Visual Novels: Which Are Your Favorites?

Bard

Now i understand in Japan that there are, I guess, two types of visual novels. We aren't going to look at a specific type as this question targets visual novels as a whole. Personally i haven't played very many visual novels so I'm hoping to learn of new titles as well as learn about what types of things you people enjoy. As of now i can only name a couple that I've played. (Because they are the only ones that are okay for the forums, no i'm not into them but i have this friend who thinks its funny to give me disgusting anime related merch)

Visual Novels I've Played:

School Days (School Days HQ)

26383-a8edb031995688ab9079177facd37efb.jpg

Grisaia no Kajitsu

26386-c21dc64dc845348c20176cc245a3bfa3.jpg

Please give me more suggestions.

230px-SchoolDays.png.d717e0dcf4c19ab35e8f89f95d8c33b8.png

59e216e6e06b2_DONTLOSETHISPICTUREYOUWORTHLESSPIG.png.248c0d52d8ba5a3c685d3cdf9ba4515f.png

My top 5 VN's:

1. Majikoi S (18+)

19573.jpg.45d803e6d47bd267c5c0ddafdd9600e9.jpg

Majikoi had one of the best VN opening in Majikoi S. My favorite girl finally gets her route here (Margit) and overall, the new routes in S were amazing. Tsubame's S or M route was really great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdfnwZ8mnG8

2. Majikoi (18+)

4195.jpg.a202719723907f5cc0586f1e91f24c68.jpg

85% FINALLY DONE (inside joke to anyone who ever played Majikoi before it was finish being TL'd). Momoyo is my girl, her route is bestest but other girls route are great as hell. Wanko's emotional route was top tier.

3. Walkure Romanze (18+)

25935.jpg.a29d93411d9b75dde3ce2d35d5ec5d6d.jpg

Bwahahahahaha VN ABOUT JOUSTING. Let me get this off my chest, 8bit ruined Walkure Romanze anime but because WR in my top 3 VN and Celia is my top 3 waifu along with Kourin and Luna. I mindlessly put WR in my favorite anime cause of that lol.

Well this VR is about girls in a jousting school, Takahiro (you) was a former joust but got into an accident so now your helping out the girls to win the championship AND THEIR HEART.

4. School Days (18+)

409.jpg.347fbfc1f1281c13d6ff1908e856e56b.jpg

4 Words: KOTOHANA IS BEST GIRL

5. Kimiaru (18+)

20639.jpg.8177b9d9a44b990fecb9bddd51799957.jpg

I have an obsession with Minatosoft and their games

My favorite/top usually just consist of my favorites tbh lol. *patiently waits for Majikoi A-5*

Also Walkure and Kimiaru aren't TL x3 BTW since I see you played School Days, did you know Shiny Days is out in english?

Also Walkure and Kimiaru aren't TL x3 BTW since I see you played School Days, did you know Shiny Days is out in english?

I did not but i will check it out!

• Like 1

Great Visual Novels:

Clannad (Fantastic Visual Novel)

Rewrite (fantastic Visual Novel)

Little Busters (I haven't started this one yet but the anime was fantastic)

Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort (it has super cute girls but I haven't finished it yet)

Great Visual Novels:

Clannad (Fantastic Visual Novel)

Rewrite (fantastic Visual Novel)

Little Busters (I haven't started this one yet but the anime was fantastic)

Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort (it has super cute girls but I haven't finished it yet)

The Clannad VN is on my steam list and ill check out the other you said. Thank you

• Like 1

The one and only vn I've played is Hakuoki (both the 3ds and psp version... which is actually the same thing xD) It was the only otome game with an english translation at the time, tho.... In August, 3 more such games were released in english (Amnesia, Code Realise, Norn9) on PSVita and are currently on my plan-to-buy list. I'm also playing Scarlet Fate which got an english translation for android only (which is kinda annoying but hey, it's free.... the game is great anyway). Other than those, I'm playing a bunch of unofficial/non-japanese vns on facebook/smartphone etc :P

• 1 month later...

[FLOAT_RIGHT]59e216ea51ebe_PlanetarianTheReverieofaLittlePlanet.thumb.jpg.5dfb8a8692fde46b7322e6546ab3fdf3.jpg[/FLOAT_RIGHT]

I've only played one visual novel and that was a kinetic one by Key called Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet. Very touching and beautiful title with a dystopian touch, and am glad it's getting an anime adaptation.

Though it being a kinetic one you literally don't make any choices at all, just scrolling through the dialogue and scenes.

Edited by Guest