Relieving Stress

Optic

Stress can come from the daily grind at work, studying or perhaps from an ongoing issue.

Currently my main source of stress is caused by work. My work has a heavy customer service focus, and it's easy to get stressed due to dealing with complaints from clients and delays with suppliers. My favourite way of relieving stress is to watch something, ANYTHING! Anime, TV show, movie... combined with a nice cup of tea. ;)

Sometimes I will play a video game instead but these days I prefer to be more relaxed before playing a game. I know it sounds strange but there are times where playing a game has actually made me more stressed. :P

What is your main source of stress and what is your favourite method of relieving it?

My main source of stress is work AND school. Right now, I am not working or going to school (waiting my nursing board exams.. Any day now, ugh!). When I had both, my stress reliever was food. It was bad though, I gained 20lbs (but it was actually in a good way.. I used to be so frail! Needed the muscle boost, but now I am just so untoned!)

Now that I don't have to wear scrubs 7 days a week, I still go back to food (haha.. I have a lot of comfort foods), a cup of tea, reading, writing (poetry, snail mail, and maybe diary entry), video games (usually shooting games.. but I am iffy about it because it can get pretty frustating so yes, it can add up to the stress >_>), and watching something -- a movie, anime (getting back to it again), or TV show!

Oh dear I play a game or two to wind down and I end up worse off, every single time.

Most of my stress comes from school, and I find that being out the house, and going for a loooooong ride somewhere by bike makes me feel so much better. Having my ipod makes it perfect

• 3 weeks later...

Main source of stress definitely is the army. Gotta finish the job, can't break any of the army regimentation risks or risks being fined, charged or worse, court martial. Some side stress comes from relationships, family etc.

My favourite way of destressing is too get into a warm shower, and just stand or sometimes sit under the shower, the feeling of the heat beating down on the body helps me relax. on rare occasions, i go for a back massage to relax my body muscles as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MY sister bought a punching bag, which I believe some of you guys saw it during our hang-outs session. Recently find punching it a good well to let out steam, as well as sweating out.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity do any of you change your eating habits after a really stressful day? Maybe certain foods or drinks help you to destress better or do you find you tend not to change your food preferences?

I must admit I tend to reach more for the coffee (probably not the best idea) on those stressful times. ;)

Out of curiosity do any of you change your eating habits after a really stressful day? Maybe certain foods or drinks help you to destress better or do you find you tend not to change your food preferences?

I must admit I tend to reach more for the coffee (probably not the best idea) on those stressful times. ;)

I don't eat at all if I am really stressful. It makes me feel like throwing up =(

• 1 year later...

When I get really stressed I talk to a good friend of mine who I laugh a lot with usually while playing a fun or relaxing with them, often GTA or Minecraft. I used to drink a lot when stressed and I can say from experience that is an extemely bad idea.

Guest Jupiter

I used to have really bad anger issues that I apparently developed after my parents divorce. Stress from work added to that made me an open nerve. I actually ended up getting on anti depressants for a while. I was on those for a while. As I've grown older, I'm able to control it more.

I don't talk to friends about my issues unless it is really important as some times my friends don't like hearing it. They have their issues and I have mine. Mainly I sleep a lot when I'm angry or depressed. It seems to help. I believe that my anger is an indication that I am tired.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I believe I'm suffering from persecution complex, so my daily stress usually comes from my paranoia towards criticisms that might or might not be directed at me.

The way I relief my stress is just to get away from people, watch some funny YouTube videos, mute away the conversations that might be bothering me, and forget about the existence of others altogether. It's a temporary aid, but it helps me get through the day.

I easily get stress by little things. For example I have a little fight with a person. I won't get over it until I won't see her/him smiling back at me.

I usually relieve my stress using bubble wrap. I like popping those bubbles it really helps me relieve my stress.

My main causes of stress are College (I'm a math major) and work (because anything involving the public is stressful)

To relieve stress, I play video games, listen to music, watch anime and read books.

I tend not to get stressed as I can easily clear my mind , something I have learned form years and years of dealing with Tinnitus that would have otherwise caused me to loose my sh1t every hour or so , though every once in a while (not often) I do get buildup of stress and so I usually end up punching a wall (:hot:I have fists of Iron from doing this since I was about 6) or playing some sports , my go to is Basketball (which I play daily anyway) or Boxing if I can get a sparing partner.

Student = Stress. Stress + Anime/gaming/reading = no stress. But thats not why i posted this.

Among these, one of the methods i use to relieve stress is a common one, bone cracking. I have been cracking my neck, spin and knuckles for years now and due to a medical condition, my knees and everything below included. I have also recently learnt the whole "Kaneki-crack" from Tokyo Ghoul (now for the super fans, i know he doesn't crack them he breaks them but i aint doing that), and are super stoked, and started wondering how this will effect me physically.

What i want to know is what you guys think of this. There is a lot of information on the web but the problem is every webpage tells you something different such as: "it leads to arthritis." and "its just nitrogen bubbles bursting so no damaging effect at all." which is why i no longer know what to think so im asking you for your opinion, the few people i trust.

Whatever your opinions are i probably wont stop, even if i wanted too, i am just curious about what you Chiropractors In The Making think.4c0RAAv.jpg.40bfaaebeb55ab868f816df5262d54b0.jpg

Firstly , I did the Kaneki crack before Kaneki did :P secondly , and you already know this Mody , I have been cracking my joints for more than 10 years without effect , it does not lead to arthritis (according to what I know , and I may be wrong ) so relax.