ERASED - Episode 11 Discussion

EmperorQinmon

I CALLED IT! But I guess there was only so many ways it could go.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not too upset that Kayo married Hiromi. While Kayo and Satoru was cute, I always thought them ending up together was unrealistic, you know, too perfect.

Man, it was awesome to see Kenya and Hiromi as adults, Hiromi finally doesn't look like a girl, heh.

Next episode is the last right? I don't know if I can wait for it.

OH BOY.

THE TRAIN ISN'T STOPPING.

Not as bad as the last one, but damn. That's really not saying much .

I mean, who acts exactly the same as they were from elementary school? People tend to change during there puberty. That's why friends from elementary school don't tend to have good chemistry 7ish years down the road.

Also, the whole Hiromi thing seemed liked a forced plot twist. I was honestly more confused and angry then surprised.

It just seemed to be put there to surprised the audience.

Couldn't Hiromi just marry some random guy? I think that would be a lot more realistic then trying to fit two puzzle pieces that don't fit. Just what would that remove from the experience?

Also, why didn't the killer just kill Satoru when he was in a coma?

I'm sure there was TONS of opportunities since, I don't know... Him being in a coma for like 15 years?

Then he suddenly decides to kill Satoru on the roof. Are you kidding me? It was implied that he's planning to push Satoru off the roof, but what about possible witnesses? and what about people witnessing the teacher coming down from the elevator after he was done?

That leaves proof. I understand that unlike last time, where the technology wasn't very developed back when Satoru was a kid.

But there is no excuse anymore.

I'm having a really hard time believe that he managed to kill like 7 people successfully without getting caught. and quiet cleverly at that too.

But overall not as bad as episode 10.

On the bright side, I kind of like how they switched the inner dialog. From adult Satoru, to child Satoru.

Found that a really nice touch.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

Still waiting for Ryuji's thought regarding this episode xD.

Also, why didn't the killer just kill Satoru when he was in a coma?

I'm sure there was TONS of opportunities since, I don't know... Him being in a coma for like 15 years?

Then he suddenly decides to kill Satoru on the roof. Are you kidding me? It was implied that he's planning to push Satoru off the roof, but what about possible witnesses? and what about people witnessing the teacher coming down from the elevator after he was done?

That leaves proof. I understand that unlike last time, where the technology wasn't very developed back when Satoru was a kid.

Alright, I will try to explain it as briefly as possible.

First of all, like Yashiro said, it gave him the 'thrill' or 'filling something that's missing in this heart', when he kills someone.

Alright, the reason I put italic on the word 'kill', is because that it's not the feeling when he killed a certain person that it gave him thrills.

But rather it's when he 'killed them in style' and having a person framed. So killing him when he was in coma wouldn't give the 'thrill' that he desired for. In short, he is not your everyday psycho.

And it was never implied that he is planning to throw Satoru off the roof, are you perhaps talking about the opening? That's a different matter you know.

My thoughts on this episode,

Well, not much, being a manga reader, it's a bit sad that the anime adaptation 'stray' from the original source. But it's understandable. Though it is a bit stupid, I mean who in the world says "I know you're the killer." to a person who tried to kill you while being alone on the roof. FFS Satoru.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

And it was never implied that he is planning to throw Satoru off the roof, are you perhaps talking about the opening? That's a different matter you know.

No, I don't actually ever recalling seeing the opening. Well, I was assuming he was going to push him off because of the string towards the cliff of the building.

Well, I actually went to quickly recheck, and it wasn't heading toward the cliff.

Either way, It still leaves some proof.

Well, I guess this would all make sense if he plans on killing himself afterwards or something to escape responsibility or something. Which would be pretty predictable.

First of all, like Yashiro said, it gave him the 'thrill' or 'filling something that's missing in this heart', when he kills someone.

Alright, the reason I put italic on the word 'kill', is because that it's not the feeling when he killed a certain person that it gave him thrills.

Wasn't his motivation because of strings or something?

He says "I've murdered the people who I could see were connected to it."

And it's not just his subconscious or imagination.

It's heavily implied it an actual paranormal activity with, "I don't think you'll believe this, but I'll tell you anyways.Or maybe you will understand".

Well, according to "HorribleSubs".

But the coma thing wasn't the greatest thing to come out of my ass.

Reading it back now, it wasn't the greatest point.

Edited by Guest

Either way, It still leaves some proof.

But where? And what is it? I can't recall anything that may leads to your prediction of Yashiro pushing him off the roof.

Wasn't his motivation because of strings or something?

He says "I've murdered the people who I could see were connected to it."

And it's not just his subconscious or imagination.

It's heavily implied it an actual paranormal activity with, "I don't think you'll believe this, but I'll tell you anyways.Or maybe you will understand".

Well, according to "HorribleSubs".

Yes that's true, he only kills people with strings on his head which only he could see(anime explanation) but also, he always try to kill them in style to give him the thrills he needs to fill the hole in his heart. As proven with Hinazuki's death in the previous 2 timelines, and also the item that was found in the bus before, which was all his stuff to kill a single child basically.

Like I said, my point is, killing Satoru the way he was(coma) wouldn't give him the thrills he needs.

Edited by Guest

I can't recall anything that may leads to your prediction of Yashiro pushing him off the roof.

No. That's not what I meant by proof. I meant proof as in evidence that would lead to the teacher being the killer.

It's like I said before

Well, I was assuming he was going to push him off because of the string towards the cliff of the building.

Oh wait.

Well, I actually went to quickly recheck, and it wasn't heading toward the cliff.

Like I said, my point is, killing Satoru the way he was(coma) wouldn't give him the thrills he needs.

Yeah, I'm not really disagreeing about the whole coma thing.

Like I already said "the coma thing was an asspull on my part."

I wasn't saying that the coma was related to the murder string.

Edited by Guest

I didn't really enjoy this episode as much as the others it felt rushed I didn't have a clue what was going on through it hopefully the next episode is better.

@FSL29, My original thoughts on this episode: Forget this....I'm quitting anime.

After calming down and deciding that quitting anime was not a good idea, I'll just say that I think I'll stick to the first 10 episodes of Erased and pretend the rest of it doesn't exist.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Well that's sort of immature isn't it? I'm sorry, I just mean, because something went the way you didn't want it to you won't acknowledge it?

I agree. It would be immature if I was to quit simply because something didn't go the way I wanted to.

However, it's not that simple. Sure, I was upset that Kayo got married to somebody other than Satoru but that's not the only thing I had an issue with in that that episode. It's too personal for me to talk about on here.

Let me think of a better way to put this....

Basically there is something in Episode 11 that triggered painful memories for me. The fact that I got depressed enough to consider quitting anime....when anime is an integral part of my life just goes to show how deep this wound is.

Edited by Guest

Don't worry @Ryuji, I think Satoru x Airi is a really good ship. They match. And moreover, it's legal! xD.

I was in Airi's ship all along, but when I read the manga, my first thought at this scene was, "Dang it Hiromi, where's your loyalty mate?" xD.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic