just some guy speaking really fast with no real footage of the show. However, the summary makes it seem like a decent mystery show.
  8. The Asterisk War 2 - If Ryuji wasn't making me watch this show, I'd never even bother picking it up.

The Asterisk War 2 - If Ryuji wasn't making me watch this show, I'd never even bother picking it up.

If you don't want to watch it then don't. You sound really bitter about me making you watch it and I don't want you to resent me for it.

Also, I thought you were watching Hundred which is why I picked it up.

My finalized list:

Spring:

Haifuri

And You Thought There Is Never A Girl Online

Re: Life in a different world from zero

Bungo Stray Dogs

The Asterisk War Season 2

Mayoiga

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Winter Leftovers:

Assassination Classroom 2

Edited by Guest

If you don't want to watch it then don't. You sound really bitter about me making you watch it and I don't want you to resent me for it.

I was kidding about you making me watch it. xP I normally like to watch one show like this per season anyway, its just that I'm not really hyped for it at all.

Also, I thought you were watching Hundred which is why I picked it up.

After watching the trailer, while it did seem like another Asterisk, as I said before, I really only like watching one of these types of show, and it simply got traded out for Sakamoto desu ga?.

-Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?

-Hundred

-Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge

-Anne Happy♪

-Sansha Sanyou

And of course, my list wouldn't be complete without season 2 of

-Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

These are the ones i'm looking forward to, you can probably figure out why.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic