Say something to the person above!

Optic

5 hours ago, Sakura said:

Not something that would be safe to share here but a quick Google search if you are really curious would probably inform though I don't recommend it. Some things are better left to be not known and this is definitely one of those things lol 

That bad huh. In that case I'll follow your advice.

5 hours ago, Sakura said:

I hope you made it through grocery shopping and didn't want to beat someone with a stick by the end of it because that's usually how I feel when I leave a shopping mall for either clothes or groceries

It started off well. I got my favourite space in the car park, next to the trolley return point, then it went a bit downhill. Almost every shelf that had the stuff I wanted had someone in front of it who couldn't decide what to get. Then when I got to the checkout and I was first in the queue, this is not a good as it sounds because the cashier starts ringing up my stuff before I've had time to organise my bags and the cashier glares at me because I'm not bagging my stuff fast enough. On the plus side I got home, unloaded the car and put it away without any problems.

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, Animedragon said:

It started off well. I got my favourite space in the car park, next to the trolley return point, then it went a bit downhill. Almost every shelf that had the stuff I wanted had someone in front of it who couldn't decide what to get. Then when I got to the checkout and I was first in the queue, this is not a good as it sounds because the cashier starts ringing up my stuff before I've had time to organise my bags and the cashier glares at me because I'm not bagging my stuff fast enough. On the plus side I got home, unloaded the car and put it away without any problems.

You just pointed out a ton of reasons why I like to order grocery online when I can 😅

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Geeezzz that does not sound like a good time. Hopefully tomorrow (today for you, I think) will be better 💜 I gotta agree though @Zeref I like to order groceries too just so I don't have to deal with any of the annoying grocery store things. Especially people standing in the aisles blocking everything and having a full blown conversation with someone. 

• Friendly 1

7 hours ago, Zeref said:

You just pointed out a ton of reasons why I like to order grocery online when I can 😅

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

I gotta agree though @Zeref I like to order groceries too just so I don't have to deal with any of the annoying grocery store things

7 or so years ago when I was still at work and my parents were alive, but housebound, we used to order on line because it saved me spending Saturday morning in the supermarket.  Now I live on my own on line ordering isn't an option because the supermarket charges for delivery unless you meet their minimum spend and their minimum spend is more than my usual weekly shop. Anyway I prefer to choose my own fresh fruit and going to the shops does get me out of the house.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Animedragon said:

7 or so years ago when I was still at work and my parents were alive, but housebound, we used to order on line because it saved me spending Saturday morning in the supermarket.  Now I live on my own on line ordering isn't an option because the supermarket charges for delivery unless you meet their minimum spend and their minimum spend is more than my usual weekly shop. Anyway I prefer to choose my own fresh fruit and going to the shops does get me out of the house.

Luckily there is no minimum spend limit for delivery here. There is a charge for delivery. You can sign up for your first year free however for $19.95 and pay no delivery fees no matter how many times you order which I think is well worth it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I'm realllyyyy glad we don't have that min. delivery here because I would probably not meet it either if it was a lot. We tend to not spend some crazy amount on groceries. 

6 hours ago, Zeref said:

Luckily there is no minimum spend limit for delivery here. There is a charge for delivery. You can sign up for your first year free however for $19.95 and pay no delivery fees no matter how many times you order which I think is well worth it. 

The first  year was a really good deal there was no way I wasn't going to hop on that lol 

• Like 2

Did you know you can get your eyeballs tattooed? If you’re looking to get your entire body tattooed, you don’t need to stop at your eyeballs. Many hardcore tattoo fans are getting the whites of their eyes injected with ink of all kinds of colors ranging from green to purple. However, there are some risks involved such as pain and prolonged blurred and double vision.

Did you know I absolutely never want to see someone with their eyes tattoo'ed? 😱 I mean to each their own but that's a bit too much for me lol sounds like it causes a lot of problems too. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

Did you know I absolutely never want to see someone with their eyes tattoo'ed? 😱 I mean to each their own but that's a bit too much for me lol sounds like it causes a lot of problems too. 

