What do you think of anime fridge magnets?

Optic

Would you ever buy an anime fridge magnet?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever buy an anime fridge magnet?

• Yes!!! Why not?
    • Would love to but my housemates/family members might damage/steal them.
    • What the? No...

Hello everyone,

How can you lighten up your boring fridge or refrigerator? With anime magnets! They're a bit pricey compared to normal magnets, costing between 400-800 yen each, with the more popular franchises costing more.

I personally think they're nice to have. It kind of puts a smile on your face every time you use the fridge. xD Though we MIGHT have went a bit overboard with our fridge...

anime-magnets-fridge.thumb.jpg.7deed22f924c999099f3cf7c72a7005c.jpg

:ram:What do you think of anime magnets, and would you buy one? Why, or why not?

OMG what a beautiful fridge!!! (this is the first time in my life that when I'm calling a fridge bautiful, I'm reffering to ts outside rather than the food it has inside xD)

I'd love to have some,too, but our fridge door is completely covered in stickers from when me and my bro were little, so now we have a woodden ....erm.... dunno how to call it.... think of it as a phone case but in door size :P

• Like 1

so now we have a woodden ....erm.... dunno how to call it.... think of it as a phone case but in door size :P

Bunny - I really don't understand what you mean by this? :o:P

Putting them on my computer would be pretty cool.

You just reminded me of pre-LCD monitors, on the old CRT monitors. Magnets would really bugger them up - then you'd have to degauss them. @_@ For that reason I just can't imagine putting magnets anywhere near PCs out of habit, despite technology having moved on. :P

Bunny - I really don't understand what you mean by this? :o:P

I'm not surprized.... I have no idea what I said myself :P It's kinda hard to describe it. It seems like I need to start from the beggining (I'll try to keep it short :3 ). Back in summer 2008, we had a big renovation of our house which cost a lot of money and even though we replaced almost all of our appliances, we couldn't afford a new fridge as well. And a crappy looking fridge covered in stickers didn't really fit with our house anymore. Therefore, we had a carpenter make a new wooden surface for the door to cover up the damage...or something like that.... and now NOTHING is allowed onto said surface. Magnets wouldn't stick anyway :P

• 2 weeks later...
And a crappy looking fridge covered in stickers didn't really fit with our house anymore. Therefore, we had a carpenter make a new wooden surface for the door to cover up the damage...or something like that.... and now NOTHING is allowed onto said surface.

Oh I see! So you had a new fridge door retrofitted? But could you not still put magnets or stickers on the side of the fridge? In my photo above all the magnets are on the left hand side. Or is your fridge inside a cabinet so the sides are not reachable?

Unfortunately, they are all sold out on AmiAmi and Rakuten. :'(

Yeah, unfortunately for anime merchandise like this (magnets, badges, towels, pens, pencils, etc.) you really need to pre-order them as the anime is airing in Japan, availability is just so limited.

Outside of the second hand market (maybe scouring Amazon.JP, eBay, etc.) the only other option would be to wait for a third season or movie for Is the Order a Rabbit for it to get a fresh merchandise round.

I have a magnet but i don't use it for my fridge. This doesn't count as a magnet but I did receive a anime bumper sticker at Christmas time from a friend. Though i'm a little embarrassed to put it on considering it features two questionably aged females wearing questionable outfits.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I voted what the, no. But that's not really how I feel! I would love to have anime fridge magnets. But I don't really feel like listening to negative comments from other people lol

then I wont suggest putting them on your car !

like other anime merchandise ive seen on this site , yes I like no I wouldn't buy and of all the places the fridge be the last to put them and I have fridge magnets atm for putting bills up and wouldn't want to do that with these as over time you ruin the face of the magnet and that be a waste

think the most likely merchandise id buy would be the coffee mugs but cant see my self doing that either

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only have one magnet on my fridge currently and it says "I don't need to find myself I'm always in front of the fridge." And then there's kind of a cartoonish looking older women with a night gown on. I found it kind of funny. But anime magnets would be so cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd love to have some fridge magnets, they're totally adorable! <3 All I have is some bag clip magnets, lol.

I have some merch scattered throughout the house, mostly my husband's megazords and kamen rider figures, along with my collection of nendoroids on my desk.

Also a totoro on the prius! :hot:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bruh sick I think I might buy one now. Now the hard part finding one out of the probably thousands I like......