It wouldn't bother me, but if they had words tattooed on their eyes I'd try to read them which might mean me staring to try to make out what the words were. What kind of problems does it cause though to someone that gets tattoos on that/those area(s)?

Uwhhh It's not worth the risk to me lol I looked up eye tattoo's actually and now I'm scared XD 

• Agree 2

I don't even think I could get a normal tattoo due to my fear of needles. I did used to want to have one that was very simple and somewhere hidden but it's pretty much just something I've thought about and will never actually do. 

• Agree 1

I've never even thought about getting a tattoo and don't really understand why anyone would want any sort of marking on their body that they're going to have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Tattoo's are not for me but I understand why some people want to get one. It's their body so I think they should do what they want but if I see someone with eye tattoo's I may not want to approach them 😅

I wanted a semicolon tattoo on my wrist once (didn't get it), but this is due to the meaning of a semicolon on the wrist which is something I am a survivor of. I wanted it there in case I ever went to that place again sometime in my life, that I would remember I beat this once and I could do it again, assuming I fell back into that place again. Ultimately though I have too strong a fear of needles to be able to do it. 

• Friendly 1

From what I understand about the semicolon tattoo it symbolizes someone who has overcome a great difficulty with mental health. A semicolon can symbolize a continuation of someone's life, a reminder that their story hasn't ended yet. The symbol comes from the fact that an author might use a semicolon when they could have chosen to end a sentence but decided not to. 

I believe this is similar to someone that might get a navy or army tattoo, a remembrance of where they have been. Many tattoo's seem to have a personal meaning behind them as a representation of their journey. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

9 hours ago, Zeref said:

From what I understand about the semicolon tattoo it symbolizes someone who has overcome a great difficulty with mental health. A semicolon can symbolize a continuation of someone's life, a reminder that their story hasn't ended yet. The symbol comes from the fact that an author might use a semicolon when they could have chosen to end a sentence but decided not to. 

I believe this is similar to someone that might get a navy or army tattoo, a remembrance of where they have been. Many tattoo's seem to have a personal meaning behind them as a representation of their journey. 

Yep,  basically this. It's a reminder that "I could have died, but;...." you chose to continue on and be stronger than your worst moment. 

On a less-dark note.. did you know it's Shark Week on Discovery Channel?! If not you should and you should check out some sharkie shows! 🦈 This is one of my favorite weeks of the year and I wait all year for it lol ~ 

• Friendly 1

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

On a less-dark note.. did you know it's Shark Week on Discovery Channel?! If not you should and you should check out some sharkie shows! 🦈 This is one of my favorite weeks of the year and I wait all year for it lol ~ 

Unfortunately I can't watch Discovery Channel here in the UK, but it sounds an interesting programme, I suspect that sharks don't totally deserve the bad press they get.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This was first year I watched the shark week with @Sakura and I am enjoying it. I don't remember ever see it come on from where I am from either but it is educational and the shows are interesting. 

• Friendly 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

16 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Unfortunately I can't watch Discovery Channel here in the UK, but it sounds an interesting programme, I suspect that sharks don't totally deserve the bad press they get.

I love Shark Week ~ it's what made me want to study Marine Biology as a kid so every year I kinda have a Shark Week party when it airs 🥰

3 hours ago, Zeref said:

This was first year I watched the shark week with @Sakura and I am enjoying it. I don't remember ever see it come on from where I am from either but it is educational and the shows are interesting. 

BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR! I am always hyped about this because it has good shows and it gives me a lot of nostalgia too. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 2

I don't even remember the first time we watched shark week, but I know I was really excited to watch it and mom wasn't wanting to see it as much as I was. Eventually I think it grew on her because now we always look forward to it.

• Agree 1
  • Cute (Kawaii) 1

It is on this week through Sunday, I think. I have so far enjoyed watching it and we ordered shark cupcakes for tomorrow nights Friday night episodes. I also learned today at Sonic there is a Shark Week Slushie which is blue raspberry flavored and on top has strawberry mix to look like blood or chum in the water and it has shark gummies in it. 

• Agree 1
  • Wow 1